hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.
    It's the downside to social media and forums, people believe topics which are hotly debated online are also a huge deal to people in the street. It was the same when the whole loyalty points thing kicked off, I barely remember a single conversation I had about it in the 'real world' yet if you believed on here and Twitter everyone in Edinburgh was talking about nothing else.

I've certainly heard the Rangers situation mentioned in the pub or whatever but it tends to be a fleeting mention of 'cheating *******s' and that's it. I certainly can't recall anyone going into as much depth and detail as I've read on here and elsewhere online.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
    Only being interested in your own team?

How about Rangers probably doing Hibs out of money by their cheating? Knocking us out of cups with players illegally registered? Taking our manager with promises of riches? Signing our players with increased sponsorship and prize money?

No? Let's just move on, it was all ok 😩

With fans meekly accepting Rangers and their tainted titles Scottish football will remain under the thumb of a clueless regime and the same thing will happen again.
    Do we think if Rangers were stripped of titles, we would see any financial recompense? Very unlikely.

Do we think that if Rangers hadn't been using the EBT scheme they wouldn't have been able to take McLeish, Thomson or Whittaker from us? Even less likely. Rangers would still have been comfortably the 2nd biggest club in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    The SFA will be loving this.
    Our club has done nothing wrong.
    The fans reps have done nothing wrong.
    The HSA have done nothing wrong.
    Rather than turning fire in on ourselves it should be directed at the guilty party, the SFA. Until fans of all clubs unite properly behind that and move on from merely whinging on the internet nothing will change.
    Spot on.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's the downside to social media and forums, people believe topics which are hotly debated online are also a huge deal to people in the street. It was the same when the whole loyalty points thing kicked off, I barely remember a single conversation I had about it in the 'real world' yet if you believed on here and Twitter everyone in Edinburgh was talking about nothing else.

I've certainly heard the Rangers situation mentioned in the pub or whatever but it tends to be a fleeting mention of 'cheating *******s' and that's it. I certainly can't recall anyone going into as much depth and detail as I've read on here and elsewhere online.
    Our group of four, who have twice now missed out on Tynie tickets through not being able to queue or hog computers while working, are pretty angry at the loyalty points fiasco. There's plenty like us I'm sure.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    The SFA are the original guilty party - the fans reps are the current guilty party along with the board, The reps come out of this as "yes men" to the board when they should be "yes men" to the majority view of the supporters. If we continue with fan reps then these two simply have to go.
    I disagree - reps should be "yes men" to nobody but should be there to reflect the views of fans within the main board.

The reps have previously said that the only reason a statement was produced by Hibs (how many other clubs have done one, very few) is that they fed back the feeling of some of the fans - which is their role.

However, they are also board members and as such will be party to decisions which cant be run by the entire support. So then their role is to do what they think is best with the information available to them - they cant run the club by referendum.

We asked for representation on the board - we got it

If you think they are unworthy of your vote, then get rid of them next time.

Perhaps one of the more vocal critics on here or the bounce that seem happy to give out stick but do nothing tangible about it can stand next time - if the support for this is so great then there should be no problem in voting them in?

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Our group of four, who have twice now missed out on Tynie tickets through not being able to queue or hog computers while working, are pretty angry at the loyalty points fiasco. There's plenty like us I'm sure.
    It annoys me to an extent as I was in the top bracket. If I ranted in the pub, at a game or wherever about that, or anything, the same way as happens online from time to time then I'd find myself pretty lonely pretty quickly though.

The point I am making is annoyances and other issues tend to be magnified when they are aired on an online platform as there is a delay in the ability to challenge them. I find the loyalty points system irritating, the Rangers scenario annoys me but it's not so all consuming that I discuss it in real life the way I do online.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    As said above, the clubs are the governing body. And our chairman is one of its key henchmen.
    Absolutely. We have one of our own in the upper echelons at the SFA, with all of the supposed benefits that brings us. At a time when the recent poll shows the vast majority have no faith in those running the game or their governance. This whole sorry affair does nothing to change that perception IMO.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/41904600

“Both organisations also rated poorly for levels of "openness, honesty and trust" and "good governance and transparency". That sums up my feelings on all of this, of which Hibs appear to be as complicit as everyone else. Lots of good work done by Hibs recently, but a definite sour taste left on this front.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It annoys me to an extent as I was in the top bracket. If I ranted in the pub, at a game or wherever about that, or anything, the same way as happens online from time to time then I'd find myself pretty lonely pretty quickly though.

The point I am making is annoyances and other issues tend to be magnified when they are aired on an online platform as there is a delay in the ability to challenge them. I find the loyalty points system irritating, the Rangers scenario annoys me but it'snot all consuming that I discuss it in real life the way I do online.
    It's the vocal minorities that make themselves heard loudest and they tend to have strong feelings either way. For the rest it's a case of it doesn't affect me so why should I bother.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hibs club holds a couple of hundred, we have 13000 STs - although I appreciate all would not want to attend, it couldn't possibly be a free for all.
    Folk like me who wanted to come Could of put name on a list and it could of been closed at point capacity was reached and you show your season ticket to get in and get ticked off Alphabetical list
    It still may not have attracted a full house , but if it didn't no one could of moaned they weren't at least given an opportunity to attend
    If there was more demand switch venue to Easter Rd
    I am afraid its clear this was a P R exercise so they could say dine it now lets move on
    But it just leaves folk like me more frustrated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone actually give us an account of what happened last night? Until then we're just going round in the same circles.

So does anyone actually have any minutes of the meeting to share? I was very disappointed with the statement Hibs released and I'd like to know more about the stance they took and why.
    Thanks in advance.

First Team Breakthrough invisible man's Avatar
    The club didn't limit this to members only. That was a decision taken by the HSA for reasons of their own. Even so the attendance is still disappointing given the efforts made to make this meeting happen.
    The Hibs board asked that the HSA make it a members only event.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Folk like me who wanted to come Could of put name on a list and it could of been closed at point capacity was reached and you show your season ticket to get in and get ticked off Alphabetical list
    It still may not have attracted a full house , but if it didn't no one could of moaned they weren't at least given an opportunity to attend
    If there was more demand switch venue to Easter Rd
    I am afraid its clear this was a P R exercise so they could say dine it now lets move on
    But it just leaves folk like me more frustrated

Yeah I'd have gone down the route of taking ST holder names at random from the database and sent invites. If there wasn't enough responses I'd have just randomised it again until there was a decent number of confirmed attendees.
    Not every Hibs supporter is a member of supporter clubs.

Gamer IDs

This is from a FB page called inside Easter Road -

***Feedback On Hibernian FC's Response To SFA Rejection Of An Independent Review Meeting Tonight At HSA.***

Board member's in attendance at top table:
    Rod Petrie Chairman
    Leeann Dempster CEO
    Stephen Dunn Director
    Frank Dougan Fans Representative Director
    Tracey Smith Fans Representative Director

Lurking in the background nodding as they spoke PR guy:
    David Forsyth

Meeting lasted exactly an hour. Around 80 folk in attendance. Meeting was conducted respectfully and friendly. As many pointed out we are one big Hibernian family and at times we will agree to disagree.

I didn't take any notes but random points to note were as follows:

The club are obviously frustrated by all of it and want to move on looking forward, with a firm belief that the past has been dealt with, but Leeann and Rod understand and respect the ongoing disappointment within sections of the support.

Leeann and Rod spoke very well, going in depth and in detail, about how the game of football and it's respective authorities here in Scotland did all that it could to punish Rangers and ensure the new Co picked up the baton of old Co financial liabilities.

The club put out its statement because of the pressure applied to the club to do so by us fans. At two or three board meetings the fans representation of Frank & Tracey pushed for that.

Tracey said that she heard lots of different opinions with many wanting to 'move on'. Frank then said that he's spoken to many many fans and that the majority he has spoken to wanted to 'move on'.

