hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely he can't just resign without any compo being due to Aberdeen? One things for certain if he does go his return to Pittodrie with Sevco will be fiery.
    He can resign, but can’t take over at Rangers

2. Log in to remove the advert

I am torn between The Rangers falling flat on its face and not getting McInnes versus weakening the sheep and a GIRUY to Richard Gordon and Willie Miller and the BBC Scotland love in for the dons. The oh so successful Dons who have won one trophy in almost 30 years and in penalties against ICT.

Regardless McInnes doesn’t win high profile games.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So what exactly has anyone done wrong here?

Rangers asked for permission for talks, exactly as they should do.

Aberdeen have refused, probably down to money, as is their want.

McInnes has repeatedly said he’s happy at Aberdeen and everything else up until today was speculation. Nothing wrong with any of that.

The media reported for weeks that he was Rangers top target all along. They were right.

Next step will be for Rangers and Aberdeen to agree a figure then it’s job done assuming McInnes wants to go.

I really can’t see why this is any different to any other time a club have wanted a manager who was in a job?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

McInnes has repeatedly said he’s happy at Aberdeen and everything else up until today was speculation. Nothing wrong with any of that.

The media reported for weeks that he was Rangers top target all along. They were right.

Next step will be for Rangers and Aberdeen to agree a figure then it’s job done assuming McInnes wants to go.

I really can’t see why this is any different to any other time a club have wanted a manager who was in a job?
    The fact rangers refused to move for 6 weeks until after the double header with Aberdeen, and fed the media a load of snippets to unsettle Aberdeen and now find themselves level on points and make their move now. If he was their top target why wait 6 weeks?

Left by mutual consent!

Are you certain you've not wandered into the wrong supporters forum?

Sounds like a hun talking the way you've glibly glossed over how the media incessantly talked of McInnes being a certainty for the job in the weeks leading up to two key games between the pair while the huns sat on their hands letting it reach fever pitch knowing it would be unsettling to Aberdeen prior to the crunch games. It worked a treat as Aberdeen played very poorly in them then the week after put in a formal approach to speak with McInnes. If you think that's all hunky dory crack on. I think its despicable gamesmanship by the huns.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He said 2 weeks ago he was staying at Aberdeen
    That might just have been a bit of a "gottle o' gear" job by Milne.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh70 View Post

Sounds like a hun talking the way you've glibly glossed over how the media incessantly talked of McInnes being a certainty for the job in the weeks leading up to two key games between the pair while the huns sat on their hands letting it reach fever pitch knowing it would be unsettling to Aberdeen prior to the crunch games. It worked a treat as Aberdeen played very poorly in them then the week after put in a formal approach to speak with McInnes. If you think that's all hunky dory crack on. I think its despicable gamesmanship by the huns.
    the Huns have basically stolen 6 points from the Dons and are now going to steal their manager.

Are you suggesting McInnes has been in the dark about all this. He’ll know exactly what’s been going on all along. He’s probably been calling the shots via his agent, re how much control he’ll have over signings, and how much he’ll have to spend
    Poor Aberdeen have ripped apart from this. If this was happening at Hibs, we’d all been going crazy on here

There’s no way back for McInnes at Aberdeen

Damn, I thought I was on Follow Follow. Busted.

@hibs.net private member
    He said 2 weeks ago he was staying at Aberdeen
    He is either a very good liar or a good actor. This last 3 weekd on North Tonight (Grampian TV) he has been adamant that he is staying at Aberdeen

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    the Huns have basically stolen 6 points from the Dons and are now going to steal their manager.
    No, not stolen - they were officially gifts from the officials.

@hibs.net private member
    Seems to me that the Huns have suddenly decided that they can spend a whole lot of money they don’t have once again. This as a result of passing “resolution 11”at their AGM. I suspect they plan to have a shares issue almost immediately and expect to raise a shed load of money. Not sure where they stand with this however, given the current court ruling awaited for the GASL.
    If they have called it right then maybe they can finally afford McInness. On the other hand...............could turn out to be a huge mistake by him

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Surely he can't just resign without any compo being due to Aberdeen? One things for certain if he does go his return to Pittodrie with Sevco will be fiery.
    He will resign, they will still have to pay compo is my understanding. I did post he wouldn't be huns manager this week and this is not unexpected. Sheep say no, look like they have done all they can to keep him Mcinnes will resign as he's agreed to become the manager and that's that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    I am torn between The Rangers falling flat on its face and not getting McInnes versus weakening the sheep and a GIRUY to Richard Gordon and Willie Miller and the BBC Scotland love in for the dons. The oh so successful Dons who have won one trophy in almost 30 years and in penalties against ICT.

Regardless McInnes doesn’t win high profile games.
    Willie Miller is a hun.

