hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share Donations

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OfficialHSL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Criswell

Allow us to clarify. The 1300 is historical, at that point in time we had reached the 1300 mark but we have continued to grow to just over 1700. We know the web site is outdated but are working right now on the new one. Our ownership stake is now around 14%. We are past the half way mark of our target of 26%.

HSL
    i have to say, to get to 14% already given the often discussed flawed website/communication problems etc is highly impressive. If those problems can be sorted out and HSL becomes altogether more visible we should hit that shareholding target fairly quickly and easily I imagine. Which will please those like myself who want a large chunk of the club held collectively in the safe and loving arms of Hibs supporters, and those who don’t care about the shareholding at all but want more funds directed into the team. I will be signing up after payday next week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Argylehibby

We could debate this for ever, as I said there isn't a right or wrong answer. The political situation was the only comparable I could think of in terms of your preferred method. We also took our steer from Supporters Direct Scotland who also recommended this approach. The first vote our Members will be asked to take is just coming up, new Directors, and this will again be done on a simple majority.

HSL
    Ive asked this question before (albeit a while ago) is there flexibility for signing up with regards dates & money coming off.

For example - If I sign up tomorrow can I set up a DD for last Thursday of the month (pay day) ?

Quote Originally Posted by happyhibbie View Post
    Ive asked this question before (albeit a while ago) is there flexibility for signing up with regards dates & money coming off.

For example - If I sign up tomorrow can I set up a DD for last Thursday of the month (pay day) ?
    happyhibbie

Yes there is flexibility, to an extent. Let me expain.

When you initially sign up the Go Cardless system will arrange to pick up the first Direct Debit a few days in advance, about 5 days. Once this is set up, you can immediately ask us to change it to any day of the month ( 1st to 28th ) or the last day of the month.

Hope this helps.

I'm off to watch Casualty

HSL

Quote Originally Posted by Easter Rising View Post
    i have to say, to get to 14% already given the often discussed flawed website/communication problems etc is highly impressive. If those problems can be sorted out and HSL becomes altogether more visible we should hit that shareholding target fairly quickly and easily I imagine. Which will please those like myself who want a large chunk of the club held collectively in the safe and loving arms of Hibs supporters, and those who don’t care about the shareholding at all but want more funds directed into the team. I will be signing up after payday next week.

Easter Rising

Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to having you on board next week.

HSL

Argylehibby

Thank you for your view, we know we have discussed this before. There isn't a right or wrong answer here however can we perhaps share some thoughts on this :

Some would say that this is democracy in action. The simple majority carries the day. Prior to launch we considered this issue and came to the view that the idea that you prefer, which is essentially proportional representation, was more suited to political situations where decisions are being made constantly over a period of time. Some States choose voting methods which will deliberately produce a coalition to ensure that both left and right views can be heard over the course of a government. In our scenario, a social collective, where there is no real expectation of many major decisions to be made the view held was that simple democracy was the best way. We also felt it was very highly unlikely that we would ever have a vote that would split supporters down the middle. Imagine who the vote would go on a proposal to sell Easter Road ?

What is important of course id that we have made clear in our articles that this is how things operate and therefore Supporters can make a decision with this in mind.

HSL
    I asked that very question about how the HSL shareholding would vote when HSL had its Q&A on here and the answer was that the whole shareholding would vote according to the wishes of the majority. I have no problem with that.

However it does mean that my HSL membership is not the same as my Hibs shareholding. In both cases I can be outvoted, but only the latter allows me to voice my opinion to Hibs. HSL is like real life - you vote for your MP/MSP and have no way of directly registering your support/disapproval of a government policy. My shareholding allows me to register that support/disapproval.

That said, I'm happy to be a member of HSL and would encourage anyone who wants to donate money to the club to look into membership.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Where can I find an application form for the HSL certificate?

It was pointed out to me before, but I never got round to completing it.

Thanks 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

happyhibbie

Yes there is flexibility, to an extent. Let me expain.

When you initially sign up the Go Cardless system will arrange to pick up the first Direct Debit a few days in advance, about 5 days. Once this is set up, you can immediately ask us to change it to any day of the month ( 1st to 28th ) or the last day of the month.

Hope this helps.

I'm off to watch Casualty

HSL
    Thanks 👍

First Team Regular
    [QUOTE=OfficialHSL;5313546]Criswell

Allow us to clarify. The 1300 is historical, at that point in time we had reached the 1300 mark but we have continued to grow to just over 1700. We know the web site is outdated but are working right now on the new one. Our ownership stake is now around 14%. We are past the half way mark of our target of 26%.

Thanks for the update. Onwards and upwards hopefully.

[QUOTE=Criswell;5313738]
    Criswell

Thanks for the update. Onwards and upwards hopefully.
    We hope you don't mind using your thread to clarify that donating shares does not require giving away all of your shareholding. Supporters holding 5000 shares can donate any number of shares and of course retain any number.

HSL