hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    16k Hearts fans at Murrayfield when they were basically giving away tickets. Big team.
    They embarrass themselves. Maybe the quality of chips on offer was poor.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Because they've sold more STs than their 3 operational stands hold.
    That is a problem of their own making. They could simply have capped the number of season tickets based on the capacity of the remaining three stands.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    16k Hearts fans at Murrayfield when they were basically giving away tickets. Big team.
    They're going to have to use hampden for their next home game, then Wembley after that if they don't bump their average tynecastle last season "sell out" numbers up as all the big teamers we keep hearing about ain't turning up and it can only be the stadium they don't like.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Hibs are a beautiful club. End of story.
    Thread ended with that really!

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    Aye, and I'm going to ride Beyonce by the 20th September, everything will be done and dusted by that date with the possible exception of the involvement of Beyonce.
    Aye cause I'm booked in with her on the 20th. Though tbf 30 seconds isn't going to take a lot out of her day!

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Hearts are a big team like the Bay City Rollers are a research institute.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Will be interesting to see their Murrayfield crowds when St J and The Rangers come calling.

Depending on Hearts performances under Levein they might maintain their level of support but St J won't bring many. I am sure they are relying on the 'cousins of Orange' turning up in their numbers but wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers supporters organisations suggest a boycott especially if pressure is ramped up for an inquiry into the SFA , governance and the EBT fiasco.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Will be interesting to see their Murrayfield crowds when St J and The Rangers come calling.

Depending on Hearts performances under Levein they might maintain their level of support but St J won't bring many. I am sure they are relying on the 'cousins of Orange' turning up in their numbers but wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers supporters organisations suggest a boycott especially if pressure is ramped up for an inquiry into the SFA , governance and the EBT fiasco.
    I can see Rangers easily taking 10k. They're all mouth and won't boycott.

On that, Hearts point to their big 20-25 thousand plus attendances during the eighties as part of the "big team" myth but the truth is that they used to give over nearly half their ground whenever the old firm came calling. That Gorgie road end was a monster that easily took ten thousand and there were OF fans in a large part of their main stand. Ourselves and Aberdeen took good numbers back then too.

Fur coat and no knickers.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Aprox £200k in additional ticket sales from today.
    Nothing like that. If it had been at the old or new Tynie, there would have been 17,000 or 20,000 at the new
    So 7,000 extra at £23 less vat = £134,000, but it seemingly cost them £100,000 to rent it

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post

I expected a larger crowd yesterday.

Saints game - take off 6,000 from yesterday.

Huns - may put some Yams off attending plus it seems away attendance is capped at 6,800/7,000. Will be a different atmosphere outside the stadium compared to yesterday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    He would no doubt have said the same about Hibs ..... the guy sounds like an egotistical tosser, there's plenty of better managers than him who have dropped down to clubs that might have been seen as 'below their level' in order to get back into the game.

If it was below his level why did he apply in the first place ......... looks like a sackful of sour grapes to me.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    He would no doubt have said the same about Hibs ..... the guy sounds like an egotistical tosser, there's plenty of better managers than him who have dropped down to clubs that might have been seen as 'below their level' in order to get back into the game.

If it was below his level why did he apply in the first place ......... looks like a sackful of sour grapes to me.

I wonder how he feels about being interviewed and rejected by the person who got the job ?

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    While is funny to laugh at the Yams about it he comes across as a complete and utter tosser in that article.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    While is funny to laugh at the Yams about it he comes across as a complete and utter tosser in that article.

Managing Hearts was beneath him, yet he still applied for the job?

Aye, right!