hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Why we hate the English

Any Scot watching the South Africa v Argentina RWC semi will understand precisely why we hate the Engerlish. Not one minute or move goes by without the commentators referring to "Johnny this, Johnny that ", poor ol' Josh Lucy" Engerland are just "30 mates having a good time".

The incessent DRIVEL coming out of these sad egits during one of the most important sporting events of the year typifies everything hatable about the arrogant English. They can't see beyond the end of their own noses. Their hypocitical and blatantly obvious support of the Argies is also abhorent . They truely are a nation to detest

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! Hibercelona's Avatar
    are they as bad as the Americans?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    I put it oan mute after 1 minute

After their opening gambit about who is gonna face England

Nearly time to watch Michael Palin

@hibs.net private member stu in nottingham's Avatar
    Agree, they should be talking about the game they are commentating on - not wall-to-wall England, (as usual).

So predictable.
    FAITH HOPE LOVE

My Blog:
    The Tears of a Clown

Faxed Back to Kaunas
    I don't hate the English. Never have.

Their inane drivel is ruining the game - ITV should be ashamed of their biased coverage. When the Scottish guys on Setanta commentate on the Bundesliga they actually commentate on the match, and german football in general. I know England are in the final, but please allow neutrals to enjoy the other semi.

First Team Breakthrough EastStandHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont hate em either, I DETEST THEM

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Naw PSN ID: Naw Wii Code: Naw
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeTechnoHibby View Post
    I put it oan mute after 1 minute

After their opening gambit about who is gonna face England

Nearly time to watch Michael Palin
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex B View Post
    Michael Palin's English and I like him

Hate the English media though

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey K View Post
    Their inane drivel is ruining the game - ITV should be ashamed of their biased coverage. When the Scottish guys on Setanta commentate on the Bundesliga they actually commentate on the match, and german football in general. I know England are in the final, but please allow neutrals to enjoy the other semi.
    Put it oan mute then

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandHibby View Post
    I dont hate em either, I DETEST THEM
    On the bright side at least the SA performance should put their gas at a peep(even a tiny bit) for the rest of the week.And surely it makes next weeks final even more funny, ala a penalty shooy out in a semi final

Cheating english video ref, no danger that was a try.

Makes for a more exiting 2nd half though.

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    Cheating english video ref, no danger that was a try.

Makes for a more exiting 2nd half though.
    Agreed. The Argie BOUNCED the ball in touch The Engish "commentators" are creaming themselves over the possibility of an Argentinian comeback. Oh, and what about the switched ball conspiratory against " Johnny". I'm keep the sound turned up cause it just reconfirms that I want NOTHING to do with these embarrasing English clowns. Sooner the SNP turn the screw the better

That minute of commentary, "joke" and all, was utterly cringe worthy.

Sod all this defining our feelings towards England - as a sporting entity and nation they are utterly despisable.

It's quite boring to read all this drivel about hating all the English tbh, claiming us all to be arrogant and what not. It's nice to see that you think we're all the same.

Left by mutual consent!
    We're just a back water to them. Waste land with mountains and streams. Cauld, wet and miserable. Lets face it, we are second class in this united kingdom, along with the welsh and the norn oirish. Til we get our independence and stop taking pocket money frae the dirty beggers, we will never be in the same league in their eyes. I don't hate them, i just think that they are doing what any nation would do if they got to a world cup final. It's just that we in this united kingdom who are not of english blood get it rammed doon our throats and it's hard to to swallow. I hope they get gubbed.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Reb View Post
    It's quite boring to read all this drivel about hating all the English tbh, claiming us all to be arrogant and what not. It's nice to see that you think we're all the same.
    Teenage sense like this gives me hope...

The guy who is backing up the commentator is someting else. Sounds like he has been on the p1sh. Even made a comment abount Jonny Wilkinson refering to the grassy knoll and repositary building talking about accuracy of shooting for goal. a bit distasteful.

@hibs.net private member hibby19's Avatar
    Don't hate them. Have english family.

If it was us do you not think we would be arrogant aswell?
    ".....Hearts midfielder Laryea Kingston insists he can fulfil all his dreams at Tynecastle - by winning the SPL and a European trophy.
    The Ghanaian is certain the Jambos will soon become a major power at home and abroad"

@hibs.net private member HiBremian's Avatar
    I suspect anti-English anger is down to the fact that, in this so-called island of nations, we get 90% English coverage of sport rather than British. And the English commentators can't figure out how to address an international (ie Scottish, Welsh, N. Irish and English) audience. So we get the crazy situation where Scotland are playing a vital qualifier yesterday, but we all have to watch bloody Engerland against Estonia. Jeez, would Austrians stand getting only German matches live on Austrian telly rather than Austrian matches?

