hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 406 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875

NFL/NCAA (American Football)

whos looking forward to the season on both accounts then?? What are peoples tips on Play-off contenders and overall winners? Is?

I feel i dont know the teams very well but i will be biased go for The Packers making the superbowl

dont know about the NCAA though

2. Log in to remove the advert

Huge saints fan. I leave for new Orleans to see them drop the championship flag at the dome next Saturday. Heading over for a week and game is on the Thursday night.

Couldn't be more excited.

Saints to repeat. Two Dat!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge saints fan. I leave for new Orleans to see them drop the championship flag at the dome next Saturday. Heading over for a week and game is on the Thursday night.

Couldn't be more excited.

Saints to repeat. Two Dat!
    Quality

Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Quality
    As do the playoffs it's too early to tell but the usual suspects will no doubt be there like new England and the colts.

I think we have a good chance to do it all over again this year as think we may only have gotten better during the off season. Can't wait to go over and see us beat the Vikings and favre again.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    As do the playoffs it's too early to tell but the usual suspects will no doubt be there like new England and the colts.

I think we have a good chance to do it all over again this year as think we may only have gotten better during the off season. Can't wait to go over and see us beat the Vikings and favre again.
    Do you think Favre will be 1 season too many?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    REALLY excited about both starting, but more so (as usual) about the NCAA.

The Gators/Crimson Tide/Tigers/Buckeyes will all be undoubted favourites to take the national championship this year, though Florida will be a VERY different side without Tebow.

I don't expect us (Michigan) to have a great year, though I do expect better than last year. Going to the Big House NEXT season to see the Michigan vs Ohio State game, which will be EPIC!

As for the NFL - I'm originally from Newport, RI., so I'm a HUGE New England fan. I can't see us winning anything this season, though as ever, I would at least expect us to win division. Not quite sure who I fancy this season for the Superbowl. The usual suspects will be around (Colts, Giants, Chargers, Steelers, Pats), but I can't see the Saints repeating their feat again this year.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

There is nothing better than NCAA. If you can get into it then stick with it. Tops the NFL by some and more. It can be quite hard to follow though as there are that many divisons and the way they work out the eventual winners can be very confusing. Not sure if allowed to premote but get your self over to nfluk.com. Loads of info regarding all things american football and the forum is great. Got a whole section covering the NCAA and you will be made more than welcome.
    ESPN have got MNF this year which is great news and they also cover the ncaa, showing a lot of their games.
    If you looking for a NCAA team to follow give us your criteria and we will point you in the right direction.
    As for the Superbowl you will be hard prest to see past the Jets/Ravens in the AFC and in the NFC you looking at the Packers and maybe the Saints.
    If your looking for a long shot go for the Cardinals.
    Can't wait for the season to start and just putting the Jets game on the now.

Does anyone on here play the fantasy football?

Quote Originally Posted by The Story So Far... View Post
    REALLY excited about both starting, but more so (as usual) about the NCAA.

The Gators/Crimson Tide/Tigers/Buckeyes will all be undoubted favourites to take the national championship this year, though Florida will be a VERY different side without Tebow.

I don't expect us (Michigan) to have a great year, though I do expect better than last year. Going to the Big House NEXT season to see the Michigan vs Ohio State game, which will be EPIC!

As for the NFL - I'm originally from Newport, RI., so I'm a HUGE New England fan. I can't see us winning anything this season, though as ever, I would at least expect us to win division. Not quite sure who I fancy this season for the Superbowl. The usual suspects will be around (Colts, Giants, Chargers, Steelers, Pats), but I can't see the Saints repeating their feat again this year.

College wise, I am following NC State because my friend goes there. I am looking forward to seeing some good college ball this year.

NFL wise... I am not sure our boys (the Pats) will do well this year Scott, Miami have improved and the Jets have made some top signings and had a decent defense last year... It is going to be alot tougher than previous years.

I quite fancy the Ravens to go all the way this year... Although I hope Brady takes us all the way again...

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    College wise, I am following NC State because my friend goes there. I am looking forward to seeing some good college ball this year.

NFL wise... I am not sure our boys (the Pats) will do well this year Scott, Miami have improved and the Jets have made some top signings and had a decent defense last year... It is going to be alot tougher than previous years.

I quite fancy the Ravens to go all the way this year... Although I hope Brady takes us all the way again...
    I'm a little unsure myself to be honest. We didn't benefit from the return of Brady last year, as he still looked a little defensive on his knee. However, we've made some good acquisitions in the draft and haven't lost any MAJOR players.

The Jets have been here before - they make a habit of signing big names who fail to cut the mustard. Having said that, I do think Tomlinson and Taylor will be big signings for them.

I don't think we'll finish bottom of the division - if we can get Brady working early on and the new defensive line gels quickly enough, we could have a very solid season.

Only time will tell though - our pre-season hasn't been a disaster, with us chalking up wins vs the Saints (in Foxborough) and crushing the Falcons in Atlanta. We narrowly lost to the Cards at home, but by 1 point, in what was a high scoring affair.

Our key problem in pre-season has been the number of 1st downs we've been giving up!

I'm a little unsure myself to be honest. We didn't benefit from the return of Brady last year, as he still looked a little defensive on his knee. However, we've made some good acquisitions in the draft and haven't lost any MAJOR players.

The Jets have been here before - they make a habit of signing big names who fail to cut the mustard. Having said that, I do think Tomlinson and Taylor will be big signings for them.

I don't think we'll finish bottom of the division - if we can get Brady working early on and the new defensive line gels quickly enough, we could have a very solid season.

Only time will tell though - our pre-season hasn't been a disaster, with us chalking up wins vs the Saints (in Foxborough) and crushing the Falcons in Atlanta. We narrowly lost to the Cards at home, but by 1 point, in what was a high scoring affair.

