hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 1196 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 19669610961146118611941195119611971198120612461296 ... LastLast
Results 35,851 to 35,880 of 44390
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bobby Flavell was my favourite player in that team. Classy...which meant that he played 1 good game in 3.

Sadly no longer with us.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Just checked him up..realy don't remember him .39 years old ffs...far too young..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    I think the angle would be that we should lose our 1886 cup win from our records if Sevco loses everything but their Petrofact cup and ,of course their 2016 runners up award.
    I'd do the trade.

If the £6m that is being reported for McKay is true then that will help the Huns out of their hole (very unfortunate). Whether he is worth £6m is questionable. I thought less than a million if anything.

NB. Noticed story was the dr so more than likely from traynor
    Last edited by Fuzzywuzzy; 20-01-2017 at 08:21 AM.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    If the £6m that is being reported for McKay is true then that will help the Huns out of their hole (very unfortunate). Whether he is worth £6m is questionable. I thought less than a million if anything.

NB. Noticed story was the dr so more than likely from traynor
    £6m is utterly laughable. Decent player but not worth anywhere near that. Huns would bite the hand for any offer worth £2m or more

No offence to Keith Jackson, but he's made it clear he doesn't even have credible sources in Glasgow let alone Leipzig. Pure fiction from an embarrassing 'journalist'.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    £6m is utterly laughable. Decent player but not worth anywhere near that. Huns would bite the hand for any offer worth £2m or more
    He's not even worth £1m. This story comes straight from Ibrox in a bid to try generate some interest. They are desperate for cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    He's not even worth £1m. This story comes straight from Ibrox in a bid to try generate some interest. They are desperate for cash.

What happened was that Oliver Burke was quoted as saying he had been impressed by McKay in the friendly where The Rangers were gubbed. That seems to have converted to a story about Red Bull Leipzig waving around wodges of Euros to try sign him! Complete load of guff and coming from Ibrox as you say Ozyhibby!

Hey everyone, we're neglecting the Sevco thread!

This, from FF, is so good I don't even know where to begin ...

Drastic suggestion - should teams be pushing to kick Celtic out of Scottish football?
    Even aside from the fact that referees are now visibly scared to give any decisions against them resulting in dozens of ludicrously bad decisions going in their favour this season. The decision today was beyond belief. Would we have got that? Not a chance.

Anyway, that's only one reason out of dozens. The boys club scandal, the excessive influence over the governing body and use of external bodies (politicians etc) to make decisions that favour one club or give them an advantage.

Their big call was about sporting integrity. Where is the sporting integrity when they are turning over 3 or 4 times their nearest competitor. This year they expect to make 80m next year when they sell Dembele and if they make the CL they'll possibly take over £100m. What chance do we or any other clubs have?

They aren't Scottish football, remind them if they have no one to play against they are nothing. We are the biggest club in the country and its time to start reminding people WATP and getting onside with other clubs to rail against their influence.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post

Brilliant.

Hold on, but. Wasn't "sporting integrity" coined by our own Rod? Shouldn't their (well-thought out and rational...) concerns be directed at him?
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 06-02-2017 at 12:14 PM.

First Team Breakthrough

As you say, where on earth would someone begin to respond to that - utterly delusional as usual that lot

The poor soul clearly wasnt around when Old Rangers were using tax payers money and blank cheques from RBS to purchase a squad with 3 Internationalists vying for every position while Celtic had Wayne Bigguns playing up front with Gerry Briton.

Quote Originally Posted by fat freddy View Post
    The poor soul clearly wasnt around when Old Rangers were using tax payers money and blank cheques from RBS to purchase a squad with 3 Internationalists vying for every position while Celtic had Wayne Bigguns playing up front with Gerry Briton.
    Bank of Scotland. Your point is a good one though.

The rangers online forum is rife with paranoia and delusions. A full thread suggesting that celtic have paid the SFA to cheat for them and that theirs a whole big conspiracy against rangers. Using money to cheat their way to winning? Oh Rangers if only you could see the irony!

Their victim card was hilarious at first then it became pathetic and desperate and now its just plain boring tbh. They simply can't get their tiny, bigoted wee minds around the fact that THEY cheated for years and therefore they got exactly what they deserved.

They can't stand Celtic lording it over them atm, as much as they hate to admit it, celtic are absolutely miles ahead of them and 10 in a row is a very real possibility as The Rangers wont be within touching distance of them anytime soon. It wouldn't surprise me if the huns ended up breaking the bank again as they desperately try to stop 10 in a row from happening.

The seethe, the foaming at the mouth hatred, the paranoia and the utter delusion is rife. You really have to see it to believe it so if your in need of a genuine laugh out loud then do check out their forum. The hurt is oh so very real!

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Jeez the new clubs got a bigger chip on it's shoulder than the now defunct Glasgow rangers. All that separates them is the new boys have less of somebody else's money to play with

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Methinks that's a Celtic fan on the wind up lol......

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

It gets even better, one of the replies:

Its a hard pill to swallow but the reality is we need the *******s that tried to kill us as much as they need us.

