hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What is your attitude to a new "Rangers" entering at Div1?

Voters
1004. You may not vote on this poll
  • Opposed - and will walk away from Scottish professional football

533 53.09%
  • Opposed - but will continue to support the game.

447 44.52%
  • In favour.

24 2.39%
Page 198 of 1480 FirstFirst ... 981481881961971981992002082482986981198 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,940 of 44390
    @hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    If rangers are thrown out of the Spl just exactly how if boycotting other clubs going to have any impact?

Maybe Paul Le Guen should return - a French farce would be the icing on the case.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Meanwhile, former Rangers captain Sandy Jardine, who works behind the scenes at Ibrox, revealed supporters groups will meet on Saturday to discuss implementing sanctions against other clubs.

"We are going to have a meeting with all the delegates from the whole of Britain, and some of them will be flying in from abroad," said Jardine.

"Out of that, the supporters will take sanctions against clubs which we deem to have been unfair to ourselves.

I used to have some (albeit grudging) respect for McCoist and Jardine but they are just making utter phannies of themselves now.

omg, a 63 year old hun ned, grow up jardine ,for the luv of god grow up man, sally and sandy at the head of the hun army

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...t-other-clubs/

Apart from yelling We arra peepul at the reporter, could Sandy have displayed any more of the Hun Uebermenschen complex.

Jardine said that the club should be treated differently because of the club’s stature and said that the outcome had implications for other clubs, including direct action taken by Rangers supporters groups.

“I know from talking to the supporters, and the feeling within the club is, that we can’t do any more than put our case forward,” he said. “If they [the SPL and SFA] are starting to ignore us and not take it into consideration then ok, we’ll go down a division.

Rangers are a special case mainly because of the size of the club within Scottish football and what it delivers.
    If the rest of Scottish football (are you listening, Rod?) doesn't consign these cheating ******* to the wilderness for the sake of a tv deal then I ****** despair I really do.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hibs0666 View Post
    And this is coming fom an employee of the club too, not the lunatic fringe. **** them.
    I am almost speechless at the arrogance of this from Rangers and Jardine, he is a rangers employee and comes out with this nonsense. The sooner that club just dies the better.

Can I begin the word bingo

"wounded animal"
    "life support"
    "worldwide fan base"
    "won't be kept down for long"
    "seek vengeance"
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012

Sounds like the lunatics have taken over the asylum!
    Even Watty seems to have taken the gloves off.

Coaching Staff
    They are getting a bit nasty at the wrong time as the rest of the clubs still have to decide what to do with them.

If they take a wee fine and a transfer embargo this hard how are they going to react if they get some proper sanctions against them?

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    It's quite unbelievable what Jardine is saying - what a complete and utter moron. This crowd really know how to keep on digging don't they ?

Testimonial Due
    They are behaving like the corrupt Junta of some teetering Banana Republic desperately trying to cling on to power in the face of a democratic coup d'etat. They are using the terminology of war. Get this you freaks, it is not a war, it is a sport: one that you have sullied and poisoned and spoiled for decades with your bullying, cheating, hubris and bigotry. You sang about how nobody liked you (probably not really believing it), and you didn't care, well wake up and smell the buckfast: nobody else does like you and Scottish football will be far, far better without you.

Surely a club employee organising boycotts against other clubs will lead to another charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

At this point in time they should be licking arse, not kicking it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Surely a club employee organising boycotts against other clubs will lead to another charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

It's a total no-brainer IMHO.

Left by mutual consent! PaulSmith's Avatar

Ask the Compliance Officer.

That would suggest there exists a modicum - even a scrap - of humility with the club or among its support.

The Hun hordes are getting very upset. Funny how they are quick to lash out at the SFA and SPL not to mention 'sanctions' against other clubs when they have not uttered a peep about the people who got them into their current mess. Watty, Swally and Jokedine saying **** all about the man that made them rich. Funny that.....

Sanctions.....sanction...don't make me laugh. What power to a crumbling football club have over its rivals as far as 'sanctions' go?.....none. Bring it you Bigoted imbeciles don't turn up for 2(or perhaps 1) games at ER. Do I give a ****? Can Hibs afford to take a 100-200K hit from missing out on your 'custom'? Yes...no probs. Bring it.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Maybe Paul Le Guen should return - a French farce would be the icing on the case.
    :

are they no deed yet?

Remember when the Yams were being charged for paying their players late? The thing that really got their goat was being charged with failing to act with the utmost good faith towards the SPL and other clubs. We now have two representative of Rangers FC encouraging fans to carry out 'sanctions' against other clubs and the SPL as well as the SFA. That's a far more clear cut breach than the Yams offence ever was.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ehf View Post
    Meanwhile, former Rangers captain Sandy Jardine, who works behind the scenes at Ibrox, revealed supporters groups will meet on Saturday to discuss implementing sanctions against other clubs.

"We are going to have a meeting with all the delegates from the whole of Britain, and some of them will be flying in from abroad," said Jardine.

"Out of that, the supporters will take sanctions against clubs which we deem to have been unfair to ourselves.

I used to have some (albeit grudging) respect for McCoist and Jardine but they are just making utter phannies of themselves now.
    Does SJ reads the papers? Jeez, even Sally's found a brand new word this week i.e. "fair".
    Are they blind, arrogant or really that stupid. Do they think we've got zips up the back of our heids?
    Unlike a lot of folks on this site, I do have some sympathy for the decent Rangers fans (and they do exist) but when the likes of Sandy Jardine (originally a Hearts fan, BTW) comes out with drivel like this, well, I give up.

With a wife that preferred a wee fat Hearts player(allegedly)and a son who was jailed perhaps Sandy is a bit deranged these days.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I think the talk of the lunatic fringe within the Hun support is both accurate and worrying. Every crackpot conspiracy theorist is pouring petrol on the flames on the Rangers messageboards, and according to them everyone from the SFA, the Catholic church, the BBC, the Labour Party and many others are involved in a conspiracy to kill Rangers off. They claim this isn't a financial issue at a fooball club, it's nothing less than an attempt to destroy Protestantism in Scotland. Notwithstanding the fact that Rangers' problems are entirely financial and of their own making, the nutters amongst them are really stirring things up and creating a siege mentality. Already there have been threats against the SFA panel. They have to be told they can't intimidate their way out of potential liquidation nor be allowed to play upon hatred and prejudice.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    A new low even for the Record? It just might be ...

http://blogs.dailyrecord.co.uk/markh...ple-outsi.html
    That's what Independent means Hately you idiot, you fool, you absolute prat!

Sent from another universe!

Raith director is one of the panel of three and gives his view, interesting that they got advice from a number of people.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17858090

Testimonial Due bighairyfaeleith's Avatar
    Can't believe Hately's article in the DR, He should be getting charged by the police for inciting hatred.

They are simply **** and all there posturing is only going to make everyone want to punish them more.

I mean genuinely saying we are too big to be relegated is pathetic. It's like saying to someone "Do you now who I am"

Only ****ers do that!!

First Team Breakthrough John_the_angus_hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    They are getting a bit nasty at the wrong time as the rest of the clubs still have to decide what to do with them.

If they take a wee fine and a transfer embargo this hard how are they going to react if they get some proper sanctions against them?
    Before this end game, someone is going to seriously hurt or worse from nutters in this mob. My god, I mean Lennon and others received bullets and bombs for just being outspoken and for Lennon being Lennon!

Sent from another universe!

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    I know Eric personally, from him giving up his spare spare time to help referee the amateur leagues in Perth, and he has always come across as a fair person with a love of football.

If he is receiving any sort of personal abuse on the back of this decision then those dishing it out need to have a long hard look at themselves.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

I have just finished reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread and am at a loss for words ( nearly )

If super Ally didnt think for one minute that his outburst would result in threats to the panel members then he must be seriously stupid !!!

Mark Hately's column in the Daily Record was probably the most stupid, ill informed and biased piece of rubbish I think I have ever read on a football related matter .... The fact that the DR published it without a second thought says everything that needs to be said about that apology for a newspaper.

As for Sandy Jardine ( a man who made a career in football by perfecting the pass back to the keeper ) What he had to say was beyond arrogance, even for a rangers supporter. "special case" What the hell does that mean? Rangers have been caught cheating but should be allowed to get away with it because they are a big club ..... What a moron !!!

