hibs.net Messageboard

Reaction since the derby

Amazing the difference some good signings and couple of wins makes. I think it's inarguable that we're well placed now to push on and compete for 3rd so long as we stay injury clear - touch wood.

Now I think of it we've also managed to get through the Christmas period without the traditional slump in form, and for all the injuries the team look as balanced and creative as ever. Cheers Neil

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Well that’s the staying injury free bit stuffed up...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanson's Swans View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Amazing the difference some good signings and couple of wins makes. I think it's inarguable that we're well placed now to push on and compete for 3rd so long as we stay injury clear - touch wood.

Now I think of it we've also managed to get through the Christmas period without the traditional slump in form, and for all the injuries the team look as balanced and creative as ever. Cheers Neil

Agreed we have responded well. Absolutely vital we beat them in the next Derby however.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals

Barker big blow bit gutted about that but we should still be alright

Quote Originally Posted by essexhibee View Post
    Agreed we have responded well. Absolutely vital we beat them in the next Derby however.
    Why is it "absolutely vital"? from a football POV? If we beat Aberdeen at home and keep winning until the derby, then we'll likely be yet further ahead of them in the league.

I think we'll beat them at ER, but it'll likely only be "absolutely vital" if one is too caught up in the pissing contest bragging rights side of things. Unlike them, our results in Edinburgh derbies should no longer define us IMO.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Why is it "absolutely vital"? from a football POV? If we beat Aberdeen at home and keep winning until the derby, then we'll likely be yet further ahead of them in the league.

I think we'll beat them at ER, but it'll likely only be "absolutely vital" if one is too caught up in the pissing contest bragging rights side of things. Unlike them, our results in Edinburgh derbies should no longer define us IMO.
    Very good point keep playing how we are playing and see where we are when it comes around. Loads of points to win in between time. Injuries are definitely a concern though alot of which IMO can be put down to the schedule when we had about 6 games in a week both before and directly after the break, a schedule many other teams didnt have. Pointless having a break in this scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanson's Swans View Post

Cursed us with the injury comment mate...cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk