hibs.net Messageboard

Page 142 of 430 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 12885
    @hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Here's what's really happening.

They're working feverishly at Tynecastle but keeping it all secret ready for a tremendous reveal on 5/11

They'de finished the steel work - all along the front and the section on the LHS of the pics which had to be left til last to allow heavy plant in (rumoured to be a palm tree).

The crane couldn't be used for the last of the decking but two men and a wheelbarrow have acheived wonders and it is now finished, complete with required "Mind the Gap" notices.

They're currently most of the way through glueing the seats in place (the decking didn't come with seat fixings unfortuneately).

They're not going to have steps - instead they wil be offerring fans fitness classes to allow them to take the big giant steps needed to go up.

The police control box is to be left in place but a 50" TV screen will be installed behind it showing Eurosport !.

All this is not ideal, the club admits, but it will be the premier Edinburgh sports stadium for the foreseeable future after all.

2. Log in to remove the advert

From kickback

"I can't see what is so behind time that it won't be able to open as planned (despite not being finished)"

Just priceless.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Some of them are saying that we'll keech our pants just at the sight of the place once it's finished. They forget that we're used to completed stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From kickback

"I can't see what is so behind time that it won't be able to open as planned (despite not being finished)"

Just priceless.
    I agree with him. Hearts are just being unnecessarily fussy. Get it open now.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Some of them are saying that we'll keech our pants just at the sight of the place once it's finished. They forget that we're used to completed stadiums.
    More likely to be p***ing ourselves at the sight of the place as we look at it on our way to Murrayfield in December

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Typical Hobo over-confidence.

Ive got my supply of Tena pads pre-ordered. I'm not sure my constitution is strong enough to deal with a glass curtain on the scale they've promised.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Noticed they can't use Murrayfield for 3 weekends in a row in November due to the autumn internationals.

I think our Gorgie chums will be forced to either play even more away games (surely even the SPFL won't allow that) or play in front of 3 stands. And if they do the later can they then switch back to murrayfield in December?!

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post

They're working feverishly at Tynecastle but keeping it all secret ready for a tremendous reveal on 5/11

They'de finished the steel work - all along the front and the section on the LHS of the pics which had to be left til last to allow heavy plant in (rumoured to be a palm tree).

The crane couldn't be used for the last of the decking but two men and a wheelbarrow have acheived wonders and it is now finished, complete with required "Mind the Gap" notices.

They're currently most of the way through glueing the seats in place (the decking didn't come with seat fixings unfortuneately).

They're not going to have steps - instead they wil be offerring fans fitness classes to allow them to take the big giant steps needed to go up.

The police control box is to be left in place but a 50" TV screen will be installed behind it showing Eurosport !.

All this is not ideal, the club admits, but it will be the premier Edinburgh sports stadium for the foreseeable future after all.
    Very funny! A palm tree 😂😂

Another classic....

"Personally I think it hinges on the delivery date for the seats . As soon as they're on site I will be comfortable that we will be good to go"

The seats are meant to arrive this Thursday - squeaky bum time if they don't

Can Hibs refuse to play New Year game at Murrayfield? Do they have to offer us the chance to reverse the fixture? They are itching to play us at Murrayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Another classic....

"Personally I think it hinges on the delivery date for the seats . As soon as they're on site I will be comfortable that we will be good to go"

Yeah deliver of the seats along with the electrics, toilet facilities o and the fire abd safety certificates.

Not much really.

They really need to face fact that Budge has lied to them that it would be ready in schedule bar the seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Can Hibs refuse to play New Year game at Murrayfield? Do they have to offer us the chance to reverse the fixture? They are itching to play us at Murrayfield.
    As am I. We'll bring as many fans as them and it'll wipe out home advantage entirely.

Couldn't care less about them making a bit more cash off the back of it - beating them is more important.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    From kickback

Just priceless.
    The only thing that's stopping them completing it is that they haven't finished it.

Engineering equivalent of yamenomics.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    The only thing that's stopping them completing it is that they haven't finished it.

Engineering equivalent of yamenomics.
    Having not completed it on time takes away any fear of not being able to complete it on time.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Not having completed it on time takes away any fear of not being able to complete it on time.
    Agree. I think having Terry Butcher as a consultant at the implementation phase has made all the difference.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    As am I. We'll bring as many fans as them and it'll wipe out home advantage entirely.

Couldn't care less about them making a bit more cash off the back of it - beating them is more important.
    I would love to see us play in a full house at Murrayfield, it would be an awesome experience and everyone would have a decent chance to getting a ticket.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    Typical Hobo over-confidence.

Ive got my supply of Tena pads pre-ordered. I'm not sure my constitution is strong enough to deal with a glass curtain on the scale they've promised.

Sensible precautions.

It is the wee stadium after all - it may cause unintended pished pants by all who see it.

I hope Hibs are watching this closely.

They can't surely go back to Tynecastle in November and then back to Murrayfield in December and January (when SRU don't need it).

Any more front loaded away games will result in them being at home for most for the last 4 months of the season every Saturday. I assume for our home games we get Saturday preference and they get Sunday.

They are at it. They will always be cheats.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Another classic....

Squeaky bum time if they do because of the inferior quality plastic used.

Left by mutual consent!

Spot-on - keep the run up against them and any extra money they make will be wiped out by the plummet in their attendances for the remainder of the season !
    Last edited by Deansy; 26-09-2017 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post

How much do you want to bet that Police Scotland get some blame for putting their box in the wrong place and delaying the opening of the stand?

Queen Ann will be lobbying Barry Anderson from evening news to start drip feeding the bad news to come but with a clear blame on someone else:-

Weather
    Police Scotland
    Players fitness under Cathro
    Brexit
    "Plans too innovative for traditional construction methods"
    SRU
    Hibs
    North Korea
    Donald Trump
    Katy Hopkins

Queen Ann will be lobbying Barry Anderson from evening news to start drip feeding the bad news to come but with a clear blame on someone else:-

Weather
    Police Scotland
    Players fitness under Cathro
    Brexit
    "Plans too innovative for traditional construction methods"
    SRU
    Hibs
    North Korea
    Donald Trump
    Katy Hopkins
    Hasn't all the rain affected the potato harvest?

They can't open the stand without chips, not after their worldwide media splurge about discovering them and unleashing them on an expectant public when the Gorgie giants giant stand finally opens.

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Hasn't all the rain affected the potato harvest?

They can't open the stand without chips, not after their worldwide media splurge about discovering them and unleashing them on an expectant public when the Gorgie giants giant stand finally opens.

The opening game promotion for the Yam Hoardes:

"One free chip with each 3 bags of chips purchased to put on your other shoulder..."

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    The opening game promotion for the Yam Hoardes:

"One free chip with each 3 bags of chips purchased to put on your other shoulder..."

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough Harpandcastle's Avatar

I'd agree to play there if the proceeds of tickets sold to Hibs fans above the usual away allocation at Tynecastle goes to Hibernian.

And bigger stadiums

I think the delay is all part of a fendishly clever master plan to eventually open the new Stand on the 5th of January, just so they can refer to it as the 5/1 Stand.

Honestly, would anybody be surprised?

Testimonial Due RoslinInstHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I think the delay is all part of a fendishly clever master plan to eventually open the new Stand on the 5th of January, just so they can refer to it as the 5/1 Stand.

dinnae be putting ideas in their heads....

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

Quite appropriate given that they also spent millions and millions of other peoples money achieving 5-1 only for it to be not quite as good as what Hibs acheived by doing it in the right way.

let them have thier 5-1, it's simply a reminder that money can't buy you class.