An excellent question from the floor was put to the fans representation that if as Tracey Smith posted on Hibeesbounce.com that in board meetings she had learned "Information that was not widely known" and that was information she couldn't share then perhaps she should have not participated in the board meeting and adopted a position of neutrality. Tracey stated that even as a non executive director she is legally obligated to act in what she perceives as the greater good of the club.

Rod at this point put up a bit of a defence of the fans representatives and their obligations etc as non executive directors. When deciding on introducing fans representation on the board the clubs board had a decision to make. Should these fans representation directors only be privy to some meetings and votes or should they be full directors like the rest of the board? The club decided that they should be full directors like the rest.

To be honest I didn't learn much tonight. I thought Leeann came across well. Our club is pushing for consensus in the Scottish game to get financial fair play in Scotland. I also thought Rod came across well. Nobody really asked him any difficult questions. Perhaps the night might have been more challenging for him had the recently launched online petition questions been asked....

Stephen Dunn didn't speak a word. Tracey spoke OK and I got the impression it concluded much to her relief on what mustn't have been an evening she looked forward with much relish. Credit though to her for not shying from the microphone. Frank saying most he's spoken to want to 'move on' surprised me. He said he was sorry if that isn't what we want to hear but that's the way it is. He bemoaned the fact that only 9 turned up for a fans director open surgery. I find it unbelievable really that this guy, however much a huge Hibby, was elected a fans representative on the board in the world of 2017 of digital communications.

Now home I'm just pondering and a little confused, that if the club only put out its statement because us fans demanded it, through our elected fans representation on the board, then that's a weird and baffling demand when we all just wanted to 'move on'....

#GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Leeann and Rod spoke very well, going in depth and in detail.....
    Hopefully someone can fill us in on that bit, although being an HSA event I suspect it'll go through the branches before anything is said.

In the meantime the rest of us get hearsay and gossip and we just continue to go

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think some make the mistake that this is still about rangers! This is about the SFA/SPFL and the complicit nature in which they allowed rangers to cheat. Alex Thomson put it perfectly, all the teams in Scotland need to walk away from the SFA and start again. For me, I haven't returned to Easter road even for the great things that have been done, it has been ruined by our board hiding behind falsity spurred on by being complicit in fraud. And to add, I have a rather large group of friends who like me, have been hibees for over 40+ years and are totally disgusted by the statement provided by the board. The common pub comment is "nobody ever asked me my view about it"
    Last edited by MrSmith; 17-11-2017 at 09:03 AM.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

***Feedback On Hibernian FC's Response To SFA Rejection Of An Independent Review Meeting Tonight At HSA.***

Rod Petrie Chairman
    Leeann Dempster CEO
    Stephen Dunn Director

David Forsyth

Meeting lasted exactly an hour. Around 80 folk in attendance. Meeting was conducted respectfully and friendly. As many pointed out we are one big Hibernian family and at times we will agree to disagree.

The club are obviously frustrated by all of it and want to move on looking forward, with a firm belief that the past has been dealt with, but Leeann and Rod understand and respect the ongoing disappointment within sections of the support.

Leeann and Rod spoke very well, going in depth and in detail, about how the game of football and it's respective authorities here in Scotland did all that it could to punish Rangers and ensure the new Co picked up the baton of old Co financial liabilities.

The club put out its statement because of the pressure applied to the club to do so by us fans. At two or three board meetings the fans representation of Frank & Tracey pushed for that.

Tracey said that she heard lots of different opinions with many wanting to 'move on'. Frank then said that he's spoken to many many fans and that the majority he has spoken to wanted to 'move on'.

An excellent question from the floor was put to the fans representation that if as Tracey Smith posted on Hibeesbounce.com that in board meetings she had learned "Information that was not widely known" and that was information she couldn't share then perhaps she should have not participated in the board meeting and adopted a position of neutrality. Tracey stated that even as a non executive director she is legally obligated to act in what she perceives as the greater good of the club.

