hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    We have fans have all felt at some time or another, that the authorities have bent over backwards for both bigots in the past, and they have favoured them, dare I say it cheated on their behalf.

Now it's as clear as the nose on your face, that they don't even bother to hide it now, and OUR club don't have the bollox to stand up to them when THIS was the time to do so.

Gutless.

Hell mend you Petrie.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibby Kay-Yay's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: ps3 - hibby kay-yay
    I'd rather they said we would love to spend the time and energy into getting our integrity back but we feel that we must move forward with our club. Something that actually reflects or acknowledges the completely bipolar view that its supporters have.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    condemn all forms of cheating and corruption in scottish football.
    support the need for sporting integrity and the call for an independendant review as a member of the SPFL.
    Acknowledge that we realise its unlikely to result in punishment or title stripping even if it does happen.
    Emphasise that we are focused on our own club and will be putting all our future efforts into Hibernian FC rather than dwelling on the historical rights and wrongs of other clubs.

That's not a hard statement to draw up, the one that has been produced is shockingly bad, snivelling, pathetic and embarrassing not to mention at complete odds with almost every single fan of the club.

really dissapointing.

First Team Breakthrough Green-Hibee-7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mistake from the club. Record season ticket sales, everybody pulling in the right direction and they go and do something that'll potentially divide the support and the trust they have gained from the support over the last few years.
    Exactly should have just kept our mouths shut.

How could they have thought that was the right thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    We have fans have all felt at some time or another, that the authorities have bent over backwards for both bigots in the past, and they have favoured them, dare I say it cheated on their behalf.

Now it's as clear as the nose on your face, that they don't even bother to hide it now, and OUR club don't have the bollox to stand up to them when THIS was the time to do so.

Gutless.

Hell mend you Petrie.
    Just wants to keep his SFA chair warm for when Reagan departs

Time for the SFA board including Petrie to be ousted and replaced with people who arent gonna allow cheats to.prosper with impunity

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I'd rather we didn't say anything

We look like diddies now

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone start a poll?

@hibs.net private member
    Harsh that Petrie seems to be getting all the blame. It was a unanimous vote and LD has been the boss getting all the credit for the good stuff so not sure how she's missing the flak here?

First Team Breakthrough Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.
    Because those who facilitated the corruption are still in there positions of power within the SFA ....they need rooted out

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    I'd rather we didn't say anything

We look like diddies now
    Unless he at the top isn't removed we are diddies. This statement confirmation the clubs place at the table to keep Rod at the higher end of the other table.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Your Board believes our game faces a choice. We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice. Or, we can focus on doing all we can to invest in the future of our Club and the wider game to improve our sport, and ensure there can be no repeat of the issues raised
    We prefer the latter option - working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open,

Are they steaming? Are they utterly ****ing steaming?

First Team Breakthrough
    If that is the approach they are taking then why bother making the statement at all. Typical Hibs. Take years building up solid support and good will amongst fans and between fans and the board and then set it back massively with one rash statement.

Smacks of Petrie going for top job! The only other rationale I can think of for the statement was that Petrie did a deal with SFA to stop them throwing the book at us after the cup final.

Makes for poor reading. Sometimes you are better to say nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Harsh that Petrie seems to be getting all the blame. It was a unanimous vote and LD has been the boss getting all the credit for the good stuff so not sure how she's missing the flak here?
    She's as much a clown as the rest for this decision. All who voted on the board are simple as that. She's been brilliant for hibs but IMO she's made a massive blunder with the statement and deserves any backlash she gets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    No it's not. Is Rod Petrie Vice President of the SFA, desperate to sweep this when his pal and President Regan is ****ting himself?

Petrie is making us the patsy.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    All that was needed to appease the majority of fans in Scotland was for the tainted titles and cups to be stripped.

That and a complete clear out of those corrupt *******s at the GFA.
    Then we might be able to 'move on'...

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.
    That is about the size of it to be honest. No way would the club be able to go against clear legal advice though in saying that a general more blunt statement would have been appropriate.

Deary me, what an dreadful statement. I'm shocked that Hibernian FC would issue such a thing. Constantly refers to legalities, legal opinion, legal minds... blah blah. What has football and sport got to do with the law ? Football like every other sport all levels is about fair competition, respect and sporting integrity. The fact that an independent review would cost time and effort is NO a reason not to carry it out and to blindly skip over the Sevco/Rangers fiasco as if it did not exist is pathetic.

