hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Brandon Barker

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When Barker has a shot that is even close to the target I'll believe he is better than Boyle. Just because he is on loan from Man City, a club I doubt he'll ever play a proper game for, doesn't mean he ****s gold. He is very raw and while he played well last night he hasn't done a whole lot so far.
    Boyles final product isn't exactly anything to rave about , in fact its pretty poor and something he has to improve on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by pacoluna View Post
    Boyles final product isn't exactly anything to rave about , in fact its pretty poor and something he has to improve on.
    Aye but boyles alright....hibs legends cant do wrong

Left by mutual consent!
    Brandon is exactly what a loan should be, somebody keen to play and to compliment the team.

Over last few years before Stubbs previous managers were getting in 4/5 loans or guys on very short deals and using them as key players. That was wrong and it cost us.

Brandon might well end up being a key player but he highlights everything that is right about our recruitment now.

Was beginning to wonder what all the hype was surrounding this young player, however, after Tuesday night I now get it. Obviously very talented but can he do it consistently. Let's hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Wishful thinking mate, not much evidence Barker can have a field day against anyone
    Ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    I don't know why people are comparing Boyle and Barker, when the two are different types of players! Boyle is a centre forward to trade, where as Barker is a natural winger Boyle only started playing as a winger when he was at Dundee and that continued when he signed for Hibs. If you look back at Boyles goals for Hibs, most of them have been when he has been playing through the middle.
    Yep. Boyle is a cracking player. His attitude to improving is superb and I hope he is with is for many years to come.

Must admit, even though I have my reservations about this lad's defensive lapses Im looking forward to seeing what he can do against Motherwell.

I see what some fans are saying about having a player that makes you get out your seat whenever he has the ball.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Brilliant player to have running at defences especially when they're tired! Wish his shooting was just that bit better...cracking pass to si murray on Tuesday too...what a difference having two proper wingers on each side

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Brilliant player to have running at defences especially when they're tired! Wish his shooting was just that bit better...cracking pass to si murray on Tuesday too...what a difference having two proper wingers on each side
    We have to have two wingers all the time. It's the only way.

Nothing wrong with comparing players in a lighthearted way. If anyone's half interested in my tuppence worth then all I'll say is Barker has been coached and learned way more than Boyle. And remember this kids only 19!!!! Boyle has adapted fantastically to his position as he was predominantly a striker. I think he's a wee bit predictable but working with Barker he will pick up wee things a natural winger does. We're lucky to have both!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey09 View Post
    Nothing wrong with comparing players in a lighthearted way. If anyone's half interested in my tuppence worth then all I'll say is Barker has been coached and learned way more than Boyle. And remember this kids only 19!!!! Boyle has adapted fantastically to his position as he was predominantly a striker. I think he's a wee bit predictable but working with Barker he will pick up wee things a natural winger does. We're lucky to have both!
    Brandon has just turned 21 but you make a valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Brandon has just turned 21 but you make a valid point.

Apologies. Thought he was 19.

First Team Breakthrough NZ Green's Avatar
    For me, he's one of those players that I really enjoy watching when he gets the ball. I would really like to see him score to boost his confidence, he seems to just take that extra touch or tries to take on an extra player when he should just have a crack at it.
    I said from the beginning he needs to start more games, recently he has and I think he's making an impact, hopefully he just continues to improve.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Brandon had an effort on Saturday. It’s getting closer to Boyles efforts on goal. Well done son.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We've spent years wanting pace out wide, we have it now and our full backs can help them out but first and foremost they can defend.

With wingers, they are always going to lose the ball more than they will deliver the perfect ball, but they will pin their full backs back, and stop them going forward as much as they'd want.

We have two very good attacking options in Barker and Boyle, most teams in our league would like them in their side.

“The derby was class,” beamed Barker. “From minute one you didn’t need any motivation and when the goal went in it was such a good feeling. In my opinion 1-0 flattered them, I thought we dominated them although there were times when they could have easily scored because they are a good team. “It was just a fantastic experience and the song at the end [Sunshine on Leith] was so touching to me given it was my first time and my family was there.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...f-me-1-4604462

Good article about Brandon. Go on, Brandon, give us a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    “The derby was class,” beamed Barker. “From minute one you didn’t need any motivation and when the goal went in it was such a good feeling. In my opinion 1-0 flattered them, I thought we dominated them although there were times when they could have easily scored because they are a good team. “It was just a fantastic experience and the song at the end [Sunshine on Leith] was so touching to me given it was my first time and my family was there.”

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...f-me-1-4604462

Good article about Brandon. Go on, Brandon, give us a goal.
    Well it was a long time in coming. You could see what it meant to him. I get the feeling he really enjoys it at Easter Road.

I'm still waiting for that "Brandon Barker" game. We almost had it against The Rangers at Easter Road. I wonder it is going to be this weekend.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Great finish. He was largely anonymous after it however.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Great finish and a superb run in the first half where he almost created a goal - also game in field a lot to help out the midfield.

A good night's work. Delighted for him getting his first goal.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Was quite obviously blowing out of his erse by about 60 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Was quite obviously blowing out of his erse by about 60 minutes.
    He always seems to look like that. Like he's just slept in after a heavy session.

Hes a young lad he scored and spent the first hour running faster than most players on the pitch. He then slowed down a bit. But, he is improving.

Not to mention getting kicked or flattened at any opportunity and given no protection from the worst (and thats saying something) ref in the country.

Well done Brandon. Unfortunaly due to the mental English market, this time next year he will be on 20-30 grand a week at some team like Burnley or QPR. It would be amazing if we could keep him.

Im glad we have him at the moment.