hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

Hibs need a formal system for releasing unused season tickets

Although Hibs have sold all their tickets for the Hearts and Aberdeen (only a few dozen left) games, there will still be empty seats due to season ticket holders not being able to attend. This is particularly noticeable in the FF Stand because of all the kids tickets.

Currently there are a few fans who know to release their tickets back to the club, but I think there should be a more structured, and publicised, method.

I don't think that people should be paid for doing so, but some sort of credit towards next year's season ticket might be an incentive.

As I type this, I'm thinking that as we don't have all that many genuinely sold out games where we can't use the south stand for "overflow", it's probably more hassle than it's worth for Hibs to set something up.

That's a shame, if it's the case, cos being in a properly full Easter Road is an awesome experience.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Although Hibs have sold all their tickets for the Hearts and Aberdeen (only a few dozen left) games, there will still be empty seats due to season ticket holders not being able to attend. This is particularly noticeable in the FF Stand because of all the kids tickets.

Currently there are a few fans who know to release their tickets back to the club, but I think there should be a more structured, and publicised, method.

I don't think that people should be paid for doing so, but some sort of credit towards next year's season ticket might be an incentive.

As I type this, I'm thinking that as we don't have all that many genuinely sold out games where we can't use the south stand, it's probably more hassle than it's worth for Hibs to set something up.

That's a shame, if it's the case, cos being in a properly full Easter Road is an awesome experience.
    EPL clubs using Ticketmaster have a formal system that kicks in when the game is offically sold out. You can release your ST seat for sale on the system and receive 30% of the price, if your ticket is sold, towards "club cash" which can be used in a variety of ways, including a credit towards the following seasons ST.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    EPL clubs using Ticketmaster have a formal system that kicks in when the game is offically sold out. You can release your ST seat for sale on the system and receive 30% of the price, if your ticket is sold, towards "club cash" which can be used in a variety of ways, including a credit towards the following seasons ST.
    And there it is. 👍
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

That's a cracking idea Geo_1875

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    As a ST holder that works/lives away most of the time, this sort of thing would really appeal to me

By the time you take off 30% and pay whatever the scheme costs to administer, I doubt Hibs would make much. You probably need nearly every game to be a sell out before that kind of thing is worthwhile.

It might be easier just to send an email appeal to all ST holders each time we're near a sell out asking those not going to release seats?

Next season the kids season ticket should be increased in price IMO.

Even doubling the price to £50 it would still be fantastic value and maybe we would see a reduction in people getting a £25 ticket and not showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post

Even doubling the price to £50 it would still be fantastic value and maybe we would see a reduction in people getting a £25 ticket and not showing up.
    This, too many empty seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post

Agree with OP and both these posts.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    By the time you take off 30% and pay whatever the scheme costs to administer, I doubt Hibs would make much. You probably need nearly every game to be a sell out before that kind of thing is worthwhile.

It might be easier just to send an email appeal to all ST holders each time we're near a sell out asking those not going to release seats?
    I'm less bothered about Hibs making oodles of cash, than having the stadium full.

An email would have limited effect. I don't think 30% would be necessary. Even a fiver back as incentive would increase returns dramatically.

It only costs 5p to buy a plastic carrier bag, but people won't pay it. The same principle would apply, imo.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I shouldn't imagine the set-up costs would be much as it's already part of Ticketmaster's service offering. The ongoing costs could be met out of resales. Any money going to Hibs is profit.

It's also really noticeable in the east stand. More so for me than the ff lower actually.

I'm less bothered about Hibs making oodles of cash, than having the stadium full.

An email would have limited effect. I don't think 30% would be necessary. Even a fiver back as incentive would increase returns dramatically.

It only costs 5p to buy a plastic carrier bag, but people won't pay it. The same principle would apply, imo.
    Maybe on a full price season ticket, but the FF kids season ticket is £25 so a fiver back would create a profit by not going to any games. The club could look at how to achieve some sort of returns policy without it costing us at all. In reality it is only necessary for 6 home games. Selling our v Aberdeen is a new one. Hopefully as crowds improve with our success it becomes for of an issue, but in the mean time it is something for the club to look at. Email to Frank and Tracey.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I have a rangers supporting friend who has a season ticket but rarely goes (3 games this year - defeats to Hibs, Celtic, and Hibs again ). They have a system where you get money back for releasing your ticket but only if then ALL released tickets are subsequently resold do you get any cash - this results in him rarely getting anything back apparently.

Generally I agree, £5 off at the club shop or next year's ST per game missed would be a nice touch - without any of the above loopholes. Would encourage further purchases from the club as you have money off and also help persuade people who are put off committing to a season ticket because they know missing 2/3 games puts them out of pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Maybe on a full price season ticket, but the FF kids season ticket is £25 so a fiver back would create a profit by not going to any games. The club could look at how to achieve some sort of returns policy without it costing us at all. In reality it is only necessary for 6 home games. Selling our v Aberdeen is a new one. Hopefully as crowds improve with our success it becomes for of an issue, but in the mean time it is something for the club to look at. Email to Frank and Tracey.
    It wouldn't really matter if the ST holder made a profit. Hibs would have gained even more from having sold an adult Cat A ticket. Also, the "profit" would have to be used against a future ST, hospitality or in the club shop.