Rod at this point put up a bit of a defence of the fans representatives and their obligations etc as non executive directors. When deciding on introducing fans representation on the board the clubs board had a decision to make. Should these fans representation directors only be privy to some meetings and votes or should they be full directors like the rest of the board? The club decided that they should be full directors like the rest.

To be honest I didn't learn much tonight. I thought Leeann came across well. Our club is pushing for consensus in the Scottish game to get financial fair play in Scotland. I also thought Rod came across well. Nobody really asked him any difficult questions. Perhaps the night might have been more challenging for him had the recently launched online petition questions been asked....

Stephen Dunn didn't speak a word. Tracey spoke OK and I got the impression it concluded much to her relief on what mustn't have been an evening she looked forward with much relish. Credit though to her for not shying from the microphone. Frank saying most he's spoken to want to 'move on' surprised me. He said he was sorry if that isn't what we want to hear but that's the way it is. He bemoaned the fact that only 9 turned up for a fans director open surgery. I find it unbelievable really that this guy, however much a huge Hibby, was elected a fans representative on the board in the world of 2017 of digital communications.

Now home I'm just pondering and a little confused, that if the club only put out its statement because us fans demanded it, through our elected fans representation on the board, then that's a weird and baffling demand when we all just wanted to 'move on'....

#GGTTH

I have to say the Supporters representatives have really let the club down on this. To do so little to canvas opinion and then claim to understand the fans feelings on this is amateur and embarrasing. If they felt they were unsure of opinion, why not canvas opinion on here? Dead easy to do a poll. It's comfortably the biggest communications hub for supporters and has been pretty much since it opened.

It doesn't take much reading on this on the forum, to work out that the majority of fans are not happy with this stance.

I'll certainly not be voting for them next time round.

Rod Petrie Chairman
    Leeann Dempster CEO
    Stephen Dunn Director

David Forsyth

#GGTTH

Thanks for this. Shame we're none the wiser, though.

The SFA will be loving this.
    Our club has done nothing wrong.
    The fans reps have done nothing wrong.
    The HSA have done nothing wrong.
    Rather than turning fire in on ourselves it should be directed at the guilty party, the SFA. Until fans of all clubs unite properly behind that and move on from merely whinging on the internet nothing will change.
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I have to say the Supporters representatives have really let the club down on this. To do so little to canvas opinion and then claim to understand the fans feelings on this is amateur and embarrasing. If they felt they were unsure of opinion, why not canvas opinion on here? Dead easy to do a poll. It's comfortably the biggest communications hub for supporters and has been pretty much since it opened.

It doesn't take much reading on this on the forum, to work out that the majority of fans are not happy with this stance.

I'll certainly not be voting for them next time round.
    Maybe the Club should have canvassed every ST holder, but apart from that, they got their thinking and rational, behind their decision spot on IMO, there was much more to it than people assume
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Huge mistake to get rid of the loyalty points system and I like you and your friends have suffered because of it. We should campaign to get it back.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Conversely I've not met a single Hibs fan who doesn't want to move on. They tend to be like me , only interested in the fortunes and welfare of their own team.
    100%

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Huge mistake to get rid of the loyalty points system and I like you and your friends have suffered because of it. We should campaign to get it back.
    Count me in. It was scandalous scrapping the loyalty points system

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Count me in. It was scandalous scrapping the loyalty points system
    They still show on eticketing, so would net be a stretch to reinstate.

Do you remember what it was like though? Even if I thought it was good (and I had a big chunk of points) there will always be people who disliked it.

Kinda like the "hibs statement" issue really 😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    I disagree - reps should be "yes men" to nobody but should be there to reflect the views of fans within the main board.

The reps have previously said that the only reason a statement was produced by Hibs (how many other clubs have done one, very few) is that they fed back the feeling of some of the fans - which is their role.

However, they are also board members and as such will be party to decisions which cant be run by the entire support. So then their role is to do what they think is best with the information available to them - they cant run the club by referendum.

We asked for representation on the board - we got it

If you think they are unworthy of your vote, then get rid of them next time.