British media just don't work. All Scottish broadcasters need to be totally independent from doon south, otherwise they're just stirring up all this hatred.

Every Englishman carries the SHAME of 400 years of oppression. Problem is that most are too arrogant to realise it

Quote Originally Posted by EasterRoad4Ever View Post
    Every Englishman carries the SHAME of 400 years of oppression. Problem is that most are too arrogant to realise it
    By that same logic, every British person, including Scots, carries the shame of the excesses of Empire.

By that same logic, we are equally culpable for the death of every innocent person in Iraq.

They truely are a nation to detest
    Moved to Other Sports as this is primarily and should remain a debate about the poor rugby commentary.

Any more blatant racism along the lines above will not be tolerated. Nobody would tolerate some of the statements already posted on here being aimed at more or less any other nationality on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Hibee View Post
    Moved to Other Sports as this is primarily and should remain a debate about the poor rugby commentary.

Any more blatant racism along the lines above will not be tolerated. Nobody would tolerate some of the statements already posted on here being aimed at more or less any other nationality on earth.
    Well said. Some of the stuff on here is embarrassing and obnoxious.

Any Scot watching the South Africa v Argentina RWC semi will understand precisely why we hate the Engerlish. Not one minute or move goes by without the commentators referring to "Johnny this, Johnny that ", poor ol' Josh Lucy" Engerland are just "30 mates having a good time".

The incessent DRIVEL coming out of these sad egits during one of the most important sporting events of the year typifies everything hatable about the arrogant English. They can't see beyond the end of their own noses. Their hypocitical and blatantly obvious support of the Argies is also abhorent . They truely are a nation to detest

You, and those who agree with you sound so insecure.

It surely can't be insecurity relating to your own identity because we as a nation have so much to be proud of, what with our football team.

england are in the final and are awaiting the outcome of this match to see who they will play. It's only natural for the commentators to be slightly "patriotic"

I'm actually quite angry that such pathetic, small minded attitudes such as yours are allowed to present themselves as the general feelings of the scots towards the English.

Attitudes like that give the scots a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    By that same logic, every British person, including Scots, carries the shame of the excesses of Empire.

By that same logic, we are equally culpable for the death of every innocent person in Iraq.
    British Government in London has always and continues to dictate foreign policy. Your point ????

British Government in London has always and continues to dictate foreign policy. Your point ????
    My point is to show up the inanity of your post tarring all Englishmen with the "shame of oppression".

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

at least a couple of people are talking sense. much as i enjoyed Scotland's victory (and indeed the entire qualifying campaign so far), it never fails to drag up all this pathetic flag-waving *****e. and yes, i know people are talking about the rugby here, but i've spent the entire weekend being pissed off by the 'wha's like us' brigade. virtue of the vicious, indeed.

As long as you know that not ALL of us think that way

Quote Originally Posted by hibby19 View Post
    Don't hate them. Have english family.

If it was us do you not think we would be arrogant aswell?
    You bet we would - and the irony of it all is the blanket arrogance (or should I say, ignorance) shown towards English people by some of my fellow Scots in this thread.

Why do some folk use over zealous and blinkered commentators as an excuse to 'hate' a nation

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby D View Post
    As long as you know that not ALL of us think that way
    Definitely not, I have a massive amount of family in Scotland (I'm half Scottish) and there has never been an Scottish v English argument that has gone past being banter that I can remember. Just some silly people in this thread and it's good to see some folk giving them stick for it. I just hope next time I'm up for a game I don't end up sat next to one of them

Left by mutual consent! Ed De Gramo's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Gramo
    At the end of the day, The English are watercannon loving people....

I don't hate them, but I'm not particualry a fan of how they are all up themselves when it comes to biased commentary...

If I was English, i'd cringe every time that buffoon Ian Wright is analysing fitba because it's quite pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Gramo View Post
    At the end of the day, The English are watercannon loving people....
    I don't hate them, but I'm not particualry a fan of how they are all up themselves when it comes to biased commentary...

If I was English, i'd cringe every time that buffoon Ian Wright is analysing fitba because it's quite pathetic
    Ok, before i either praise/kiss/slap/slag you..... gonny put an old man out his misery and translate that particular phrase for me?