hibs.net Messageboard

Page 23 of 430 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When there is no main contractor they can usually find someone else to blame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Variation on an old theme, they'll just blame it on themselves.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    And that's the real quiz!
    Some of the claims will be false.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    This is part of Cathro's elaborate plan to go the whole season unbeaten at Tynecastle.
    Superb 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Ok ladies and gentleman. This was the news I got today from a very good source at Tynie. I dont usually get any good info but this is gem.

Yams are actively looking at moving Aberdeen game as a minimum and have told the sheep. They are looking at feasibility of using Murrayfield for this and 1-2 other games as stand is way behind schedule. Part of this is contingency but it won't be ready for sheep game. They have advised SPFL.

Barry Anderson will have an exclusive in this (all is Barry style) in the next week or so.
    Hope Aberdeen tell them to stick it up their arse.

If this comes to pass, the SPFL should be fining them.

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Ok ladies and gentleman. This was the news I got today from a very good source at Tynie. I dont usually get any good info but this is gem.

Yams are actively looking at moving Aberdeen game as a minimum and have told the sheep. They are looking at feasibility of using Murrayfield for this and 1-2 other games as stand is way behind schedule. Part of this is contingency but it won't be ready for sheep game. They have advised SPFL.

Barry Anderson will have an exclusive in this (all is Barry style) in the next week or so.
    And so the circus begins before a ball has been kicked.

Over ambitious programme and it is now affected everyone in our league.

Said it before, if they do ask for a fixture change (again) the SPFL should tell them to bolt, revert all their fixtures back to normal and make them play in front of 3 stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    And so the circus begins before a ball has been kicked.

Over ambitious programme and it is now affected everyone in our league.

Said it before, if they do ask for a fixture change (again) the SPFL should tell them to bolt, revert all their fixtures back to normal and make them play in front of 3 stands.
    They have asked to play at least 2 games at Murrayfield as Tynie won't be ready by the end of whatever the original arrangement is.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar

Looks like Site Gossip 1 - 0 Yam wishful thinkers.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Interesting thing in these pics is the line of the temporary fence . Its exactly in line with the centre of the vertical columns that support the girder truss. Looking at the architect's sectional drawings that are part of their planning application , that is the line that will be the front of the new stand.
    That'll be about 4 feet between the front row Yams and the linesman if they leave the pitch width as it is.

According to the architects drawing there will be a 5 metre gap between the front of the stand and the pitch line.

I think the Tynie pitch is to get , well ,Tiny-er.

If that pitch gets any smaller you could play Subbuteo on it!

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    [/B]If that pitch gets any smaller you could play Subbuteo on it!
    I've heard the pitch is going to be like Pacman. Where you can run down the tunnel on the Wheatfield side and reappear from the main stand.

Rumours of there being ghosts of Mercer and random bits of fruit are just made up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    I've heard the pitch is going to be like Pacman. Where you can run down the tunnel on the Wheatfield side and reappear from the main stand.

Rumours of there being ghosts of Mercer and random bits of fruit are just made up though.
    The "random bits of fruit" is indeed made up - there was nothing random about the bananas.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

No chance. It'll be ready- I don't know who your source is but as I've said previously it's on track. I know I'll get called a yam but it's actually ahead of schedule for their game v the sheep. The steel will be put in in a week and it will be ready. As I said before my mates working on it and has no reason to lie

Quote Originally Posted by Criswell View Post
    [/B]If that pitch gets any smaller you could play Subbuteo on it!
    Its why they get emptied away from home all the time . Big pitchies require skill

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    They have asked to play at least 2 games at Murrayfield as Tynie won't be ready by the end of whatever the original arrangement is.
    Just wait til, out of force of habit, that eejit Scott Wilson announces "another sell out crowd" with 45k empty seats at Murrayfield...

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    None of us are experts on this however when you take a look at pictures from the weekend it is hard to believe that this stand will be open in 45 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    And that's the real quiz!
    It's HALF football stand, HALF chip shop.

Quote Originally Posted by Morganleith View Post
    No chance. It'll be ready- I don't know who your source is but as I've said previously it's on track. I know I'll get called a yam but it's actually ahead of schedule for their game v the sheep. The steel will be put in in a week and it will be ready. As I said before my mates working on it and has no reason to lie
    I am going to suggest that it will be nowhere near completion and let's not forget it will require all the relevant safety certificates (fire, structural etc) before any punters are allowed to sit in it.

The external sections may come close but the internal fittings are a long way off.

The camera doesn't lie

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I am going to suggest that it will be nowhere near completion and let's not forget it will require all the relevant safety certificates (fire, structural etc) before any punters are allowed to sit in it.