Whether or not the authorities are limited in what they can do LEGALLY at the end of the day to address the ills of the past does not mean they should not (and cannot) draw and publicise clear conclusions about what they SHOULD and COULD be doing going forward should a similar situation arise today. If concluded, I think most fans (other than Sevco) would accept a clear statement that Sevco/Rangers should not have been allowed to retain those titles - had the the laws of the game been fit for purpose. But therein lies the problem. What a review may well expose is not only Rangers blatant abuse of the rules, but that the rules themselves and the processes and people that supported them were not fit for purpose. The SFA would be firmly in the dock.

This statement smacks of circling the wagons, self preservation and self interest - just as it was when Reagan / Doncaster and every CEO of every club wanted to shoe-horn Sevco into the Premiership.

Awful and shameful statement.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Poor. The lancing of this boil needs to be done. Money should be made available to do it. Scottish football will never move on till it is. One way or another transparency needs shown.where is the evidence of all this legal advice for instance? As far as I'm aware it's just the SFA saying this has been done. What was the advice and how was it reached? Come on Hibs not good enough.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    So, in summary - everyone that was greeting about no Hibs statement is now pissed off about the content of the statement.

Basically, if it didn't say what you want you get annoyed?

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    This is where I am...not what the majority wanted but to go calling the board, including dempster, gutless & spineless seems to be a bit harsh
    No matter what our board said nothing will change it's best we just move on tbh
    ..Hertz won 2 scottish cups playing players they couldn't afford...thats not gonna change either. Fed up hearing about this tbh...and I know that isn't a popular opinion on here but nothing will change regardless of what our board say and/or do

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    So, in summary - everyone that was greeting about no Hibs statement is now pissed off about the content of the statement.

Imagine what the reaction would have been after a long and very expensive enquiry which was pretty unlikely to have ended with title stripping?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Well no.

But if that's how you view it then fine.

First Team Breakthrough scotia44's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    My initial reaction is one of crippling disappointment.

I had a real and genuine sense of pride all those years ago when Petrie spoke of sporting integrity and the need for Scotland to have well run clubs, whilst he could point to the fact that Hibs had cut our cloth accordingly.

Today we stand shoulder to shoulder with the cheats and the whitewashers whilst booting our own fans (who shelled out decent sums of money for tickets to watch competitions where rules were not enforced equally) in the balls.

Hibs can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone really have faith in our authorities to enforce rules fairly? Do we really believe that FFP rules won't be glossed over to favour the establishment side?

I don't.

I thought we were better than this.
    Hibs can gtf really...really wow!

How do you know what the majority of fans want?

Far as I can see there's a few dozen people ranting on a message board. That's hardly "the majority".
    I agree. Short of polling everyone at the turnstiles on Saturday we really don't know what the majority view is.

There are obviously fans who are apoplectic, and others who are pure ragin', pissed off and disappointed. Then there are others, like me, who couldn't give a rats arse. Rangers oldco cheated. Everyone and their granny kens it. They are the embarrassment and the disgrace as far as I'm concerned. Sadly our board's statement deflects from that and for me that is the biggest disappointment. I agree with their decision not to pursue further action (based on the legal advice sought and for financial reasons) but they should have bowed out kicking and screaming their condemnation.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Remember that our club belongs to us and not the board. It is a point that needs made that we do not share their opinion. They have to share the shame between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    No it's not. Is Rod Petrie Vice President of the SFA, desperate to sweep this when his pal and President Regan is ****ting himself?

Petrie is making us the patsy.
    There wouldn't be a statement if the board didn't agree, that include LD and the fans reps. I'm not really fussed about the whole thing but I do think the statement is pretty poor. I'd rather we'd just said nothing and focused on Hibs and how we're getting on

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Imagine what the reaction would have been after a long and very expensive enquiry which was pretty unlikely to have ended with title stripping?
    Yep, its what I have been saying for ages; whatever the outcome there are factions that want very different things and nobody will be satisfied.

Quite how this has turned into a (some) Fans v Club thing is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    No matter what our board said nothing will change it's best we just move on tbh
    ..Hertz won 2 scottish cups playing players they couldn't afford...thats not gonna change either. Fed up hearing about this tbh...and I know that isn't a popular opinion on here but nothing will change regardless of what our board say and/or do

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    That's what I think people are so annoyed it. You are assuming and may well be right nothing will change, but what if just what if all the clubs did go after them and won. Sporting integrity would be restored fans would then feel justice is done.

There is way more to this than just fans upset, we want proper justice and some feel that the only way is getting them back to trial.