hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have a Hibs Season ticket but it is like a credit card and I don't know how I can gift tickets for individual matches. I could email you tickets for Galaxy, Lakers, Kings and Clippers, but Hibs not it seems.

Maybe someone on here can figure out how I can give you my seat. There might be a way I can use my season ticket account to buy a ticket. Again, I don't know how it works.

I live in LA but just had to have a Hibs season ticket. Let me know if your other offer falls through.

Lastly, First to Five Baby!
    GreenLake......if you’re ever feeling generous about emailing a Hibee a Kings ticket I will gladly take it off your hands my friend 😉

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Good to see people taking an interest and all, can't help but feel extremely salty that a tourist has managed to secure a derby ticket and here I am willing to sell myself to get one
    I have 3 kids tickets, our friend from the states has dibs on 2 but I'm heading to the office today. Would you like me to upgrade the 3rd one for you? You can have the ticket for the price of an upgrade.
    I'd have been releasing it back to the club otherwise.
    I'll be heading in soon so if you're wanting it send me a pm with your details and I'll see how we can get it to you.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Correct.

Thanks for the info. I love seeing foreign football stadiums so think I'll try and take in a game when I'm there.

Cheers
    It’s definitely worth going to an Orlando game. Totally different occasion to a British football match. A nice wee stadium and a lot of things they do you’ve got to look at and say that British football could learn from them although the weather certainly helps with the BBQs, food trucks, outdoor 5 a side pitches, tents for kids to play FIFA etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think he's already spoken for.

BlackpoolHibs called dibs first...
    Then I would challenge the brute to a duel to win that one ........

Quote Originally Posted by sadtom View Post
    Mitch maybe a good idea for you and your other half to swot up on the lyrics so you can join in once we hand out another sound beating to our unfortunate mutant neighbours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbIvtEeJZK4
    Yes I will try to brush up on these & other chants! Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    Mitch,

Northern California Hibee here. Glad to read you’re sorted for tickets, you’re in for quite the night and an experience that is completely different to what you’re used too. Having attended many MLS games (San Jose Earthquakes) the atmosphere, mindset, and I have to say standard, are a step above from here in the States.

I’m sure you’ll know most of the ins and outs differences (separate stands for sitting, roads blocked off after the match to stop fans clashing, the passion and importance of derbies in the UK as a whole etc).

I’m really curious of your experience bud (especially if/when we win, ooaft!). Give us a nice report on here of what your thoughts were. Hope you have a great trip. If you’re ever up here in the North (Sacramento) give me a PM and we can maybe get together for a pint and a match. Good choice with the Timbers btw, spot on colors!

If you haven't been up to a Timbers home game, you're in for quite the night and an experience that is completely different to what you’re used to in San Jose :) While we sadly don't have an official standing section with the seats removed, the Timbers Army takes up roughly 1/4 of the stadium and is de-facto standing only, unless you're at the very very top. It's nice to be able to sit for a minute when you first arrive, but my shins show evidence of banging against the seats during many Tetris dances.

I will report back, with photos even! Thank you for the well wishes

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    GreenLake......if you’re ever feeling generous about emailing a Hibee a Kings ticket I will gladly take it off your hands my friend ��
    Lol, I guess you mean the Sacramento Kings and not the LA Kings.

However, if you can get down here tomorrow I have two tickets for the Clippers vs the Sacramento Kings 7.30pm at Staples. I can give you the regular season game vs Clippers on 12/26/17 too. Unfortunately I already promised the Lakers vs Kings tickets to a barman who is a big Sacramento fan.

My tickets have Lexus Passes and one parking pass for Lot C

Wow, I'm getting really excited after watching Hibs chants all day . It's almost as if something extremely traumatic happened to me last night. As I learned earlier in this thread I am not permitted to exchange my hard-earned money for a modest drink inside the stadium. Where would be a good idea to grab a drink or three beforehand? In spite of my scotch tour, I'm more of a beer guy, as is the Mrs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by deepteeth View Post
    Wow, I'm getting really excited after watching Hibs chants all day . It's almost as if something extremely traumatic happened to me last night. As I learned earlier in this thread I am not permitted to exchange my hard-earned money for a modest drink inside the stadium. Where would be a good idea to grab a drink or three beforehand? In spite of my scotch tour, I'm more of a beer guy, as is the Mrs.
    Deepteeth go and just say, one time "**** the Hearts"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I have 3 kids tickets, our friend from the states has dibs on 2 but I'm heading to the office today. Would you like me to upgrade the 3rd one for you? You can have the ticket for the price of an upgrade.
    I'll be heading in soon so if you're wanting it send me a pm with your details and I'll see how we can get it to you.
    Another great gesture Jonny, enjoy the holiday.

