hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I never read that blog as I couldn’t think of anything worse than reading a Celtic blog but I’ve no problem with the paragraph you’ve quoted.

We should be utilising and learning from the experience of all the clubs, to ignore and not use the experience of the biggest and most successful club is daft IMO.
    Perhaps I should have said you should read it.

The sense of overinflated ego and entitlement is hilarious. The last paragraph just puts the tin lid on it - the passive agressive nonsense, sniping from the sidelines, allowing everyone else to "screw it all up" then Celtic riding in like a white knight to clean house - that's what this is all about.

It's undisguised - " I know, it's such a mess.....what? You want me to help out? well I don't know. I'm so busy and important but....I do have one or two ideas - there will be some conditions, of course"

I repeat, I'm no Petrie fan, but having Lawell running the game? No thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

I agree with what Lawell said other than that there still should be the two bodies.
    That said , if we had one body (working to progress) it would surely make it easier for the whole of the game ?
    It seems like the blazers are hell bent on stifling our game?? There's been so many suggestions/theories, why are we still at the same point as 20 years ago?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Sorry if this has been covered already but seen a couple of tweets tonight from people wanting Lennon to get the Scotland job.

If Petrie is one of the main people involved in the recruitment process surely there’s a massive conflict of interest here?!

I’ve nothing really against Petrie but whoever’s involved in the decision making process surely should only have the national teams best interest at heart and if the hibs manager could be a contender he needs to step aside from any committee or whatever else he’s involved with in connection to this.

Personally.id be gutted of we lost Lennon to Scotland job...I can't see it happening thankfully as I think he is too outspoken for the beaks at GFA

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Personally.id be gutted of we lost Lennon to Scotland job...I can't see it happening thankfully as I think he is too outspoken for the beaks at GFA

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    He's outspoken and Genuinely despised by half the country so that rules him out.

In all honesty, Neil Lennon is EXACTLY what this country needs right now imo and would be a fantastic Scotland manager

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    He's outspoken and Genuinely despised by half the country so that rules him out.

In all honesty, Neil Lennon is EXACTLY what this country needs right now imo and would be a fantastic Scotland manager
    Correct mate, sadly bigotry rules.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

Nah, more than that, ever tried to have a conversation with a fan of the sheep about NL. Not for any particular incident, they just despise him. Other teams I don’t know, but sheep would never have it either.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Nah, more than that, ever tried to have a conversation with a fan of the sheep about NL. Not for any particular incident, they just despise him. Other teams I don’t know, but sheep would never have it either.
    Yeah I was being generous. The reality is only Celtic and hibs fans love him.

I hated him before he joined us in all honesty like most. But having watched the impact he's had at us I love the man and believe some of the hatred towards him is misplaced. A very passionate man, a winner and won't settle for second best

Now Craig Levein. That is a bellend

I'm no Petrie fan, but having Lawell running the game? No thanks[/QUOTE]

Both are same animals. Petrie would like to be Lawell. Neither had have interest other than owns. Scotland and those who support and all who pay at gate all leagues in the land are not in eithers interest

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah I was being generous. The reality is only Celtic and hibs fans love him.

I hated him before he joined us in all honesty like most. But having watched the impact he's had at us I love the man and believe some of the hatred towards him is misplaced. A very passionate man, a winner and won't settle for second best

Now Craig Levein. That is a bellend
    That blue hun coat he wears on match days is just well for want of a better word just criminal. He's beyond parody and requires professional psychiatric help.

mon the cabbage!!!

Coaching Staff
    Sorry if this has been covered already but seen a couple of tweets tonight from people wanting Lennon to get the Scotland job.

If Petrie is one of the main people involved in the recruitment process surely there’s a massive conflict of interest here?!

I’ve nothing really against Petrie but whoever’s involved in the decision making process surely should only have the national teams best interest at heart and if the hibs manager could be a contender he needs to step aside from any committee or whatever else he’s involved with in connection to this.
    As far as Lennon is concerned I definitely think he could do a good job there & more worrying he might just fancy it, the old how far can I take Hibs scenario. Just a thought.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    Football fans are fickle and a good result or two would see all forgiven. Apart from some bammy Rangers fans and first of all they probably support Northern Ireland anyway and secondly we shouldn’t be making decisions based on being scared to upset the morons.

I see Graham Murty is in the papers this morning praising Neil Lennon and there was a story in the papers during the week about him visiting prisoners in the jail, combined with a couple of journalists and of course Brendan Rodgers all suggesting him, I hope there’s not a bit of a charm offensive going on.

(I’m not saying for a second Lennon only made that visit to the jail to impress people, I’m just not sure it would always have made the papers)

Football fans are fickle and a good result or two would see all forgiven. Apart from some bammy Rangers fans and first of all they probably support Northern Ireland anyway and secondly we shouldn’t be making decisions based on being scared to upset the morons.

I see Graham Murty is in the papers this morning praising Neil Lennon and there was a story in the papers during the week about him visiting prisoners in the jail, combined with a couple of journalists and of course Brendan Rodgers all suggesting him, I hope there’s not a bit of a charm offensive going on.

(I’m not saying for a second Lennon only made that visit to the jail to impress people, I’m just not sure it would always have made the papers)
    Some Hibs fans still seem to have an issue with Lennon even after how well he does with us.

I can’t see Lennon going to for Scotland job right now - I would think one day he will manage Northern Ireland though.

What about other managers ? McInnes (don’t actually rate him but higher up than Lennon)

What’s the thoughts on 2 bodies or 1 ? What would be the best way forward?

As I’ve said before doesn’t matter if Pep was new manager it’s to do with those running the game and the lack of world class players we produce here.

@hibs.net private member Stonewall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Some Hibs fans still seem to have an issue with Lennon even after how well he does with us.

I can’t see Lennon going to for Scotland job right now - I would think one day he will manage Northern Ireland though.

What about other managers ? McInnes (don’t actually rate him but higher up than Lennon)

What’s the thoughts on 2 bodies or 1 ? What would be the best way forward?

As I’ve said before doesn’t matter if Pep was new manager it’s to do with those running the game and the lack of world class players we produce here.
    I think 2 bodies are necessary. Responsibility for governance of the game should be carried out by a separate entity.

Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
    I think 2 bodies are necessary. Responsibility for governance of the game should be carried out by a separate entity.
    We need someone other than the SFA in charge of football governance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...t-sfa-12003839
    Makes some good points.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder if Petrie still being on SFA board, had any decision on Michael O’Neill not taking the Scotland job?
    Was their not a bit of history, when Fenlon got the Hibs job ahead of him

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Wonder if Petrie still being on SFA board, had any decision on Michael O’Neill not taking the Scotland job?
    Was their not a bit of history, when Fenlon got the Hibs job ahead of him
    Yes but I doubt that would be a consideration in taking or not taking the job. It’s not like he would have daily dealings with him. That aside surelyit would be whiever was dissing him rather than Petrie he would have a grudge against.

Lawell was so keen on being involved in running Scottish football that he came off the SFA board when he didn’t have too.It would be a disaster if the professional clubs ran the whole operation.They haven’t produced one world class player between them in the last 20 years.The OF concentration on bringing in foreign players at the expense of developing Scottish talent has had a really devastating effect.

David moyes on talk sport saying Walter. Fss

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43033018

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    not a massive Scotland fan but Alex McLeish sems a no brainer to me.
    Mystic Flash coming to a town near you.