Perhaps one of the more vocal critics on here or the bounce that seem happy to give out stick but do nothing tangible about it can stand next time - if the support for this is so great then there should be no problem in voting them in?
    My opinion
    They are our reps first and foremost and their only role is to represent the supporters views/feelings to the board and on a divided topic then the majority should win the day and the reps have to put that forward and should also vote that way when required. They are not there to go against the wishes of the majority of supporters regardless of whatever "secret information"they may be privy to. This correct action would not have changed the outcome of the vote but the vote would not then have been unanimous. They are not elected members of Parliament who get manipulated by their party machine, they have one mandate only which is to represent the views of the supporters and as I said earlier if there is dissension among the support on any subject matter then a vote/poll must take place and the majority would prevail.
    If, as you think, they are morally/legally bound to support the board if they personally feel it is for the good of the club then they simply become traditional board members and could then no longer be described as representing the supporters. There will be much more posted on this topic come election time!

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    My opinion
    They are our reps first and foremost and their only role is to represent the supporters views/feelings to the board and on a divided topic then the majority should win the day and the reps have to put that forward and should also vote that way when required....
    I don't disagree, but could they possibly know what the majority of fans think?

Do you remember what it was like though? Even if I thought it was good (and I had a big chunk of points) there will always be people who disliked it.

As summed up on this thread in general, most folks seem to not be happy unless they have something to whinge about

You would think the club was in a bloody mess with an awful team playing eye bleeding football with a disastrous stadium redevelopment on their hands the way some folks moan....

I think the word supporter needs to be banished and something more accurate used...

Gamer IDs

From their latest update -

Independent Review Statement

Some supporters were keen for the Club to make a statement following the ruling on the Rangers EBT Tax Case, so we raised this at the board meeting on 31st July.

A very full discussion took place. We did our best to reflect the views of supporters we had spoken to, and to reflect the views that we had seen on forums and elsewhere. It was clear that some supporters felt strongly about the issue. It was also clear that there were – and are – varying opinions about what any review might look at and what might be achieved.

In the end, the Board decided that it did not back the SPFL’s call for an independent review, to include the SFA. The Rangers EBT disciplinary process was led by the then SPL, which set up the Lord Nimmo Smith inquiry, with the SFA acting as the “court of appeal.” This was a unanimous view, and did not need a vote.

As supporter representatives, we can say that this was not an easy decision, knowing that some of our supporters held very strong views on this issue. As well as being Fans representatives we are also Non-Executive Directors for the club, and we have a legal responsibility to ensure that we act within the club’s best interests.

The Board believes a review would be unable to achieve anything of real value, as legal advice for both the SPFL and SFA has detailed, and would only divert energy and resources at a time when the Board is determined to continue to build a brighter future for your club and for the sport in general.

It’s not possible for us to consult with every supporter, but we understand supporters’ frustration. We will look at how we can consult better and more widely on major issues in future.

We would like to thank those supporters who have been in touch following the release of the statement and who have engaged in constructive communication. Some of you still feel exactly the same, and others appreciate the decision process and how we came to that decision.

We were both at the Hibs Club on Thursday night along with Leeann, Rod and Stephen Dunn from the Board to meet with supporters club members, and hopefully this may have helped answer some questions.

We won't lie. This has been an extremely difficult few weeks. Our communication has fallen below the standard you deserve and we will try to improve on that. We took on these roles to do our best to help the supporters and the Club, and we aren’t here just for the good times.

Many thanks,

Tracey and Frank

@hibs.net private member

I think the people who disliked it in the main were those who didn't have enough points to be guaranteed a ticket for Tynecastle Ibrox or Parkhead. Everybody I speak to say they didn't want it scrapped but then most of them had full points as they go to all the away games. There must be some who were opposed to it to have successfully lobbied Leanne Dempster into making the insane decision to scrap the scheme

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangermouse View Post
    Go along to surgery tomorrow and raise. The more who raise it, the more impact it will have