hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes. Nobody can condone excessive violence leading to the taking of somebodies life, but loose canon or not, you have to ask what would make a man violently attack his sister's boyfriend to this extent? The conclusion is unlikely to be a comforting one to those who would simply demonize McCormack.
    Well said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    Yes. Nobody can condone excessive violence leading to the taking of somebodies life, but loose canon or not, you have to ask what would make a man violently attack his sister's boyfriend to this extent? The conclusion is unlikely to be a comforting one to those who would simply demonize McCormack.
    very well put Bob

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    As always don’t believe everything u read in the papers. Much more to this than meet the eye and I can guarantee most u would would have done the same in his shoes.

100% wait till the trial and lets see if the character assassinators feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    100% wait till the trial and lets see if the character assassinators feel the same way.
    👍

Quote Originally Posted by Humo View Post
    Hope for his sake he can defend better in court than he did on the pitch

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Poor

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    I think it's a shame that a guy who obviously has/had the abilty to make it as a professional football-player instead seems to have lost his way in life - there go I etc, etc !.
    I would say it's more of a shame for the guy he's allegedly attempted to murder and he will now have to live with the mental and physical scars of that for the rest of his life.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    What a clown you are
    It is quite funny

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Knew him years ago and if I had been asked then to pick someone I knew who would end up in big bother he'd have been near the top of the list. As others have said a total loose cannon.

Whilst it's still a bit shocking to read he's been charged with attempted murder I can't say I'm surprised.
    Between you and California-Hibs (the only folk who have known him in the real world) he sounds like the sort of guy we don't want as a supporter never mind a player representing the club.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Between you and California-Hibs (the only folk who have known him in the real world) he sounds like the sort of guy we don't want as a supporter never mind a player representing the club.
    I'm not passing any comment on what he is like now. I'm sure I wouldn't like how people would have described me 7-10 years ago (I might not like how they would desrcibe me now tbh!).

I'm just not massively shocked he has been in bother a few times in the last few years. It could have just as easily been me had I not sorted myself out

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by cocopops1875 View Post
    I missed that he had been done for Steroids too.

Not great and has previous for assault on Clum
    Going by other posts he has previous as a radgeworks - and his use of Anabolic Steroids will not have done anything to ameliorate this tendency. A known side effect of AS is increased irritability and aggression - another celebrated user was a certain Oscar Pistorius!

Innocent until proven guilty as pointed out by Dashing Bob - but either way this looks like another big warning against the dangers of Anabolic Steroids for anyone wanting to take the easy route to bulking up their muscles (plus they make your willy shrink as well!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not passing any comment on what he is like now. I'm sure I wouldn't like how people would have described me 7-10 years ago (I might not like how they would desrcibe me now tbh!).

I'm just not massively shocked he has been in bother a few times in the last few years. It could have just as easily been me had I not sorted myself out
    I know what you mean. When you think of some of the things you did in your late teens and early 20's it can bring you out in a cold sweat.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    Going by other posts he has previous as a radgeworks - and his use of Anabolic Steroids will not have done anything to ameliorate this tendency. A known side effect of AS is increased irritability and aggression - another celebrated user was a certain Oscar Pistorius!

Innocent until proven guilty as pointed out by Dashing Bob - but either way this looks like another big warning against the dangers of Anabolic Steroids for anyone wanting to take the easy route to bulking up their muscles (plus they make your willy shrink as well!)

FFS someone must be giving them to me without me knowing?

Sorry but dont believe everything you read in the papers or hear say regarding anabolic steroids.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post
    Sorry but dont believe everything you read in the papers or hear say regarding anabolic steroids.
    Ive got to ask. Is it the shrinking Willy thing?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: The Reaper
    I'm not going to make comment about the incident as I don't know those involved.

What rips my nit is the sensationalist journalism dragging Hibs name into it when in actual fact that's got nothing to do with anyone or anything as part of the incident itself.

There's at least a dozen incidents in the Lothians like this every month but very few make the papers. They only get away with it because Darren playing for Hibs is a factual statement but it's annoying none-the-less.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinc View Post
    What a clown you are
    Come on. It was banter.

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Went to high school with him back in the day. Lived directly opposite him too. Loose cannon, absolute nutter and hung out with the worse kind. Had a lot of ability on a football pitch (played striker for all our school teams) but was always in trouble for one thing or another and had a major lack of disrespect for basically anyone who didn’t agree with him.

Daft boy.
    Lack of disrespect ?!

That the same as those who shout at referees for lack of inconsistency?

Yours,

A pedantic pain in the erse....

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Come on. It was banter.
    Exactly

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?

Indeed. My thought exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    As always don’t believe everything u read in the papers. Much more to this than meet the eye and I can guarantee most u would would have done the same in his shoes.

I find it hard to imagine any situation where I (or most people) would end up with an attempted murder charge.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHibs View Post

Said this guy

Bull**** comment....

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    This.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbydog View Post
    Lack of disrespect ?!

That the same as those who shout at referees for lack of inconsistency?

Yours,

A pedantic pain in the erse....
    There’s always one 😂 Well played sir. ‘Lack of respect’* 👍

there's a difference between a loose canon and a loose cannon.

ok Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    I find it hard to imagine any situation where I (or most people) would end up with an attempted murder charge.
    My sister was married to an abusive bully. When I found out the extent of his behaviour I could quite easily have found myself in a similar, or worse, situation.

It's not like he was some level headed guy that lost the head for a moment.

He's had previous, he's been done with assault before,

Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    My sister was married to an abusive bully. When I found out the extent of his behaviour I could quite easily have found myself in a similar, or worse, situation.
    Yea, it's hard to say what you would do when faced with such intense emotion and someone has badly hurt someone you love a lot. If someone abused one of my family I would be absolutely hell bent on putting them 6ft under but folk just can't go around taking the law into their own hands. If folk just went around beating the **** out of others because they've done them wrong then it would be anarchy.

Don't know what the circumstances were leading up to this, i'm sure this wasn't just some random, unprovoked attack for no reason but nevertheless you can't condone violence, let alone violence so severe that it is actually being classed as a murder attempt.

I don't know Darren personally but the boy does seem to be a bit of a head case. However, nothing of this case has been proven yet so i'll reserve my judgements on it. It's a pretty serious charge to be up for so just because he appears to be a bit of a dickhead, theres a pretty big leap between that and an attempted murderer.

Left by mutual consent! IlDiavola's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CB_NO3 View Post
    Clearly a bit tongue and cheek for crying out loud. Can't believe folk are getting upset about that.
    No, ACTING ​upset.