The number of games we sell out are extremely limited at the moment anyway, so I do think that it's worth looking at for next season, if not this year's games after the split.

Either that or cancel your season ticket if you don't make it to X amount of games, or the price increases or something? All for cheap tickets if people use them, but if our crowds continue you could have a situation were adults willing to pay £300+ per season are struggling for decent seats because there are stacks of unused 25 quid kids season tickets.... The huns at home was a near sellout I think and it was half empty, as it is most games.

Surely if you buy a £25 season ticket, an adult buys it for £28 and you get 30% back (£7.40) then you basically get a free season ticket if you release your ST 3 times.

Why do people always want stuff for nothing? You buy your season ticket, not to be recompensed for missed games, the only benefit you should need is seeing your club make ££££ from resold seats for the sake of you sending an email that takes 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Either that or cancel your season ticket if you don't make it to X amount of games, or the price increases or something? All for cheap tickets if people use them, but if our crowds continue you could have a situation were adults willing to pay £300+ per season are struggling for decent seats because there are stacks of unused 25 quid kids season tickets.... The huns at home was a near sellout I think and it was half empty, as it is most games.
    I assume your cancel season tickets for non attendance would apply to everyone not just family season ticket holders

I think folk are getting a wee bit carried away with 1 season of fantastic crowds. If this was to happen for another couple of seasons then we should look at options. But let’s not be creating disharmony for season ticket holders to benefit some big game only fans who may struggle to get a ticket

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    Surely if you buy a £25 season ticket, an adult buys it for £28 and you get 30% back (£7.40) then you basically get a free season ticket if you release your ST 3 times.

Why do people always want stuff for nothing? You buy your season ticket, not to be recompensed for missed games, the only benefit you should need is seeing your club make ££££ from resold seats for the sake of you sending an email that takes 30 seconds.
    Thats the problem with the various concession ST's,I would go for, releasing a full price seat and receive a £5 voucher for the club shop up to (4 per season)
    Releasing any other seat - Nothing

...And get a big advert/link/button on the main page of the Hibs official website that can be triggered when it is needed.

You do realise that these cheap season tickets have to be bought along with at least one adult season ticket. Increasing the cost for families attending matches would be short sighted to say the least.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Having an option on the online sales site should be set up, I'm not too fussy about getting anything back personally as the club would benefit financially. I'd just prefer the process to be much easier than having to send an email to the club, which may or may not get auctioned depending on how busy they are.

Having a list of the games with a tick box next to it online that can be unchecked for the games you can't attend would be easiest.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    You do realise that these cheap season tickets have to be bought along with at least one adult season ticket. Increasing the cost for families attending matches would be short sighted to say the least.
    Yes I realise that, still think £25 is too cheap though. Even at £50 it would be less than £3 a game which is phenomenal value and easily within the financial reach of the vast vast majority of families.

The other issue is that they are clearly not attending that many matches as shown by the empty seats everyweek.

Quote Originally Posted by seanshow View Post
    Thats the problem with the various concession ST's,I would go for, releasing a full price seat and receive a £5 voucher for the club shop up to (4 per season)
    Releasing any other seat - Nothing

...And get a big advert/link/button on the main page of the Hibs official website that can be triggered when it is needed.
    This was my idea too, make the vouchers expire at the end of May so they need to be used before the new strip comes out or people would just use them for that. Only get the voucher if someone buys your seat though.

The club would make money from that system imo

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Is this the case with historic £25 tickets? I'm not sure these were cancelled when the new approach was introduced and could still be getting renewed.

First Team Breakthrough

Best idea I've heard on here for a long time

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I have a few mates who cannot commit to season tickets just now - working away regularly, family commitments etc. I have no doubt that if we introduced a system that allowed you to resell your seat for any games you were going to miss -and a share of thhat revenue came to you in the form of a discount off next year's season ticket - they would absolutely buy season tickets for next season which they otherwise would not touch.

So, you'd get more bums on seats on match days for atmosphere, the club would pull in more revenue from the re-sales and the club would also sell more season tickets in the first place.

What am I missing?

Of course you're right.

However, that's not the reality, it's wishful thinking.

There are any number of reasonable things that people wouldn't do if they weren't coerced or rewarded

Of course you're right.

However, that's not the reality, it's wishful thinking.

There are any number of reasonable things that people wouldn't do if they weren't coerced or rewarded
    The reward would be more money in the clubs account meaning we can afford better players meaning when they can make it they’ll be seeing a far better quality (hopefully) of player.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

So Hibs get to sell my seat twice? No thanks, if I miss a game I always try to give it away, failing that it will remain empty.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    So Hibs get to sell my seat twice? No thanks, if I miss a game I always try to give it away, failing that it will remain empty.
    What difference does it make to you if your not going? The sort of selfish attitude that will stop us maximising our revenue in years to come.