hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nottingham Forest Statement

Have Nottingham Forest gone too far with their statement ? , Or is it just a case of enough is enough after they've claimed that it's happening to them week after week. Surely they'll have evidence to back up their claims that Atwell is in fact a Luton fan .

I see they've now released another statement formally requesting the VAR Audio to be released publicly. Interesting to see how this pans out .

I think the English FA will probably hammer them for it though when you think how much it could cost them you can understand their anger at the dreadful decisions they've been getting.

Which I suppose is much like our own situation this season too .

Why has things seemingly got worse since the introduction of VAR when it was supposed to help and improve the game ? .

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ttwell-9240089

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...ingham-forest/
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 22-04-2024 at 04:43 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Think it has to happen. Far too many apologies. Arsenal Vs Brentford incident last season. Liverpool Vs Spurs one this season. The refs freelancing in the middle east is very dodgy. It's been a terrible couple of years for refs in England.

Goes back to the conversations we've had on this forum about our own gripes with decisions. VAR has only highlighted the ineptitude of a lot of officials.

But VAR itself is part of the problem, before VAR we'd all have a moan at decisions and perhaps move on depending on the severity of it (Griffiths ghost goal took a while to get over for example). Now though we expect a flawless perfect game from our own perspective on the rules, and I'm not sure we're ever going to get that. Even when sitting around a table at a pub not everyone even agrees on decisions.

I don't see how it gets better other than ditching VAR but it doesn't really solve the ineptitude problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think it has to happen. Far too many apologies. Arsenal Vs Brentford incident last season. Liverpool Vs Spurs one this season. The refs freelancing in the middle east is very dodgy. It's been a terrible couple of years for refs in England.
    And a horrific century for ones in Scotland

I thought Forrest had 3 very good cases for penalties though Dermot Gallagher doing his best not to go against a fellow official.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...20change%20him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    I think the fact that they've pointed out the VAR official was '...a Luton Town fan...' crosses a threshold. I'm all for calling out incompetence where it raises its head, but that is suggesting a self-preserving agenda that infers full-blown corruption. Without actual evidence, that's at the very least 'bringing the game into disrepute' for me.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Have Nottingham Forest gone too far with their statement ? , Or is it just a case of enough is enough after they've claimed that it's happening to them week after week. Surely they'll have evidence to back up their claims that Atwell is in fact a Luton fan .

I see they've now released another statement formally requesting the VAR Audio to be released publicly. Interesting to see how this pans out .

I think the English FA will probably hammer them for it though when you think how much it could cost them you can understand their anger at the dreadful decisions they've been getting.

Which I suppose is much like our own situation this season too .

Why has things seemingly got worse since the introduction of VAR when it was supposed to help and improve the game ? .

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...ttwell-9240089

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/20...ingham-forest/
    Always cheated, never defeated is something that shouldn't be heard from clubs. Nae class.

I see someone replied below the first article

''Do not forget that Forest are only in the PL because of 2 very dodgy penalty decisions v Huddersfield in the play off final. Off course the previous manager's father is a top referees' official which no doubt helped. Perhaps dubious owners in glasshouses should not throw stones for all sorts of reasons''

The EPL is a corrupt and dysfunctional money and power sick mess now with endless statements from rich clubs and their high paid lawyers are never far away just in case someone tries to control their manipulations of right and wrong.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-04-2024 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    I think the fact that they've pointed out the VAR official was '...a Luton Town fan...' crosses a threshold. I'm all for calling out incompetence where it raises its head, but that is suggesting a self-preserving agenda that infers full-blown corruption. Without actual evidence, that's at the very least 'bringing the game into disrepute' for me.
    Agree, clubs mud slinging like that isn’t really good enough unless you have concrete evidence. Clubs would be up in arms in the league were making statements about them without any proof

Coaching Staff
    3 penalty claims of which only 1 was a definite, 1 a maybe aye, maybe naw and 1 a definite no.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Always cheated, never defeated is something that shouldn't be heard from clubs. Nae class.

I see someone replied below the first article

''Do not forget that Forest are only in the PL because of 2 very dodgy penalty decisions v Huddersfield in the play off final. Off course the previous manager's father is a top referees' official which no doubt helped. Perhaps dubious owners in glasshouses should not throw stones for all sorts of reasons''

The EPL is a corrupt and dysfunctional money and power sick mess now with endless statements from rich clubs and their high paid lawyers are never far away just in case someone tries to control their manipulations of right and wrong.
    This is the problem. All this mudslinging. Ah but this decision and that decision. Reality is, the refs are not fit for purpose across the board. There is awful game changing/ season altering errors happening every week despite a dozen angles and replays. Its embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I thought Forrest had 3 very good cases for penalties though Dermot Gallagher doing his best not to go against a fellow official.

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...20change%20him.
    I agree with Gallagher. As he says the referee should have been called across by VAR to look at the 3rd incident which would have resulted in a penalty.
    The interesting bit is when they are looking at the second incident, the handball, and he says in Scotland all such incidents are given as penalties but not in England.
    I would prefer if we adopted the English threshold for handball penalties. There are far to many given.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I could argue against every penalty ever awarded against Hibs and could argue a case for awarding Hibs penalties for the softest of claims.

