hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxing!

Just watched the Wilder fight and, regardless of what he says, he was hurt in the 7th.

It's not a popular opinion but I'd still stick my money on a fit, focussed and active Tyson Fury beating Wilder and Joshua.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watched the Wilder fight and, regardless of what he says, he was hurt in the 7th.

It's not a popular opinion but I'd still stick my money on a fit, focussed and active Tyson Fury beating Wilder and Joshua.
    I agree. The Fury who dethroned Wlad in Germany beats Wilder and Joshua convincingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    What channel did u watch that on ?
    Watched it on a paid for sports add-on I have on kodi. Think it was HBO. Both superb fighters btw. Sor Rungvisia got the decision in a close competative fight. Rungvisia is the guy who beat Roman Gonzalez x2. On points the first time and brutal ko the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    BOMZQUAD.

really hope him and Joshua get through their fights and put it together.

Wilder' s record of 39 wins, 39 fights, 38 kos is outrageous.
    His record is outrageously **** if you understand the level of opposition that's on there. If his record was any good he'd be in the discussion as an ATG heavyweight. He just got his first elite level win. His record is one of the biggest jokes in boxing.
    Last edited by Anti-hoofbaw; 04-03-2018 at 09:18 AM.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

He was definitely hurt. One more big punch and he was done. A younger fighter may have finished him off in the 8th.

Wilder is just a swinger. That was his first fight against a top 10 opponent and he got through due to his opponent Tiring. AJ beats him. Then AJ v Fury in early 2019 - that’ll be a very interesting fight. Can see why some say fury, but I’m interested to see how AJ looks coming in lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Taylor looked great but it was expected against that guy. He's an outstanding talent. Looks as tough as nails as well.

It seems to be an unpopular opinion among the purists but I think AJ would steamroll Fury now.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/43296154

"Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez says it "surprises and bothers" him that traces of clenbuterol were found in a drugs test, but his rematch against Gennady Golovkin will still go ahead on 5 May."

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    It seems to be an unpopular opinion among the purists but I think AJ would steamroll Fury now.
    I'm with you, surprised so many folk think Fury can step back into the ring after all this time and resume where he left off.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Indongo stopped by Prograis early last night...

Perfect fight for Josh Taylor before he steps up to face the elite of the division.

Scott Quigg misses weight for his title fight tonight no longer can win the title whole card might yet get called off.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    I'm with you, surprised so many folk think Fury can step back into the ring after all this time and resume where he left off.
    I think that's the caveat for many.

However the Fury that beat Wlad has the beating of Joshua and Wilder imo.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

I can’t make my mind up. I am a huge AJ fan and want him to unify the division. I hate fury and all the crap he’s spouted. I hate his style too, it’s not entertaining. But if he’s at his very best, would his speed and footwork frustrate AJ? Very possibly. I’d love AJ to put him on the canvas within a round or 2, but my worry is, fury would take it on points.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    I can’t make my mind up. I am a huge AJ fan and want him to unify the division. I hate fury and all the crap he’s spouted. I hate his style too, it’s not entertaining. But if he’s at his very best, would his speed and footwork frustrate AJ? Very possibly. I’d love AJ to put him on the canvas within a round or 2, but my worry is, fury would take it on points.

AJ has a media trained personality and is an ex drug dealing black supremacist. Fury just talks **** for a laugh. Don't understand why people like AJ over Fury. Fury made a jokey comments about Zionist Jews and some about women and is labelled a sexist and a racist because of it but AJ gets away with murder due to being the media darling and the main face of the Sky/matchroom cash machine. AJ has got away with comments he has made about the superior black race and other stuff brushed under the carpet by the hype machine. Give me Fury over that big stiff racist fake idiot AJ any day of the week. Fury's antics are comedy gold imo. Each to their own though, mate.
    Last edited by Anti-hoofbaw; 11-03-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-hoofbaw View Post
    AJ has a media trained personality and is an ex drug dealing black supremacist. Fury just talks **** for a laugh. Don't understand why people like AJ over Fury. Fury made a jokey comments about Zionist Jews and some about women and is labelled a sexist and a racist because of it but AJ gets away with murder due to being the media darling and the main face of the Sky/matchroom hype machine. AJ has got away with comments he has made about the superior black race and other stuff brushed under the carpet by the hype machine. Give me Fury over that big stiff racist fake idiot AJ any day of the week. Fury's antics are comedy gold imo. Each to their own though, mate.
    Bit odd that you defend Furys antics while slagging AJs. There is 100% no joking with Furys comments.

