hibs.net Messageboard

Page 129 of 424 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 3,841 to 3,870 of 12698

Thread: Pet Peeves IV

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm trying my best to rage against the dying of the light... and standing at gigs is one of my rage-lines

Each to their own on the QH. I love the venue, but can't bear the tables.
    I wonder what the QH revampers will come up with?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    The Edinburgh Evening News - describing two routine airport delays as "Chaos".
    They're the airport's sternest critics!

Something tells me the airport isn't too bothered.

@hibs.net private member Future17's Avatar
    Train stations where the only ticket machine is in the only rain shelter, which is tiny and rammed.

As mentioned before, people who take an eternity to find their card and use it when paying for stuff, when they knew 5 mins previously this was going to happen.

Acceptable sexism. Congratulations to Kate Middleton on her pregnancy. I wonder who the father is.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Not really a pet peeve because this is a new one to me but - French administration/accountants.

Across here, if you're off work sick you generally don't get paid for the first 3 days (there are far fewer Monday morning "stomach bugs" than in the UK). Given that on average there are 21/22 working days in a month this isn't negligible (ie. each day represents about 5% of your monthly salary).

I broke my arm/wrist 3 weeks ago and was automatically signed off work. I was emailed my wage slip yesterday and noted that I'd had the 3 days deducted - fair enough you may say. But no, because I was on holiday at the time. Our accountant has managed to deduct the number of days holiday that I took as well as money for not working during the time when I wasn't meant to be working anyway.

I've just finished a very interesting conversation with them and, after some gentle persuasion, they've agreed to recalculate my salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Not really a pet peeve because this is a new one to me but - French administration/accountants.

Across here, if you're off work sick you generally don't get paid for the first 3 days (there are far fewer Monday morning "stomach bugs" than in the UK). Given that on average there are 21/22 working days in a month this isn't negligible (ie. each day represents about 5% of your monthly salary).

I broke my arm/wrist 3 weeks ago and was automatically signed off work. I was emailed my wage slip yesterday and noted that I'd had the 3 days deducted - fair enough you may say. But no, because I was on holiday at the time. Our accountant has managed to deduct the number of days holiday that I took as well as money for not working during the time when I wasn't meant to be working anyway.

I've just finished a very interesting conversation with them and, after some gentle persuasion, they've agreed to recalculate my salary.
    Obviously that was a "having their cake and eating it" situation.
    People (on both sides of the work fence) can be self serving greedy dicks.
    Glad you got them to see sense, however, it says a lot about the firm you work for that you had to bring this up (unless it was a genuine mistake of course).

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Glad you got them to see sense, however, it says a lot about the form you work for that you had to bring this up (unless it was a genuine mistake of course).
    The wages aren't done in-house, it's our chartered accountants that do them.

My boss is brand new. On the rare occasion that I've been off in the past he hasn't even told the accountant so I wasn't docked at all. This time it was all part of the Social Security set-up and it was they who informed the accountants directly.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    I know I'll be in a minority here as I'm a Luddite when it comes to social media and twitter etc and don't use any of it, but I hate the increasing use of the "@" symbol in everyday use.

Particularly hate seeing it used in emails at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    I know I'll be in a minority here as I'm a Luddite when it comes to social media and twitter etc and don't use any of it, but I hate the increasing use of the "@" symbol in everyday use.

You'll find that emails don't work without it. ;-)

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

Emails are pretty hard to send or receive without using the @ symbol, to be fair.

PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

People who try to barge on to a train or bus whilst other people are still getting off. Ignorant muppets.

Random surveys appearing on online football forums with little or no knowledge of the poster.

Getting emails from some survey crowd asking what you thought of the last product you bought.
    (Especially if it was on ebay and you've already left feedback).

The way skinny jeans have saturated the market. I've got big calves and thighs, they don't work for me.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    People who try to barge on to a train or bus whilst other people are still getting off. Ignorant muppets.
    Or the people who take a maximum of three steps off public transport before stopping dead in their tracks.

The way skinny jeans have saturated the market. I've got big calves and thighs, they don't work for me.

Abso-effin-lutely!!!

