hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bodywarmers, gilets etc.

Why would you not want sleeves, it's just weird?
    I've worked mostly outside,and much prefer a bodywarmer keeps you warm with still the a bit mobility don't like too big jackets.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Bodywarmers, gilets etc.

Why would you not want sleeves, it's just weird?
    A bodywarmer is the only thing I can get my son to wear in the winter, he hates big padded jackets etc and would rather go to school with no jacket at all! A bodywarmer is our compromise

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Given the amount of people in their 30’s and 40’s who have consoles, I’m probably in the minority nowadays. The days of them being for nerds have gone and I can definitely see the appeal but it’s not for me and can’t play one for any more than five minutes.
    For me whilst I can get right into a FIFA night with my mates or similar (I mean physically in the same room, beers etc) the appeal of online gaming is a mystery to me. Sitting in a darkened room like a ****ing teenager playing randoms 14 year old lads from across the globe most of whom rarely see the light of day and caring to an extreme degree about levels and XPs etc etc etc.

Weird IMO.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Sounds like a challenge!
    Does twitter have a equivalent?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I’m sure I’ll be in the minority with this one but I don’t get why people have such a problem with folk peeing in public places...... if they do it discreetly?!

There was a story in the paper the other week with a guy wanting a run cancelled as some runners were having to go to the toilet in the park, would this guy rather they pissed themselves? Same happened to me before hampden when we won the cup, I had a long walk between the bowling club and the ground and found myself bursting on a piss so I found a bit waste ground, went to the corner and took a piss behind a bush, one of the local residents saw me and went daft, With no public toilets near by wtf was I meant to do? I’d rather go to a toilet as well but sometimes needs must!

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m sure I’ll be in the minority with this one but I don’t get why people have such a problem with folk peeing in public places...... if they do it discreetly?!

There was a story in the paper the other week with a guy wanting a run cancelled as some runners were having to go to the toilet in the park, would this guy rather they pissed themselves? Same happened to me before hampden when we won the cup, I had a long walk between the bowling club and the ground and found myself bursting on a piss so I found a bit waste ground, went to the corner and took a piss behind a bush, one of the local residents saw me and went daft, With no public toilets near by wtf was I meant to do? I’d rather go to a toilet as well but sometimes needs must!

I agree with you key word being discreet. I've pee'd all over the place,with work and nights out.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Expensive things that don't last. Washing machines, computers, fridges, TV, dishwashers. People know how to make components that last, so why do we tolerate having to replace this assembly line rubbish and get a new one shipped from Guangdong every three years?
    Inbuilt obsolesence - Started with light bulbs I think. Things are deliberately built with weaker metals etc. interesting and infuriating at the same time.
    Last edited by andybev1; 11-01-2018 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Why everyone is using the word literally and mostly wrongly.
    This. drives me mad.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andybev1 View Post
    This. drives me mad.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    I agree with you key word being discreet. I've pee'd all over the place,with work and nights out.
    Sounds like the key word is aim. :-)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar

Agreed, on route home to my old house I had a pre planned discreet pee stop as often required after night out. :-)

@hibs.net private member

Do the same as women..pee before you leave anywhere and know where the nearest toilet is at all times! Its not okay to pee in the streets its just not. Can you imagine the smell in those residential areas. Id go nuts too.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    Do the same as women..pee before you leave anywhere and know where the nearest toilet is at all times! Its not okay to pee in the streets its just not. Can you imagine the smell in those residential areas. Id go nuts too.
    I agree with this - however I have also done it. But I can certainly see why folk go daft about it.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Cups of tea. Folk in my work come in and spend the first 15-20 mins of the day getting "settled in" and in the kitchen making a cup of tea because they couldn't possibly start working without one apparently. They then proceed to make another one on an hourly basis throughout the course of the day, probably spending around 15% of their working day in the kitchen making them. Some folk will even turn up late for meetings and happily tell Chief Executives etc "sorry, had to go make a cup of tea". It seems to have became an accepted form of skiving.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

I don't understand why people think peeing in the street should be acceptable. Either get your mates to treat you like a child and make sure you've went before you leave each place, or start wearing diapers.
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Peeing in public isn't against the law for the sake of having a law.

If you get caught, you'll be prosecuted for"Public Nuisance", which is what it is.

It's not fair to expect people to put up with the mess and the smell.

I'm sure the lawyers/courts/judges etc would love to argue about where it was and wasn't acceptable to pee in public. The amount of legislation that would require would make a lot of rich people even richer.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I do!!!

I’m maybe a bad example as I’ve genuinely got a terrible bladder and been to the doctors about it but even if I didn’t, once the seal is broken, so to speak, it’s very difficult to control.

I’m not talking about doing it on a street, or in someone’s stairway as that is clearly out of line. I’m talking about going behind a bush, a tree or down a lane that’s not used.

@hibs.net private member
    I do!!!

I’m maybe a bad example as I’ve genuinely got a terrible bladder and been to the doctors about it but even if I didn’t, once the seal is broken, so to speak, it’s very difficult to control.

I’m not talking about doing it on a street, or in someone’s stairway as that is clearly out of line. I’m talking about going behind a bush, a tree or down a lane that’s not used.

A decent percentage of the female population have their peeing mechanism wrecked by childbirth: they don't pee on the street / behind bushes / down lanes. They understand their limitations, and adapt their behaviour. Try wine or shorts instead of pints, and plan your route.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    A bodywarmer is the only thing I can get my son to wear in the winter, he hates big padded jackets etc and would rather go to school with no jacket at all! A bodywarmer is our compromise
    My younger son (17) won't go out in anything but a hoody even at below zero temps. This seems to be the norm for his age group - I don't get that either.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Cups of tea. Folk in my work come in and spend the first 15-20 mins of the day getting "settled in" and in the kitchen making a cup of tea because they couldn't possibly start working without one apparently. They then proceed to make another one on an hourly basis throughout the course of the day, probably spending around 15% of their working day in the kitchen making them. Some folk will even turn up late for meetings and happily tell Chief Executives etc "sorry, had to go make a cup of tea". It seems to have became an accepted form of skiving.
    I find the coffee drinkers are even worse re. this type of behaviour.
    (I'll leave smokers out of this because they're getting a hard enough time as it is).

@hibs.net private member
    I do!!!

Dont you talk to me about bladders Mr Bingo! Ive had four kids!! Pee in the pan man!!

Dont you talk to me about bladders Mr Bingo! Ive had four kids!! Pee in the pan man!!
    Gardyloo!!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Gardyloo!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Does twitter have a equivalent?
    I don't know Sylar is going to find out

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Separate hot and cold taps where the hot water is like lava and the cold is like liquid helium. Why do toilets in the UK still install these things?

I don’t get the fact that most our bathrooms do not have a bidet!

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Separate hot and cold taps where the hot water is like lava and the cold is like liquid helium. Why do toilets in the UK still install these things?
    Funnily enough I’m looking to get a new bathroom fitted and almost all of them seem to have separate taps.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    I blame the smoking ban, skivers gonna skive.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    The only lesson a kid will get from smacking is that smacking is ok. I don't get why some folks need to resort to it, there's much more effective ways of getting your kids to toe the line.
    sorry cant agree with your fist part, i got a skelp every now and again and i didnt grow up thinking smacking was or is ok, in fact i have never and would never raise a hand to my kids so agree with your second part, usually the look is enough to let them know!!

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I don't get people thinking that giving up alcohol for a while is a "waste of time".
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!