The only way to fix the game here in Scotland is to create a level playing field financially. Nothing else will save the game. Of we dont then you can look forward to Celtic winning 10 or more in a row followed by us trying to do the same. While this is going on the others who are just making up the numbers will continue to contract, merge and disappear.

How many fans came from the highlands on saturday? It aint going to get any better unless they have a chance of winning trophies.

I actually think it might be too late now anyway with most of these clubs lucky to draw 3,000 fans at home.

I understand and share in the anger we feel for these clubs that tried to kill us but there's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

They are totally madly deluded - they weren't killed by other clubs, they were liquidated and a new club was formed. I find it utterly laughable, after the exploits of the old Rangers FC, for a fan of the newco to now talk about creating a level playing field.

This clown obviously forgot as well that Ross County won the League Cup last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    Jeez the new clubs got a bigger chip on it's shoulder than the now defunct Glasgow rangers. All that separates them is the new boys have less of somebody else's money to play with
    ... forgetting the old Rangers won a few more titles and cups. If you went to an antique shop and bought a 1966 WC Winners medal, you can't claim to be a World Cup Winner

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    ... forgetting the old Rangers won a few more titles and cups. If you went to an antique shop and bought a 1966 WC Winners medal, you can't claim to be a World Cup Winner
    Aye that too

Even if we all now know those trophies were tainted by financial doping. Where have I heard that before

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Jim Traynor talking about Celtic. Not yesterday. Made me chuckle.
    https://twitter.com/gibbygibbo1/stat...73679087099904

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    The rangers online forum is rife with paranoia and delusions. A full thread suggesting that celtic have paid the SFA to cheat for them and that theirs a whole big conspiracy against rangers. Using money to cheat their way to winning? Oh Rangers if only you could see the irony!

Their victim card was hilarious at first then it became pathetic and desperate and now its just plain boring tbh. They simply can't get their tiny, bigoted wee minds around the fact that THEY cheated for years and therefore they got exactly what they deserved.

They can't stand Celtic lording it over them atm, as much as they hate to admit it, celtic are absolutely miles ahead of them and 10 in a row is a very real possibility as The Rangers wont be within touching distance of them anytime soon. It wouldn't surprise me if the huns ended up breaking the bank again as they desperately try to stop 10 in a row from happening.

The seethe, the foaming at the mouth hatred, the paranoia and the utter delusion is rife. You really have to see it to believe it so if your in need of a genuine laugh out loud then do check out their forum. The hurt is oh so very real!

They are deranged, but we all knew that.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar

That is simply magnificent.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

That's got to be an undercover Celtc fan
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Celtic announce profits of £18m from six months trading to 31 December 2016. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by GlesgaeHibby View Post
    It gets even better, one of the replies:

Its a hard pill to swallow but the reality is we need the *******s that tried to kill us as much as they need us.

The only way to fix the game here in Scotland is to create a level playing field financially. Nothing else will save the game. Of we dont then you can look forward to Celtic winning 10 or more in a row followed by us trying to do the same. While this is going on the others who are just making up the numbers will continue to contract, merge and disappear.

How many fans came from the highlands on saturday? It aint going to get any better unless they have a chance of winning trophies.

I actually think it might be too late now anyway with most of these clubs lucky to draw 3,000 fans at home.

I understand and share in the anger we feel for these clubs that tried to kill us but there's no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

They are totally madly deluded - they weren't killed by other clubs, they were liquidated and a new club was formed. I find it utterly laughable, after the exploits of the old Rangers FC, for a fan of the newco to now talk about creating a level playing field.

This clown obviously forgot as well that Ross County won the League Cup last year.

The ironyl.

The new huns whining of Celtic's dominance.

Just when one thinks they've heard it all a hun comes out with this pile of comedy gold. No fan of Celtic but they have been managed so very well by their board for many a year now.

Did anyone miss the huns when their newco was placed into the lowest tier? I don't think so and on that basis I would suggest the huns do one and disappear to any league out-with Scotland as soon as they like. If there was a poll by fans out-with Celtic and newco of which club was the most hated and wished to disappear i'm quite certain it would be the new huns.

glory glory

glory glory

While I enjoy the irony of this coming from Sevconians, doesn't mean I don't agree with it. The game in Scotland would benefit from a salary cap set up.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    Celtic announce profits of £18m from six months trading to 31 December 2016. Wow.
    Their profit is about the same as Sevco's turnover.

While I enjoy the irony of this coming from Sevconians, doesn't mean I don't agree with it. The game in Scotland would benefit from a salary cap set up.

Absolutely right. Even a stopped hun clock tells the right time twice a day.

wow. 50 guests on this thread

Their profit is about the same as Sevco's turnover.

Celtc haven't got a war chest or over investment though. You need them to get players like sendhimoff and to fund krancjaers pension break.

Sir Matt Busby

Tell us how the quality of football would improve given that every player and his dog would leave Scotland even quicker than they already do now? And how would curtailing Celtics ability to compete in Europe help our game nationally?

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Tell us how the quality of football would improve given that every player and his dog would leave Scotland even quicker than they already do now? And how would curtailing Celtics ability to compete in Europe help our game nationally?
    Exactly. It's just not feasible. Far too many questions to be asked on that topic. Huge can of worms imo.