hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88

Times You've Been (Particularly) Proud to be a Hibby

And I don't mean so much things that happened on the pitch.

For example, sometimes I like to read the comments under the Sunshine on Leith vid on Youtube - the impact it has on fans of other clubs and even non-football fans is amazing.

Also the way our fans excelled down at Villa Park earlier in the season got such a great reaction as well.

A wee bit of positivity for a Tuesday afternoon

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Every day of my life I am proud to support Hibernian FC. I think one of our greatest recent achievements which makes me feel proud is the Dnipro Kids charity and all it has done and achieved in the last few years in particular.

When we had 'Thank you NHS' on our strips a few seasons ago & donated a proportion of shirt sales to the local NHS charity

@hibs.net private member
    There have been many things over the years which have made me proud to be a follower of Hibernian. But the one above all others would have to be the tremendous work put in by Hibee Steven Carr and his colleagues in helping to get the Dnipro kids to safety.

Kind of on the pitch, but the reaction when Rocky nearly equalised in the Aberdeen 2017 semi final. The knowledge we weren't holders any more, but the appreciation was, ooft, some moment.

The annual Sick Kids visit photos always get me too.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Euan88
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Gnome View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kind of on the pitch, but the reaction when Rocky nearly equalised in the Aberdeen 2017 semi final. The knowledge we weren't holders any more, but the appreciation was, ooft, some moment.
    Yeah 100% - the reaction from our fans at the end of that game was special.

The whole Hands Off Hibs period. Right from the start with the FTB’s press conference until when he pulled the plug. Lots of us fought for the very existence of our club 🙌

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The whole Hands Off Hibs period. Right from the start with the FTB’s press conference until when he pulled the plug. Lots of us fought for the very existence of our club 🙌
    Well said comrade.

@hibs.net private member
    The news he was pulling out of the deal was arguably my proudest moment being a hibs supporter knowing our club was still alive with better times ahead albeit tough times but we got there.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think the club and fans did Ron Gordon proud with the tribute to him. It was a very special moment, despite the best efforts of the away supporters.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

When I realised the other options.

@hibs.net private member
    I think seeing the posts and pictures of Dementia meeting groups always tug at my heart strings, add the Christmas dinners to that too. Volunteers making a difference to peoples lives at Easter Road stadium is just class

Im sure we will all know someone who has dementia or who have fallen on hard times

A club with class

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Since I bought my first Hibs scarf 64 years ago.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Opening Easter Road to the Community on Christmas Day.

Hands off Hibs

Dnipro Kids

Readibg about the club's birth as a charitable organisation and the influence it had (two other major Scottish club's can thank us for their existance).

Promising Youngster
    Yes - this for me

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The whole Hands Off Hibs period. Right from the start with the FTB’s press conference until when he pulled the plug. Lots of us fought for the very existence of our club
    Yep, incredible what ordinary, no actually exceptional Hibs supporters did at a very worrying time, supporting efforts and getting proper news was difficult for ex pat Hibbies in a different media age.

We owe the folk that took direct action, and not so direct a great debt for their part in demonstrating the depth of feeling that existed and exists for this club, it ultimately convinced a non footballing man in Sir Tom Farmer that the Hibs community and club was worth helping preserve.

Oh, and I am pretty proud that we don't have a list of shame like the charity thieves very own creditors list.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

I always feel a wee swell of pride when you see players and coaches giving up their time at Christmas to help at the HCF lunches. Same with the visits to the Sick Kids in December. My sister is a nurse there and said last year a fair few player stayed long after they were obliged to and after the cameras had left to chat, pose for more photos, sign autographs etc. I know other clubs do the same but for me the community side is a huge part of what we should be all about.

For a more personal one and less Hibs as a club more Hibs as a community one the hibs.net sponsorship of the girls academy. I was in Asda at the Jewel the other week and saw a group of about 5 or 6 girls all in their matching kits with the site logo front and centre. The girls wore a mish mash of different kits for years and seeing them all looking the part with a proper uniform look across the board had me grinning from ear to ear.

Random one on a terrible day - Scottish Cup final 2021. Seeing Hibs tops all over Edinburgh from the morning onwards was a magic feeling. Pretty sure they would be all in hiding by 5pm mind you.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Hands off Hibs and winning league cup after that.

Watching sunshine on Leith at the Scottish cup final. There is no better football anthem

Coaching Staff
    When at the age of 72, 10,000 kilometres from Edinburgh I am wearing my now daily attire of a Hibs top of some kind in a pub or club, and someone recognises the strip and strikes up a conversation.

Watching sunshine on Leith at the Scottish cup final. There is no better football anthem

Hibs and our SOL renditions often get praised on the socials by celebrities etc with huge followings. Always a proud moment.

https://twitter.com/JKCorden/status/963647404573691905

https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/sta...086721?lang=en

https://twitter.com/LennoxLewis/stat...-lewis-9592995
    Last edited by Since452; 25-04-2024 at 08:43 AM.

Scottish Cup Final 2013 vs the Green and grey hoops. Atmosphere in the last 10 minutes would've had you believing we were 3-1 up, whilst they sat on their hands and, in certain cases, left the stadium at the same time as us!!!?!

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Scottish Cup Final 2013 vs the Green and grey hoops. Atmosphere in the last 10 minutes would've had you believing we were 3-1 up, whilst they sat on their hands and, in certain cases, left the stadium at the same time as us!!!?!

I remember a few years later they beat us at hampden in the league cup semi final (might have been 4-2?) And there was barely a celebration from them at getting to another final. The most half arsed YNWA effort ever.

I would absolutely hate to be an Old Firm fan. Supporting hibs is a bit of a hard shift at times but supporting one of them must be the most joyless existence

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I think we were just happy we didn't lose 5-1 again

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I think we were just happy we didn't lose 5-1 again
    I'm surprised we were ever allowed to enter the Scottish Cup that season with us being dead as a club

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    When at the age of 72, 10,000 kilometres from Edinburgh I am wearing my now daily attire of a Hibs top of some kind in a pub or club, and someone recognises the strip and strikes up a conversation.
    I'm pretty sure Sydney is a bit further away than 10,000 kilometres Fred. Certainly feels like it when you fly there.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Hibs and our SOL renditions often get praised on the socials by celebrities etc with huge followings. Always a proud moment.

https://twitter.com/JKCorden/status/963647404573691905

https://twitter.com/rustyrockets/sta...086721?lang=en

https://twitter.com/LennoxLewis/stat...-lewis-9592995
    Couple of awful people you’ve quoted there to be fair 😂 Lennox seems a good lad though

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Couple of awful people you’ve quoted there to be fair 😂 Lennox seems a good lad though
    Yeah was thinking that 😂