hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar

Liverpool Tickets

My step son has decided he's a Liverpool fan so I'd love to take him to a game at Anfield. Anyone got any experience of getting tickets? I see they have a membership scheme with 10K tickets for every home game sold via that. Any Liverpool fans able to advise if this is the way to go or anyone have access that can help?

2. Log in to remove the advert

There's a guy who runs buses down to some games but for the life of me a canny remember his name, when I do I will let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My step son has decided he's a Liverpool fan so I'd love to take him to a game at Anfield. Anyone got any experience of getting tickets? I see they have a membership scheme with 10K tickets for every home game sold via that. Any Liverpool fans able to advise if this is the way to go or anyone have access that can help?
    Pm sent

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm very close with an ex player who still receives comps - if you're ever thinking of going, PM me and I'll see what he can do 👍

We don't care what the red side say.....

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    We don't care what the red side say.....
    What the heck do we care.....

After today's result, you should have no problems!

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    After today's result, you should have no problems!

If I were a young man growing up in this age where it's acceptable to pick a team from a city you've nothing to do with, I'd choose Manchester City.

They look like the real deal from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

If I were a young man growing up in this age where it's acceptable to pick a team from a city you've nothing to do with, I'd choose Manchester City.

They look like the real deal from top to bottom.
    When I were a lad (we're not talking yesterday!), everyone picked an English team "from a city you've nothing to do with" also. Nothing new to adopt an English team. He's also a seaon ticket holder at Aberdeen....the city he was born and raised in.

The big difference today is the guys that pick a EPL team will actually go down and physical support them, in doing so financially also.
    Back when I was a lad I liked Leeds because they had half the Scotland team playing for them. A great team and still have a soft spot, but I have never seen them play, home or away. I have no plans to either but hope they get promotion this season.

Just back from "the pool" and did the Anfield tour ..... jeez its impressive . Was talking to one of thr tour guides and its hard to get tickets . He said the best bet was to go for a lesser game and you'll have more chance .

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Wouldn't bother with the membership scheme, biggest rip off ever in my opinion. It's massively subscribed to so your chances are still very slim to near impossible through the scheme.
    I struggle to get them unless of course I don't mind paying massively over the odds for one of hundreds of ST seats that folk have and sell regularly.

First Team Breakthrough Josh 01's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: josh hfc
    Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    The big difference today is the guys that pick a EPL team will actually go down and physical support them, in doing so financially also.
    Back when I was a lad I liked Leeds because they had half the Scotland team playing for them. A great team and still have a soft spot, but I have never seen them play, home or away. I have no plans to either but hope they get promotion this season.
    My dad supports Leeds for the same reason, I supported Liverpool as a boy but have always had a soft spot for Leeds. We went down last season to a game when hibs weren't playing and will be doing so again this season. Very enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    I'm very close with an ex player who still receives comps - if you're ever thinking of going, PM me and I'll see what he can do 👍
    That would be amazing mate. I'll bare it in mind.

That would be amazing mate. I'll bare it in mind.
    👍

First Team Breakthrough Fisherrow Harp's Avatar
    When I were a lad (we're not talking yesterday!), everyone picked an English team "from a city you've nothing to do with" also. Nothing new to adopt an English team. He's also a seaon ticket holder at Aberdeen....the city he was born and raised in.
    Good for him! I mean that in all sincerity, looked at the post and was afraid it might come over as sarcastic, nothing could be further from the truth!_so I edited it)
    Last edited by Fisherrow Harp; 10-09-2017 at 02:39 AM.

Respect for supporting his local team (even if it is them). We all used to pick English teams too but nowadays, more and more kids are picking them as their main team and binning Scottish football altogether. Sad stuff.

I'd try and gently persuade him to pick someone else though. Less chance of him getting a slagging every Monday if he did. 😄

Im 50, I never had an english team.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Neither did I really. Had a few different strips over the years but didn't really care about English teams, enough pain and suffering with Hibs & Scotland. Most of my peers did though and most were Liverpool fans due the Scottish contingent they had at the time (and they were winning everything).

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    I'm 50 and never had a Scottish team until 25 years ago :-)