I'm of similar stature, and I hate going into shops where there's 25 different types of skinny/slim jeans or trousers and maybe 1 pair at best that are regular style.

It cant be the case that 95% of men have legs like twigs!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post

Abso-effin-lutely!!!

I'm of similar stature, and I hate going into shops where there's 25 different types of skinny/slim jeans or trousers and maybe 1 pair at best that are regular style.

It cant be the case that 95% of men have legs like twigs!
    Same with slim fit shirts. OK, so it would help if I wasn't a tubby *******, but it's becoming increasing difficult to get a regular fit shirt without ordering one
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Glad you got them to see sense, however, it says a lot about the firm you work for that you had to bring this up (unless it was a genuine mistake of course).

Work colleagues who who have terrible attendance but shout long and loud whenever they're dealt any sanctions.

My work has some really good benefits, including excellent sick pay, and I have colleagues who are off "sick" several days a month, one who is off for months at a time (just returned from a 15 week absence, in the last 6 years I'd guesstimate they've had something close to 15+ months off), yet make it very clear that they are furious when their sick pay has run out and they're down to SSP, or some of their benefits have been suspended (in line with the absence policy), and tell the world about how hard down by they are.
    Naw, you're lazy and expect everyone to pick up your slack whilst you have several fridays/Mondays lying in your pit coz you cannae be arsed!

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Same with slim fit shirts. OK, so it would help if I wasn't a tubby *******, but it's becoming increasing difficult to get a regular fit shirt without ordering one

Totally agree mate. Seems like you need to a rake to be able to buy clothes these days

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I used to like shirts from Next but now they've resorted to slim fit, skinny and super-skinny!

M&S regular fit it is then...

I'm 6'3" and 15st7. I'm not the skinniest but I'm not a huge fat barsteward either. A few years ago XL shirts and tops fitted fine but now, even though I'm the same size, anything less than XXXL isn't even worth trying. Why have they done this?

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Work colleagues who who have terrible attendance but shout long and loud whenever they're dealt any sanctions.

My work has some really good benefits, including excellent sick pay, and I have colleagues who are off "sick" several days a month, one who is off for months at a time (just returned from a 15 week absence, in the last 6 years I'd guesstimate they've had something close to 15+ months off), yet make it very clear that they are furious when their sick pay has run out and they're down to SSP, or some of their benefits have been suspended (in line with the absence policy), and tell the world about how hard down by they are.
    Naw, you're lazy and expect everyone to pick up your slack whilst you have several fridays/Mondays lying in your pit coz you cannae be arsed!
    Seen that happen many times during my working life. I have no sympathy for these type of charlatans.
    P45-ers.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Seen that happen many times during my working life. I have no sympathy for these type of charlatans.
    P45-ers.

If only, there are several of these jokers at my work. Playing the system, thats all it is.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    I'm 6'3" and 15st7. I'm not the skinniest but I'm not a huge fat barsteward either. A few years ago XL shirts and tops fitted fine but now, even though I'm the same size, anything less than XXXL isn't even worth trying. Why have they done this?
    Weird, I'm 6'4" and weigh about the same as you, but I wear a large. XL is far too big.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Weird, I'm 6'4" and weigh about the same as you, but I wear a large. XL is far too big.
    ?

I may have come full circle however emojis in work emails drives me ****ing nuts. Just been for a series of interviews for a job and the HR woman that I've communicated with puts them in everything!! I'm also on board with the skinny jeans/shirts chat so bloody annoying is so hard to make a decent pair of nice bootcut jeans. Thought was a phase for clothes shops would get over but it's been about 10 years now!

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I give you Donald Ford and Bobby Moore.....

Jeez yes!! Not just jeans. Who the hell ever thought up the "stretch" suit? A suit should not be stretchy!! Unless you're going to a fancy dress party as the riddler.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    People that don't read the PR releases from Hibs RE tickets then go onto ask questions on threads that are already answered in the PR release.

The ********s that are currently driving across the new bridge just to drive back over it!!! What? You're never, ever going to drive over the bridge?? No wonder the traffics brutal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The ********s that are currently driving across the new bridge just to drive back over it!!! What? You're never, ever going to drive over the bridge?? No wonder the traffics brutal!!

.............. :