As for the laughable " sanctions against clubs who have hurt rangers" Fkng bring it on ya bunch of trumpets. If your so called sanctions means my ears wont be assaulted by the constant stream of bigoted vile tripe seeping out of the South stand twice a season, fantastic ... that sort of sanction I welcome with open arms.

It seems to me that over the past few months EVERYBODY connected with Rangers football club has shown a quite frankly mind boggling willingness to address every aspect of the situation, apart from the reality of it. Their attempts to blame everybody apart from themselves is somewhere between delusional and embarrassing. Astonishingly the people you would expect to keep a clear head in this situation are the ones pandering to the worst elements of the clubs support. Stand up Smith, McCoist, Hately and now Jardine.

And all of this Supported to a rediculous extent by the press and media who just cant seem to take a backward step from decades of kissing the erchie of the OF.

The sooner that club and the arrogant morons who run it and to a large degree support it are consigned to the dustbin of football history the better. Until that happens football ( at least in Scotland ) will never be "the beautiful game !!!!!!!!!!!

I think the actions of the knuckledraggers and those who should know better are likely to engineer a situation where not only does the Hun Newco not get into the SPL but that they are denied entry into SFL3.

Keep up the good work.
    Last edited by jgl07; 26-04-2012 at 08:16 PM.

@hibs.net private member StevieC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    With a wife that preferred a wee fat Hearts player(allegedly)and a son who was jailed perhaps Sandy is a bit deranged these days.
    Nae need to bring SJ's family into it!

His son actually used to follow Hibs.
    Last edited by StevieC; 26-04-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    But you know it ain't all about wealth,
    as long as you make a note to .. EXPRESS YOURSELF!

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottis...t-other-clubs/

Apart from yelling We arra peepul at the reporter, could Sandy have displayed any more of the Hun Uebermenschen complex.

If the rest of Scottish football (are you listening, Rod?) doesn't consign these cheating ******* to the wilderness for the sake of a tv deal then I ****** despair I really do.
    Jardine can go f*** right off, Me White is the rangers owner and his decisions were to benifit Rangers FC, so the club should be punished

What do they want??? no fine no ban just a slap on the wrist n dont do it again???

Me personally think they got of likley when you see what happening in switzerland, a 12 moth ban not that bad compared to that

Also sanctions against other clubs what they going to do not go to away ground? if so not bother me + their beloved cheating club not got any money from ticket sales....empty threat if you ask me

Oh n Mark Hatley can f*** off also with his article in the daily rangers today

The club has been caught out cheating the system so take your punishment!!!!!

@hibs.net private member Leithenhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BOVRIL View Post
    I have just finished reading the last 10 or so pages of this thread and am at a loss for words ( nearly )

If super Ally didnt think for one minute that his outburst would result in threats to the panel members then he must be seriously stupid !!!

Mark Hately's column in the Daily Record was probably the most stupid, ill informed and biased piece of rubbish I think I have ever read on a football related matter .... The fact that the DR published it without a second thought says everything that needs to be said about that apology for a newspaper.

As for Sandy Jardine ( a man who made a career in football by perfecting the pass back to the keeper ) What he had to say was beyond arrogance, even for a rangers supporter. "special case" What the hell does that mean? Rangers have been caught cheating but should be allowed to get away with it because they are a big club ..... What a moron !!!

As for the laughable " sanctions against clubs who have hurt rangers" Fkng bring it on ya bunch of trumpets. If your so called sanctions means my ears wont be assaulted by the constant stream of bigoted vile tripe seeping out of the South stand twice a season, fantastic ... that sort of sanction I welcome with open arms.

It seems to me that over the past few months EVERYBODY connected with Rangers football club has shown a quite frankly mind boggling willingness to address every aspect of the situation, apart from the reality of it. Their attempts to blame everybody apart from themselves is somewhere between delusional and embarrassing. Astonishingly the people you would expect to keep a clear head in this situation are the ones pandering to the worst elements of the clubs support. Stand up Smith, McCoist, Hately and now Jardine.

And all of this Supported to a rediculous extent by the press and media who just cant seem to take a backward step from decades of kissing the erchie of the OF.

The sooner that club and the arrogant morons who run it and to a large degree support it are consigned to the dustbin of football history the better. Until that happens football ( at least in Scotland ) will never be "the beautiful game !!!!!!!!!!!
    Well said