The external sections may come close but the internal fittings are a long way off.

The camera doesn't lie

Do you think the lack of a few certificates would stop them opening the stand to their punters ?

And guess what , our Council would not say a word about it.

Do you think the lack of a few certificates would stop them opening the stand to their punters ?

Silly of me GG. Of course it wouldn't! They do what they want!

Don't think that's true actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Don't think that's true actually.
    Where do you begin with the litany of breaches of regulation with the new Tiny stand.

1. There has not been a Building Warrant issued to allow work on the stand to commence

2. Very late in the day, they applied for planning permission for the reinforcement of the Distillery storage area walls and this was granted last month. There has never been a Building Warrant applied for but the work is 90% complete.

3. They have been using the Wheatfield undercroft since the beginning of the year for their ticket office, shop, and changing facilities with any completion cert. Only a temp. occupation cert. for a 24 hour period has ever been issued.

4.The temporary Tynecastle nursery round in Wheatfield Street had a temp occupation cert. issued in February this year so they could move the sprogs out to demolish the old nursery building that was in the way. The occupation cert was issued 2 months before the Building warrant which was issued in April.

5. There has been a complaint made ( presume by H & S E ) about breach of conditions on the site. The complaint was logged 6th March and is still pending consideration on some officials desk.

Do you think the Council will start enforcing any regs. now ?

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Where do you begin with the litany of breaches of regulation with the new Tiny stand.

1. There has not been a Building Warrant issued to allow work on the stand to commence

2. Very late in the day, they applied for planning permission for the reinforcement of the Distillery storage area walls and this was granted last month. There has never been a Building Warrant applied for but the work is 90% complete.

3. They have been using the Wheatfield undercroft since the beginning of the year for their ticket office, shop, and changing facilities with any completion cert. Only a temp. occupation cert. for a 24 hour period has ever been issued.

4.The temporary Tynecastle nursery round in Wheatfield Street had a temp occupation cert. issued in February this year so they could move the sprogs out to demolish the old nursery building that was in the way. The occupation cert was issued 2 months before the Building warrant which was issued in April.

5. There has been a complaint made ( presume by H & S E ) about breach of conditions on the site. The complaint was logged 6th March and is still pending consideration on some officials desk.

I agree with all of the above but I don't think even they would try and occupy a stand with members of the public without a completion certificate.

I'm in two minds about this. Obviously it would be funny (and expensive) if they couldn't open it on schedule. But a grand opening against the dons has an appeal too. I think they'll get absolutely rammed by the sheep (no pun intended... honest) and the cardigan wearers in the new shiny wee stand (and the wee dingy ones) will achieve new levels of abuse towards Cathy and his clowns. Unfortunately could be his last game in charge - Levein will need a scapegoat.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I agree with all of the above but I don't think even they would try and occupy a stand with members of the public without a completion certificate.
    Agree. Their public liability insurers wouldn't automatically cover it and there could also be statutory Employers Liability issues too.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

This is good to know though ....... If I win 100 million on the Euros in the next few weeks work will start the next day on filling in the corners at ER and the helicopter pad. I can worry about pesky inconveniences like planning permission and stuff later on

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    I'm in two minds about this. Obviously it would be funny (and expensive) if they couldn't open it on schedule. But a grand opening against the dons has an appeal too. I think they'll get absolutely rammed by the sheep (no pun intended... honest) and the cardigan wearers in the new shiny wee stand (and the wee dingy ones) will achieve new levels of abuse towards Cathy and his clowns. Unfortunately could be his last game in charge - Levein will need a scapegoat.
    Indeed ..... their farewell to the death trap was a defeat by Aberdeen and it would be fitting for them to get a pumping from the same team on the day punters finally get to sit in the new one

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Agree. Their public liability insurers wouldn't automatically cover it and there could also be statutory Employers Liability issues too.

It has never bothered them to put staff and customers in their shop and ticket office in the Wheatfield undercroft without even a Certificate of temporary Occupation.

Insurance, who needs insurance, nothing will go wrong.

It has never bothered them to put staff and customers in their shop and ticket office in the Wheatfield undercroft without even a Certificate of temporary Occupation.

Insurance, who needs insurance, nothing will go wrong.
    They'd be trading illegally without a valid post construction employers liability cert. But as you say ... ....... .......

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    Be a lot more funny if the first game was against us on 27th December.

That's some list.
    Have you brought it up with the Council ?

That's some list.
    Have you brought it up with the Council ?
    Are you Hearts Architect, or their professional negligence insurer?

Sir Matt Busby