hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suppose one of the questions should be, are English referees as corrupt as Scottish officials? In my opinion, no, they're just in competent.
    I mean, some of them are literally working on the side for owners of clubs in the league.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I think the fact that they've pointed out the VAR official was '...a Luton Town fan...' crosses a threshold. I'm all for calling out incompetence where it raises its head, but that is suggesting a self-preserving agenda that infers full-blown corruption. Without actual evidence, that's at the very least 'bringing the game into disrepute' for me.
    They may not have worded it well but they pointed out before the match and before all this was in the spotlight that the VAR might have a shocker and they did,

Might be rubbish though was told by someone yesterday that Atwell is a season ticket holder at Kenilworth Road which if true Forrest were well within their rights to bring this up before the game ( which they did ) .

Remember Man U not been too happy about this guy refereeing one of their games last year and they were right to do so as well .

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...57266-20230407

Fair play to any referee for being honest in saying who he supports though it then becomes a matter for whoever is assigning the referees to games to avoid a conflict of interest .

Been saying for quite some time both Walsh and Beaton shouldn't be allowed to referee Sevco games or games that might have any bearing for them .

Sadly though I don't think it's just two now that have a fondness for the Huns .

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Might be rubbish though was told by someone yesterday that Atwell is a season ticket holder at Kenilworth Road which if true Forrest were well within their rights to bring this up before the game ( which they did ) .

Remember Man U not been too happy about this guy refereeing one of their games last year and they were right to do so as well .

https://www.sportbible.com/football/...57266-20230407

Fair play to any referee for being honest in saying who he supports though it then becomes a matter for whoever is assigning the referees to games to avoid a conflict of interest .

Been saying for quite some time both Walsh and Beaton shouldn't be allowed to referee Sevco games or games that might have any bearing for them .

Sadly though I don't think it's just two now that have a fondness for the Huns .
    It's mandatory in England to disclose who you support, and then officials are assigned accordingly. Liverpool fans never ref Everton games etc.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    It's mandatory in England to disclose who you support, and then officials are assigned accordingly. Liverpool fans never ref Everton games etc.
    Is there a statistically unlikely number that support their local non-league team?

Many Toffees would dispute that!

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Nothing will change until we get the audio as it happens. There must be clear communication.

Rugby has had it for years!
    Agree definitely needs to come in especially up here

Referees should be sponsored by a club. That way affiliation is up front and known.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Seems like a decent practice to have. Perhaps something we could adopt?

Oh wait.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i see ref of the moment Attwell has been chosen as one of the VAR refs at the Euro's

wonder who he will show favouritism towards :)

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Oh wait.
    But who would referee the Partick Thistle games?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    But who would referee the Partick Thistle games?
    Or St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i see ref of the moment Attwell has been chosen as one of the VAR refs at the Euro's

wonder who he will show favouritism towards :)
    Luton got any players at the Euro's? 😆

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I think the fact that they've pointed out the VAR official was '...a Luton Town fan...' crosses a threshold. I'm all for calling out incompetence where it raises its head, but that is suggesting a self-preserving agenda that infers full-blown corruption. Without actual evidence, that's at the very least 'bringing the game into disrepute' for me.
    But what if it’s true ? How do you call it out from outwith - or even whistleblow from within, if someone was brave enough - without simply saying what you see ? Is free honest speech truly dead ? Sad, if so.

IIRC, at the Hibs AGM, there was an ex-referee who asked questions about refereeing decisions and seemed to know the SFA Head of Referee Operations well. It would be good to get his views on referees in Scotland, if he posts on here, and their alleged bias.

Quote Originally Posted by cubehindthegoal View Post
    But what if it’s true ? How do you call it out from outwith - or even whistleblow from within, if someone was brave enough - without simply saying what you see ? Is free honest speech truly dead ? Sad, if so.
    Assuming Clattenberg would likely know who he supported

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Luton got any players at the Euro's? 😆
    regular keeper Kaminski is in the Belgium squad, been getting quite high player ratings for his club recently

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post

Oh wait.
    Population, the number and size of clubs and the number of experienced Grade 1 officials are all things that make it far more difficult in Scotland to effect that practice.
    So in a population of 60 million it's far easier for the super rich EPL and FA to have enough quality referees so they are not reffing a team they may have supported in the past.
    In Scotland a nation of 5 million, 4 decent sized cities, 2 disproportionally giant clubs it's far more difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    regular keeper Kaminski is in the Belgium squad, been getting quite high player ratings for his club recently
    Didn't think they'd have one in fairness .👍

It’s regularly posted on here that ex players should get involved in refereeing. Now it seems referees should say who they support and not be involved in games that affect that club even if they’re not playing in that game. It’ rubbish really.Clattenburg would rather suggest bias rather than admit that like a lot of referees he was incompetent. I look forward to Paul Hanlon smoothing our way to top of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It’s regularly posted on here that ex players should get involved in refereeing. Now it seems referees should say who they support and not be involved in games that affect that club even if they’re not playing in that game. It’ rubbish really.Clattenburg would rather suggest bias rather than admit that like a lot of referees he was incompetent. I look forward to Paul Hanlon smoothing our way to top of the league.
    Watched this on sky sports about an ex player becoming a referee , played with us too though can't really remember the guy .He's from Edinburgh too so was wondering is he a Hibby ?.
    https://www.skysports.com/watch/vide...come-a-referee

Watched this on sky sports about an ex player becoming a referee , played with us too though can't really remember the guy .He's from Edinburgh too so was wondering is he a Hibby ?.
    With all his connections he’d never find a game to referee up here-particularly any that have put a few goals past him.

Yeah he was brought in as back up for a little while If I remember correctly he was part of the "Venga bus" crew.

Sent from my SM-A426U1 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Yep he is a hibby. A video of him went viral a few years ago as he did one of these stupid flash mob things in New York to propose.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Yep he is a hibby. A video of him went viral a few years ago as he did one of these stupid flash mob things in New York to propose.
    The West coast mafia will erect a garden shed in the car park and put an old black & white TV in and tell him he is in charge of VAR.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Clough used to like a brown envelope in his day.

I thought Forrest had 3 very good cases for penalties though Dermot Gallagher doing his best not to go against a fellow official.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...20change%20him.
    None of them are penalties. Just get on with the game FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    None 😂

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    You don't work for VAR in Scotland so you?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk