hibs.net Messageboard

Page 329 of 406 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379 ... LastLast
Results 9,841 to 9,870 of 12180
    What a mental game! We stopped them twice in the game, both at exactly the right time! I was majorly wrong about Foles, what a player! Got into a shootout with Brady and came out on top! The only player in Superbowl history to throw a TD and catch a TD in the same game!

I can't see me getting much sleep before work at 8am!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a mental game! We stopped them twice in the game, both at exactly the right time! I was majorly wrong about Foles, what a player! Got into a shootout with Brady and came out on top! The only player in Superbowl history to throw a TD and catch a TD in the same game!

I can't see me getting much sleep before work at 8am!
    Enjoy it mate.

First Team Breakthrough MileHighBees's Avatar
    Congratulations to the NE Patriots
    ... for matching the Broncos record of 5 Superbowl loses

PS Well done Eagles, great win

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighBees View Post
    Congratulations to the NE Patriots
    ... for matching the Broncos record of 5 Superbowl loses

PS Well done Eagles, great win
    Matched it... With 5 wins too.

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Matched it... With 5 wins too.
    Yeah, fair enough, we've only got 3.
    But, as far as i know, we didn't illegally spy on other teams or deflate balls to win any of them

PS I live in Colorado therefore it is a legal requirement that I :-
    (a) Love the Broncos
    (b) Hate the Raiders
    (c) Hate the Patriots
    (d) Love Southpark

https://youtu.be/15WcQneNLy4

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Well done Philly! Well deserving of the win, and it's actually nice to see a new team win it for a change (even if a number of their fans chose to celebrate it by torching their own city...).

Enjoy it chaps - I'm pleased some of our forum get the chance to celebrate it for the first time. Despite all the derision aimed at Foles, he was very composed and excellent last night. Wentz did a superb job getting them into position, and I've nothing but praise for the Philadelphia coaching staff and Foles for being able to maintain that momentum.

I've said for a few weeks now I didn't think we were good enough to win it, and yet they kept finding ways to surprise me. Feels like that could be our last appearance for a while, as NE is going to be a changing organisation in this off-season. I feel both Patricia (thank goodness) and Josh McDaniels will depart for head coaching roles elsewhere, and we have a few players at the end of a contract who won't be renewed. A genuine chance next year for a more competitive AFC East, and hopefully AFC in general, as it always felt like a weaker conference this year.

But, as far as i know, we didn't illegally spy on other teams or deflate balls to win any of them

PS I live in Colorado therefore it is a legal requirement that I :-
    (a) Love the Broncos
    (b) Hate the Raiders
    (c) Hate the Patriots
    (d) Love Southpark

https://youtu.be/15WcQneNLy4
    Good to see another Broncos fan. What do you think we will do in off season? Cousins? Mayfield? Both? One and draft O line again?

I'm struggling to get any work done today, not because I'm tired, I'm still wired after the game!

Nick Foles put together a playoff run for the ages, imagine coming in as a backup and winning superbowl MVP, the stuff dreams are made of. How on earth did we win despite conceding over 600 yards? The fourth down conversions at the end of the first half for Foles TD was an incredible play and an absolutely amazing play call from Pederson. The defence made 1 play all game and did it at absolutely the best time!

What happened with Malcolm Butler, got to think he could have helped slow our offense down a little?

Gamer IDs

I'm struggling to get any work done today, not because I'm tired, I'm still wired after the game!

Nick Foles put together a playoff run for the ages, imagine coming in as a backup and winning superbowl MVP, the stuff dreams are made of. How on earth did we win despite conceding over 600 yards? The fourth down conversions at the end of the first half for Foles TD was an incredible play and an absolutely amazing play call from Pederson. The defence made 1 play all game and did it at absolutely the best time!

What happened with Malcolm Butler, got to think he could have helped slow our offense down a little?
    Is that because you've torched your workplace to the ground?

It was an absolutely ridiculous game. There wasn't enough defense for me, but the Foles story is amazing... He looks completely poised at all times. And some gutsy play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Is that because you've torched your workplace to the ground?
    That's later on, once I've gotten down off the top of the lamppost....

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    US commentators are honking biased for the Prats.

Said this during the game

Well done Philly! Well deserving of the win, and it's actually nice to see a new team win it for a change (even if a number of their fans chose to celebrate it by torching their own city...).

Enjoy it chaps - I'm pleased some of our forum get the chance to celebrate it for the first time. Despite all the derision aimed at Foles, he was very composed and excellent last night. Wentz did a superb job getting them into position, and I've nothing but praise for the Philadelphia coaching staff and Foles for being able to maintain that momentum.