Our key problem in pre-season has been the number of 1st downs we've been giving up!

Very true Scott. Very True.

Season is just around the corner, got beers and munch in the house ready for KO!

Gamer IDs

Can't wait for Saturday!

ESPN America is featuring 3 games from the opening day of the NCAA College season:

5pm: Miami (OH) vs Florida Gators - be very interesting to see how Florida do without their star QB, Tebow, who's moved onto bigger and better things in the NFL.

8pm: Connecticut vs Michigan! - not often we actually feature these days, following some very poor seasons back to back, but we kick the season off at home in the Big House vs a very strong looking Huskies organisation. I fully expect to see us have a mediocre season, culminating in a defeat at Ohio State, but hopefully we can have one televised win!

1am: Oregon State vs TCU - I have a very close friend and some research colleagues at OSU, so if I'm still awake enough, I'll stay up and watch the Beavers open their season against the TCU Horned Frogs (only Texans...)

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Can't wait for Saturday!

ESPN America is featuring 3 games from the opening day of the NCAA College season:

5pm: Miami (OH) vs Florida Gators - be very interesting to see how Florida do without their star QB, Tebow, who's moved onto bigger and better things in the NFL.

8pm: Connecticut vs Michigan! - not often we actually feature these days, following some very poor seasons back to back, but we kick the season off at home in the Big House vs a very strong looking Huskies organisation. I fully expect to see us have a mediocre season, culminating in a defeat at Ohio State, but hopefully we can have one televised win!

1am: Oregon State vs TCU - I have a very close friend and some research colleagues at OSU, so if I'm still awake enough, I'll stay up and watch the Beavers open their season against the TCU Horned Frogs (only Texans...)
    Looking forward to it! :

What are the NFL games on Sunday

Looking forward to it! :

What are the NFL games on Sunday
    NFL doesn't kick off till next week. Sky got Vikings v Saints a week tomorrow to kick it all of. They showing Panthers v Giants and 49ERS V Seahawks on the Sunday.
    ESPN have the big game of the week Ravens V Jets on the Monday.
    There is nothing fixed yet for SNF which channel five had but I'm told there could be something in the running. If I hear anything will post it.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    NFL doesn't kick off till next week. Sky got Vikings v Saints a week tomorrow to kick it all of. They showing Panthers v Giants and 49ERS V Seahawks on the Sunday.
    ESPN have the big game of the week Ravens V Jets on the Monday.
    There is nothing fixed yet for SNF which channel five had but I'm told there could be something in the running. If I hear anything will post it.
    I knew that as well

Sunday Night Football has been picked up by channel 4, woo hoo!! full article on nfluk website here http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-i...-4-010910.html

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Cheers for that, i see they have the Packers v Cowboys Match

Gamer IDs

Looks like it's going to be another nightmare year trying to follow the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    Sunday Night Football has been picked up by channel 4, woo hoo!! full article on nfluk website here http://www.nfluk.com/news/football-i...-4-010910.html

So the NFL is coming home. This year is just getting better and better. Roll on next week, can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    So the NFL is coming home. This year is just getting better and better. Roll on next week, can't wait.
    Great news.

Think the next week could drag in until I'm at the superdome.

Gamer IDs

Have spent the evening watching Remember the Titans, We Are Marshall and Any Given Sunday and am properly pumped up to watch the Wolverines take on the Huskies tomorrow.

Go BLUE!

Massive Giants fan, can't see us doing anything at all this year tho. I think Baltimore will win it all. They added where they needed in the close season and well...that defence.

Darrelle Revis

What's everyones thoughts regarding the Revis situation. It really looks like we won't be seeing him this season, which is a shame as he is a great player. Can you imagine if a Hibs player was acting like that.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gators look pish

Gamer IDs

Gators look pish
    They're certainly struggling to get any offense going, though I don't think Brantley is to blame - he looks very comfortable at the QB - Pouncey just cannot snap the ball properly - he's to eager to stand upright and block, so he's continually throwing it low!

They don't look themselves, but you can see why they're ranked 4 - clinical when the opportunities present themselves.

Miami (OH) don't look bad - their offense has cost them the 3 scores they're currently down more than their defense. Good field position here in the middle of the 3rd, but Florida's defense look solid.

Gamer IDs

Other Scores

Samford 3-42 Florida State
    Yougstown State 7-30 Penn State
    Miami (OH) 9-21 Florida
    Eastern Illinois 7-30 Iowa
    La Lafayette 7-31 Georgia
    South Caroline State 3-20 Georgia Tech
    Western Michigan 13-35 Michigan State
    Weber State 10-21 Boston College

On Thursday night there were also a few games - not sure why the OSU vs Marshall game or the USC vs Hawaii games weren't broadcast, as they were both on ESPN.

Anyway:

Ohio State 45-7 Marshall
    Florida A&M 0-45 Miami (FL)
    USC 49-36 Hawaii
    Pittsburgh 24-27 Utah

Gamer IDs

Jeffrey Demps - wow, this boy is rediculously fast!

TD Florida, who now lead 27-12.

The inability to snap the ball continues to haunt them though!

Gamer IDs

Florida win 34-12 in the end.

New centre required, as Pouncey is utterly woeful!

Gamer IDs

As usual, an electric atmosphere in the BIGGER House! 109k people packed into Ann Arbor!

Here's hoping for a turn-around in our recent fortunes.

Come on you Wolverines!!!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

As usual, an electric atmosphere in the BIGGER House! 109k people packed into Ann Arbor!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

You grinning from ear to ear yet?

from what i can see, their lookin good

21-0 to Michigan in the 2nd quarter