hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Andy Bee's Avatar
    Fishin

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough
    I agree with Toaods - Kabaddi is something pretty impressive!!! Used right hack my missus off watching that on the box.....along the lines of "you'd watch any sport not matter how obscure".....

Left by mutual consent! euan moran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chorley_fm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    just gym work, although once (alot) fitter, I fancy looking to join a gym which caters for MMA and BJJ.

I really want to get into it for the fitness side of things, however, I can imagine if you get a chance to 'roll' with someone it gets into your system and becomes away of life.

You only know how good you are as a person if your 'tested'
    It's well worth doing mate. You don't even need to be super fit to start with. The training increases your fitness gradually, and works as well as any fitness workout in the gym IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    dont know if youve ever played raquetball but if youve not you should give it a go, similiar to squash but harder imo
    i cant stand racquetball, a lot of the guys play it in the off season but i just find it infuriating, played squash my whole life. Racquetball on a squash court is even worse than on a racquetball court, have tried em botth and dont rate either im afraid.

they say racquetball is for people who cant hit the squash ball hard enough to warm up a yellow dot (or as otherwise called....GIRLS)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Unicycling, one of the boys at the gym in work is a former british champion

First Team Breakthrough
    Weightlifting - went to Meadowbank to do some weight training during the rugby close season and ended up getting convinced to give it a go (must have been around 13-14 at the time!).

Only did it for around 8 months or so as it ended up taking a back seat once the rugby season started up, was enjoyable though and more difficult than it looks (as much about timing and technique as it is strength).

Was good prep for the rugby though (for a prop anyway), good core strength work and also gave you a good understanding of body mechanics...

P.S. - no jokes about my snatch - I've heard them all...

I really like American Football.

Also like to keep my finger on the pulse when it comes to ladies beach volleyball

Quote Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
    Not exactly "out there" but i have a serious addiction to Baseball! I find myself sitting up watching games on my laptop at 2 in the morning, just to keep tabs with the team i support.

Yeah me too- I've hardly had a decent sleep in weeks. I suppose baseball is considered 'obscure' in the UK but I love it.

The Boston Red Sox are the 'bandwagon' team as far as UK fans go but I'm a New York Yankee and have been since going to a game at Yankee Stadium in 2003.

I also love ice-hockey. Being from Kirkcaldy I follow the Fife Flyers, Britain's oldest team and currently (sadly) being blocked from the top flight through petty politics. I also look out for the results of the Edinburgh Caps- or as I call them 'the wee team' :greegrin

The truly obscure sport I actually play is Floorball, which is huge in Scandinavia but barely known in this country. A cross between ice-hockey and unihoc.

Quote Originally Posted by RichH View Post
    but I'm a New York Yankee and have been since going to a game at Yankee Stadium in 2003.
    Glory hunter

Quote Originally Posted by 7Hero View Post
    Glory hunter

Theres been nae glory since I started following them mate, I promise you

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Deer hunting, absoloutely love it.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Leith View Post
    Deer hunting, absoloutely love it.

Stalking? Or with dogs?

Mine's fencing, specifically epee. (You get to REALLY hurt people.)

Bull Fighting is pretty fun to watch when theres nothing else on!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Stamp View Post
    Ice Hockey. Fantastic game vastly under supported in the UK and particularly Edinburgh.
    Ditto, fantastic weekend for the Caps, and the "action" last night would have resulted in a number of arrests had it happened on a football pitch!

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinCapitals View Post
    Ditto, fantastic weekend for the Caps, and the "action" last night would have resulted in a number of arrests had it happened on a football pitch!
    Old time hockey. Every other team in the league played it last season except the Caps. Now they've cottoned on and you can see the difference.

@hibs.net private member Pheona's Avatar
    Old time hockey. Every other team in the league played it last season except the Caps. Now they've cottoned on and you can see the difference.
    I rather enjoyed watching Voth become intimately acquainted with the plexi glass.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Stalking? Or with dogs?

Mine's fencing, specifically epee. (You get to REALLY hurt people.)

Got to be stalking! Yourself?

Left by mutual consent! PC Stamp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilli View Post
    I rather enjoyed watching Voth become intimately acquainted with the plexi glass.
    There's not much to do with Calgary that I dislike ... but he qualifies! Gives the city a bad name.

It was nice to see Hemingway go toe to toe with him as well ... and it didn't look like he lost!

@hibs.net private member Pheona's Avatar
    There's not much to do with Calgary that I dislike ... but he qualifies! Gives the city a bad name.

It was nice to see Hemingway go toe to toe with him as well ... and it didn't look like he lost!
    voth's toes is about all he could reach , but you are right, Hemmingway didn't miss him. Stefishen wasn't shy either.

Club 12 (2013) Supporter Stokesy's Avatar
    I used to be in the British under 20 judo team and I won the British 18/19 age band championships once.

Quote Originally Posted by euan moran View Post
    It's getting to the stage where I'm beginning to prefer other MMA to football. It's not so much as the sport as the competitors though. Footballers are lazy, greedy wa*kers whilst Mixed Martial Artists are incredibly committed, respectable athletes who make far better role models than most footballers.

Out of interest chorley_fm, do you do any BJJ training, or just gym work?
    I have the same opinion of footballers. I was never that good at judo but some of my mates are world class. The amount of training and dedication they put in for bugger all financial reward is amazing. One of the guys I used to train with is a double European bronze medalist and he works the doors at the weekends to help fund his training.

Allways follow the Snooker when its on, love it.

Same wi the darts

JUST starting to take a SLIGHT interest in Formula 1 now. Theres competition now that Michael Shumacker (sp?) has left, it will be a much more intresting sport. Hamilton and Alonso are making it quite entertaining

DESPISE RUGBY

but NOTHING compares to Football

Left by mutual consent! euan moran's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy View Post
    I used to be in the British under 20 judo team and I won the British 18/19 age band championships once.

I have the same opinion of footballers. I was never that good at judo but some of my mates are world class. The amount of training and dedication they put in for bugger all financial reward is amazing. One of the guys I used to train with is a double European bronze medalist and he works the doors at the weekends to help fund his training.
    Nice . I used to do a bit of Judo myself, but stopped over time as I got into pounding people instead of using technique. Footballers are one of the laziest, most undedicated groups of sportsmen there are, yet their wages are often 100 times those of decent, hardworking sportsmen like boxers, Mix-Martial Artists and athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toaods View Post
    Kabaddi

...can't forgive Channel 4 for cutting it....

........for those of you who are alien to this magical event, think tig and 'chain-ey' if you played that at school. Some clips to open your euyes from the 2007 World Championships here:

http://www.kabaddi.org/2007wkc.htm
    Have a look at the TV listings for More4 and you might get a pleasant surprise!!

Coaching Staff
    I quite enjoyed watching "Wife Carrying" when I was in Denmark. It used to get shown on Swedish TV and it was a kind of assault course that a man carried his woman around.

Truly bizarre.

Im a complete baseball nut.

Fantastic game when you begin to understand how complex it actually is.

used to be really into slamball