I've said for a few weeks now I didn't think we were good enough to win it, and yet they kept finding ways to surprise me. Feels like that could be our last appearance for a while, as NE is going to be a changing organisation in this off-season. I feel both Patricia (thank goodness) and Josh McDaniels will depart for head coaching roles elsewhere, and we have a few players at the end of a contract who won't be renewed. A genuine chance next year for a more competitive AFC East, and hopefully AFC in general, as it always felt like a weaker conference this year.

a very classy post

*yawn*

Will be interesting to see what happens this off season and who comes into those coaching roles. Overall a very good season and a phenomenal game to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    It was an absolutely ridiculous game. There wasn't enough defense for me, but the Foles story is amazing... He looks completely poised at all times. And some gutsy play calling.
    I said after the NFC championship game that he is the big winner, he's off to get paid by someone! Well done to him.

Gamer IDs

Will be interesting to see what happens this off season and who comes into those coaching roles. Overall a very good season and a phenomenal game to end it.
    Gronkowski has apparently said he's considering his retirement in the off-season.

That would be a monumental blow to us. I understand he's been hampered with injuries throughout his career, but he's a big player for us (in more ways than one).

Gronkowski has apparently said he's considering his retirement in the off-season.

That would be a monumental blow to us. I understand he's been hampered with injuries throughout his career, but he's a big player for us (in more ways than one).
    Unless the concussions are building up for him surely he wouldn't retire. Would be a massive blow to the Pats if he did, he's virtually unstoppable.

Gamer IDs

Unless the concussions are building up for him surely he wouldn't retire. Would be a massive blow to the Pats if he did, he's virtually unstoppable.
    I'm not sure if it's possibly an emotional reaction to last night, the injuries he's endured in recent years, or a combination of both.

With CTE being well in focus just now, and him having suffered his 2nd concussion in 2 years, I dare say he'll be mindful (no pun intended, at all) of what that might mean later in life.

He's also had major surgery on his arm, his knee and his back in recent years.

I really hope he doesn't, but he's made a mint playing football and will be one of the most successful footballers of a generation.

Wouldn't surprise me if he does retire, a lot more football players are retiring earlier than expected. He's been in what 4 super bowls? He's got two rings, a ton of money and he'll probably be on tv a lot after he retires... But he'd be a huge miss for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nellio View Post
    Good to see another Broncos fan. What do you think we will do in off season? Cousins? Mayfield? Both? One and draft O line again?
    http://www.9news.com/article/sports/...d/73-513927729

Certainly appears that Kirk Cousins is the Broncos top target but plenty of other teams will want him too.
    Looks like he'll be in a position to demand a rather hefty pay check wherever he goes.
    Without better protection it won't really matter who plays QB though, so the rest of the offense also clearly needs improvement.
    Elway is going to be very busy trying to find the right players to bring in.
    He already made the huge decision to keep Vance Joseph as head coach which was quite a surprise.
    He (Joseph) really needs to step up after looking way out of his depth at times last season.
    Both of them will be under massive pressure to turn things around quickly.
    I'm not especially optimistic but we'll see what happens.

Gamer IDs

Matt Patricia announced as the new Lions head coach.

Had a good run in New England, but our defense has consistently been the worst part of our team.

Not sure he'll work out in Detroit, but I wish him well.

Matt Patricia announced as the new Lions head coach.

Had a good run in New England, but our defense has consistently been the worst part of our team.

Not sure he'll work out in Detroit, but I wish him well.
    I'm more bothered about losing McDaniels.

Gamer IDs

He's now been confirmed as joining the Colts as their head coach.

A new chapter beginning in New England!

He's now been confirmed as joining the Colts as their head coach.

A new chapter beginning in New England!
    Kapernick from free agency and Rex Ryan in a palace coup overthrowing Belichik

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Kapernick from free agency and Rex Ryan in a palace coup overthrowing Belichik

How about this as an epic fail... Mike Lombardi said this in August 2017 just before the start of the season... https://youtu.be/0D8eYo4_Js8

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CalvinoHFC PSN ID: CalvinoHFC
    I wouldn't worry too much about it mate.

What a shambles that turned out to be.

McDaniels stiffs the colts on the altar and stays at the pats as OC one more year lol he musta been promised the HC job in 2019 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about it mate.

What a shambles that turned out to be.
    Didn't the Colts already announce it before the Super Bowl?

He's got the nod from BB.