YES!

"Anything to declare?"

"Yes, this chainsaw. I plan on bringing it to a well-attended soccer match!"

"..."
    Then stay until we play Kilmarnock and you can throw it at Kris Boyd?!

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    Lol, I guess you mean the Sacramento Kings and not the LA Kings.

However, if you can get down here tomorrow I have two tickets for the Clippers vs the Sacramento Kings 7.30pm at Staples. I can give you the regular season game vs Clippers on 12/26/17 too. Unfortunately I already promised the Lakers vs Kings tickets to a barman who is a big Sacramento fan.

My tickets have Lexus Passes and one parking pass for Lot C
    Ah, yes I was meaning the Sacramento Kings haha. Would love to take you up on the game on 12/26 but the chances are very slim. Thanks though, appreciate the offer! 👍

Plenty of bars and pubs down Easter Road in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. Be warned that they will be PACKED but it's a worthwhile experience all the same. Pubs nearer to town around the Omni centre and the like may refuse admission to you if they have reason to believe you're going to the football (don't be alarmed, just part & parcel when committing the crime of being a football fan in the UK!) but you may get away with it if you just say you're an American tourist although naturally it won't be the same experience as the proper football pubs.

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Plenty of bars and pubs down Easter Road in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. Be warned that they will be PACKED but it's a worthwhile experience all the same. Pubs nearer to town around the Omni centre and the like may refuse admission to you if they have reason to believe you're going to the football (don't be alarmed, just part & parcel when committing the crime of being a football fan in the UK!) but you may get away with it if you just say you're an American tourist although naturally it won't be the same experience as the proper football pubs.
    Harp and Castle on Leith Walk always a good option!

Think the Omni thing is more to do with a history of organised violence both inside and outside the centre to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    If you're after quirky beer the brass monkey on leith walk is my usual spot!

Quote Originally Posted by LancashireHibby View Post
    Plenty of bars and pubs down Easter Road in the immediate vicinity of the stadium. Be warned that they will be PACKED but it's a worthwhile experience all the same.
    Thank you. I like packed. We'll have plenty of time on other evenings to check out the bars in the old town as that's where we're staying.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Harp and Castle on Leith Walk always a good option!
    Added to my list!

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    If you're after quirky beer the brass monkey on leith walk is my usual spot!
    Thank you, added to my list.

Quote Originally Posted by jonny View Post
    I am sorted now but thanks for your offer anyway

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    I am sorted now but thanks for your offer anyway
    No probs mate. Always happy to help out a good Hibby where possible. Enjoy the game, I'll be sitting on a plane for the duration - have it on record though so I'll tell the taxi driver not to mention the football on the route home!

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Well deepteeth, how did you enjoy that?

Yep, hope you enjoyed it as much as we did. 👍💚💚

Did this lad end up definitely getting a ticket.. it would be nice to hear what he thought of the derby experience.

Quote Originally Posted by murray26 View Post
    Did this lad end up definitely getting a ticket.. it would be nice to hear what he thought of the derby experience.
    Yeah, he got tickets. Unfortunately his Mrs was unwell so he went himself. He was next to my old man (as per my ST). Said at the time he was very impressed. No doubt Mitch will be on soon with a wee summary of how he got on.

Come on deepteeth! We want a full review on how this was the greatest experience you’ve ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    Come on deepteeth! We want a full review on how this was the greatest experience you’ve ever had!
    I am sure he was impressed although it takes 2 teams to play Football, to make it a match.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Anyone else think he was a yam imposter?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Mmmmmm. Certainly a bit odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Nah, he had a girlfriend.

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Nah, he had a girlfriend.
    How do you know it wasn’t his sister?

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post
    How do you know it wasn’t his sister?
    Only on Hibs.net 🤡

Quote Originally Posted by Callum7 View Post