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    Bit odd that you defend Furys antics while slagging AJs. There is 100% no joking with Furys comments.

It's the double standards that I have issue with not so much the comments. If Fury had made comments about the superior white race the press would slaughter him. AJ recently got a bit of stick for a sexist comment he made about his niece. If it was Fury spewing out that stuff the press would have went in hard on him. Being a Muslim AJ has some ****ed up beliefs btw. As for Fury's comments being 100% not joking, well he's got interviews where he states it's all just a big joke to get the fans interested. I believe him but if you don't then that's up to you. To me Fury's comments are tongue in cheek while AJ's are definitely his beliefs.

Fury is the man imo and I can't wait for his return.
    Last edited by Anti-hoofbaw; 11-03-2018 at 10:18 AM.

Watched it on a paid for sports add-on I have on kodi. Think it was HBO. Both superb fighters btw. Sor Rungvisia got the decision in a close competative fight. Rungvisia is the guy who beat Roman Gonzalez x2. On points the first time and brutal ko the second time.
    Been following the Thai his last few fights, heard he is getting paid absolute peanuts for his last few fights bit of a joke tbh

It's the double standards that I have issue with not so much the comments. If Fury had made comments about the superior white race the press would slaughter him. AJ recently got a bit of stick for a sexist comment he made about his niece. If it was Fury spewing out that stuff the press would have went in hard on him. Being a Muslim AJ has some ****ed up beliefs btw. As for Fury's comments being 100% not joking, well he's got interviews where he states it's all just a big joke to get the fans interested. I believe him but if you don't then that's up to you. To me Fury's comments are tongue in cheek while AJ's are definitely his beliefs.

Fury is the man imo and I can't wait for his return.
    Joshua isn't a Muslim. He was raised a Christian. From the horses mouth:

Speaking to iFL TV, Joshua said “I am not a Muslim but I respect Muslims and appreciate Muslims”.

Joshua isn't a Muslim. He was raised a Christian. From the horses mouth:

Speaking to iFL TV, Joshua said “I am not a Muslim but I respect Muslims and appreciate Muslims”.
    I thought he converted. There's photo's of him praying in a mosque for all to see but it was probably just a publicity thing if he says he's not a Muslim. Not that I care what he is tbh. I'll watch that IFL video, cheers.

Been following the Thai his last few fights, heard he is getting paid absolute peanuts for his last few fights bit of a joke tbh
    Never knew that. Yeah, that's a joke if true. He's a top 10 p4p fighter after his last 3 wins.

Ifl tv is great.better interviews than all big media outlets.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Just read that lomachenko V Linares has been made, really hope that's true

I dont think Loma v Linares will be all that competitive. Linares went life and death with Kevin Mitchell and Lomachenko is arguably number 1 pound for pound at the moment.

If Linares wins more than a couple of rounds i'd be surprised.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to fight lomachenko, he’s one of the greatest of all time.

I feel sorry for anyone that has to fight lomachenko, he’s one of the greatest of all time.
    One of the greatest amatuers boxer of all time no doubt but he's only had 11 fights in the pro game, mate. (10 wins 1 loss). The guy's so good they threw him in at world level from the start. He's potentially an ATG but no where near there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I dont think Loma v Linares will be all that competitive. Linares went life and death with Kevin Mitchell and Lomachenko is arguably number 1 pound for pound at the moment.

If Linares wins more than a couple of rounds i'd be surprised.
    If Linares wins a round I'll be surprised.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Joe Joyce stopped his opponent last night in first round, the yank was 6'10" and full of flab some size of a unit!

Steve Simmons succumbed to a body shot in second round.

Gamer IDs

Joe Joyce stopped his opponent last night in first round, the yank was 6'10" and full of flab some size of a unit!

Steve Simmons succumbed to a body shot in second round.
    Aye the Joyce fight was a joke.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Looking forward to tonight's boxing, the manin 3 fights couldn't be good, really looking forward to seeing Ritson again and seeing how he does against Cardle who is good but blows hot and cold, hope Whyte wins as I'd love to see him v Wilder for the build up alone

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Looking forward to tonight's boxing, the manin 3 fights couldn't be good, really looking forward to seeing Ritson again and seeing how he does against Cardle who is good but blows hot and cold, hope Whyte wins as I'd love to see him v Wilder for the build up alone
    Ritson is up now. I hope Whyte gets knocked out, he’s a classless prick. I was watching the build up last night and he comes across as an absolute tit.

United we stand here....