Left by mutual consent!
    He can resign, but can’t take over at Rangers
    He willl resign, take over at rangers and rangers will be due Aberdeen the remainder of his contract or clause and mcinnes will forfeit any signing (loyalty) on fee that the sheep would be due him.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    He willl resign, take over at rangers and rangers will be due Aberdeen the remainder of his contract or clause and mcinnes will forfeit any signing (loyalty) on fee that the sheep would be due him.
    Should have added, until his comp is agreed
    His 1st game could be at ER next week

Could Aberdeen not refuse his resignation and force him to see out his contract?

Although that probably doesn’t help them as it’s pretty unsettling for Aberdeen. If the manager wants to go to Rangers then where’s his commitment to Aberdeen.

Looks certain to move now, Aberdeen will just be trying to get as much as they can out of Rangers.

Are you suggesting McInnes has been in the dark about all this. He’ll know exactly what’s been going on all along. He’s probably been calling the shots via his agent, re how much control he’ll have over signings, and how much he’ll have to spend
    Poor Aberdeen have ripped apart from this. If this was happening at Hibs, we’d all been going crazy on here

There’s no way back for McInnes at Aberdeen
    I’d assume that McInnes knew what was going on, everyone in Scotland did!

I don’t buy the media angle one bit though. People seem to give them way too much credit when it comes to their influence in the game. I don’t believe for one second that McInnes knew nothing at all until he picked up the Record or listened to Sportsound. You said it yourself, his agent would be acting for him.

Are you influenced by the Record or the Sun? Do they change your view of issues in the world? I doubt it. I’m happy to extend a similar courtesy to McInnes, I’m sure he has a mind of his own.

As for Rangers biding their time, I’ve no idea why they did so, nobody does. In fairness, it’s totally up to them and no one else’s business anyway.

Was it a cunning plan to wait for 40 days and 40 nights before making their move in the hope that they would beat Aberdeen twice in a week? It’s a stretch of the imagination but I guess it’s possible.

Maybe they were trying to scrape some cash together, everyone’s been telling us their skint so it’s also a possibility.

Or maybe they were actually taking their time and trying to ensure they get the right man? Ok, that’s maybe stretching it too far!!

Just putting some different thoughts out there instead of us having an echo chamber of big bad Rangers and the evil media.

Swap Rangers for Motherwell, would anyone give a damn??

Rumour at the weekend up north was McInnes to Rangers, Strachan to Aberdeen. Not sure how the Aberdeen fans would take that?

Blog Entries
    It's being reported that Sheep want Sevco to pay £800k up front before they can speak to DM. Sevco are obviously unwilling,or more likely unable to do this, hence the Don's refusal to grant permission. They know the price of a penny in Aberdeen & I'm not sure this is over yet.

Hopefully a long drawn out saga that unsettled both clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post
    Did it? It gave them the edge in a Petrofac cup match but Allan moved to their bitter rivals and we signed 2 of the guys who played significant roles in beating the huns in the cup final as part of the deal.

Did Sevco's approach to Scott Allan really benefit them in the long run? I'd say they would have won the championship regardless so actually no it backfired on them given McGeouch and Henderson's contributions on 21st May that season.
    I think we ended up stronger but their plan worked a treat, they wanted us to lose SA and unsettled him until he left. The Petrofac cup result was spurious due to our lack of available players. They did divide the support though, sneaky underhand tactics and even if they weren’t 100% effective, SA left and they won the league so they got what they wanted.

Willie Miller is a hun.
    Don't be daft. My recollection is that Rangers wanted to sign him when he was a player and he knocked them back saying something like he hadn't been fighting them all his career only to end up joining them. Or maybe I dreamt that?

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It's being reported that Sheep want Sevco to pay £800k up front before they can speak to DM. Sevco are obviously unwilling,or more likely unable to do this, hence the Don's refusal to grant permission. They know the price of a penny in Aberdeen & I'm not sure this is over yet.
    That was mentioned on the bbc Sportsound earlier.. Apparently its Refunded if they Dont sign him.. hhmmm

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    I think we ended up stronger but their plan worked a treat, they wanted us to lose SA and unsettled him until he left. The Petrofac cup result was spurious due to our lack of available players. They did divide the support though, sneaky underhand tactics and even if they weren’t 100% effective, SA left and they won the league so they got what they wanted.
    I disagree. They wanted to sign him. They failed and we ended up stronger as a result. I agree they unsettled us but that wasn't their main and certainly not their sole intention.
    Last edited by Mr White; 05-12-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I heard that. Well done Dons if that is the case. I am not sure they have the means to find half of that figure up front at the moment. Like others have said another 2 weeks of unsettling and war of words will do for me and we hopefully take advantage against them on Wednesday and week Saturday.

If it was that easy to get out of a contract they would be worthless. He can't take over at Sevco without agreement from Aberdeen.

Its not that it's gamesmanship by the huns its the gamesmanship by the lap dog media including the BBC who are meant to report news not speculation from greys kill. Living in England you don't see anything like the bias the BBC in Scotland display to the uglies

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It seems clear he wants to go, when you read between the lines, and there's little point in trying to keep a manager who doesn't want to be there. Sleekit moves by Hunco once again; Aberdeen just need to ensure they get the best possible compensation.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875