hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laidlaw

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Oh yes. Loves it here. Glad of chance to play in front of big crowds for such a big club.
    That's great to hear, hope he does get an extended deal. Goalies seem to improve with age

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    I'm really pleased for Laidlaw. I saw him playing for the dev team at the start of the season and he looked smart and tidy enough. It's great that he's stepped up and is making a case to keep the gloves.

My ST is in the West Upper towards the away end but due to work and stuff I've only made a handful of games this season. There was an absolute walloper sitting behind me last night, I've never heard him before so I'm guessing he was a walk-up (or just a rubbish ST holder like me ).

Every time Laidlaw had the ball he was screaming at him for not looking for a short pass out, ignoring the fact the defenders were never showing for the ball. I think there was one occasion where Gray was deep enough to take the ball but was clearly not looking or expecting it.

Obviously Laidlaw had been instructed to kick deep and that's fair enough - in an ideal world I would love us to play out from the back but if Lennon had told him to go long for this match then the keeper needs to do what he's been told.

I thought he showed smart reactions for his big save and generally looked confident. Really good to have a couple of keepers who look the part.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Just watched the Raith v Falkirk goals on YouTube and whoever they have in goals now didn't have the best of games.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Just watched the Raith v Falkirk goals on YouTube and whoever they have in goals now didn't have the best of games.
    Shocking goalkeeping - so much so I'd be checking his football coupon to see if he had Falkirk +3 😀

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Shocking goalkeeping - so much so I'd be checking his football coupon to see if he had Falkirk +3 😀
    Was it not Cuthbert?

He's normally been pretty decent against us.

One of the features of games between us and Raith is that whoever plays in goals for them they have a blinder.

Perhaps it would be good to get Alan combe's opinion as the Goalkeeping coach his thoughts on who is the best prospect and regardless if it's Laidlaw or Rocky both are well ahead of Mark Otley who I could guarantee would not have saved the header that confirmed our victory on Friday night .
    Am also happy with his kicking out from passbacks which clear the half way line every time .
    F
    I applauded Laidlaw at the end and I think he heard me as a "Thumbs Up came to my direction praise due when it's earned