If I was a referee I couldn’t be trusted to officiate a game involving Hibs, and by the same token, I couldn’t be trusted to officiate a game involving Hearts.
    Last edited by Carheenlea; 22-04-2024 at 07:30 PM.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I could argue against every penalty ever awarded to Hibs and could argue a case for awarding Hibs penalties for the softest of claims.

If I was a referee I couldn’t be trusted to officiate a game involving Hibs, and by the same token, I couldn’t be trusted to officiate a game involving Hearts.
    so many 'interesting' conversations in the pub based on that :

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ridiculous statement. The media chat should’ve been all about how they were absolutely sawn off on 3 penalty decisions. It’s now about them being ********s.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    I agree with Gallagher. As he says the referee should have been called across by VAR to look at the 3rd incident which would have resulted in a penalty.
    The interesting bit is when they are looking at the second incident, the handball, and he says in Scotland all such incidents are given as penalties but not in England.
    I would prefer if we adopted the English threshold for handball penalties. There are far to many given.
    Can't say I did agree with Gallagher . I thought all 3 were penalties tbh .

I would be of the opinion that the handball would be given more times than not in England as going by the letter of the law his arm was in an unnatural position.

Handball rule hasn't helped the game and has only complicated things much like the offside rule too imo .

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Didn't think the handball was a penalty, how is he supposed to get his hand out the way, the 1st was possibly a penalty and the other was a definite, thought the statement was OTT

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    They're on dangerous ground I would think. They have a point but to call out the integrity of the VAR official is pretty serious. He may be a Luton fan but they are saying that he can't do his job impartially which means he's corrupt. If Hudson Odoi missed an easy chance for them v Chelsea would they say his mistake was down to him being a Chelsea fan? Somehow doubt it.

Odd as I think the blatant bias and corruption in Scotland needs called out and addressed but not sure Forest are victims of anything more than bad officiating. Clattenberg being at the club makes it interesting - does he go along with them calling out his former professionals as corrupt? Or is he behind it?! Lawyers will be all over this.
    Last edited by Baader; 22-04-2024 at 08:51 PM.

Do Scottish refs declare who they support ?

I’m all for the Scottish refs being investigated as they have been awful and some decisions shocking.

Also ALL audio should be available for any decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Do Scottish refs declare who they support ?
    It's the first question asked during the recruitment process so that they can ensure only Huns are selected.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    A statement, released on Monday afternoon, read: “Nottingham Forest has today submitted a formal request to the PGMOL to release into the public domain the audio recordings between officials during yesterday’s match against Everton at Goodison Park.

“The club has requested this be shared for three key match incidents - Ashley Young’s challenge on Giovanni Reyna (24th minute), Ashley Young’s handball (44th minute) and Ashley Young’s challenge on Callum Hudson-Odoi (56th minute).

did he have a good game

My thoughts exactly.

We’ve all drafted that e-mail and been told by a partner not to hit “send” until we’ve had a chance to sleep on it.

That statement was put out when we’d still be a foaming, incensed rage having left Easter Road and not yet reached the comfort of the pub.

It was so poorly handled, the fact they might have actually have had a point gets lost a bit.

Don’t forget Forest have ex ref Clattenburg as their ref analysts so w he will know some info of what goes on and who each ref supports etc.

So does anyone know if Scottish refs are transparent about who they support or it is just all hush hush…???

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

We’ve all drafted that e-mail and been told by a partner not to hit “send” until we’ve had a chance to sleep on it.

That statement was put out when we’d still be a foaming, incensed rage having left Easter Road and not yet reached the comfort of the pub.

It was so poorly handled, the fact they might have actually have had a point gets lost a bit.
    Smacks exactly of that and just looks very unprofessional. Bit like the Huns "beggars belief."

First Team Breakthrough
    Sometimes you need to do what's necessary to bring attention to the situation. I feel for them because if that was the old firm in Scotland then all three would have been given. Instead they were treated with the same contempt that non-old firm teams up here are. Ashley Young also has some cheek posting "cry me a river" on twitter and he should be mightily relieved after that performance.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    Don’t forget Forest have ex ref Clattenburg as their ref analysts so w he will know some info of what goes on and who each ref supports etc.

So does anyone know if Scottish refs are transparent about who they support or it is just all hush hush…???
    No need for transparency in Scotland. They all support Sevco and have scarves and lodge numbers to prove it.

I suppose one of the questions should be, are English referees as corrupt as Scottish officials? In my opinion, no, they're just in competent.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Allant1981 View Post
    Didn't think the handball was a penalty, how is he supposed to get his hand out the way, the 1st was possibly a penalty and the other was a definite, thought the statement was OTT
    I thought the handball and the 3rd one were clearly pens

His arm was about as wide as it could be and stopped the ball reaching Chris wood on the 6 yard box

One of them I expect to be immediately given

Defenders cannot and should not be going about imitating birds in the 18 yard box

Imagine that's the last minute in the derby and Kyle rowles does the same - I doubt anyone on here would take the "can see why it wasn't given" lind

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    I suppose one of the questions should be, are English referees as corrupt as Scottish officials? In my opinion, no, they're just in competent.
    Well the one of var had a vested Interest apparently so you never know

Interesting if the FA put him at the city ground next week

Nothing will change until we get the audio as it happens. There must be clear communication.

Rugby has had it for years!

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I thought the handball and the 3rd one were clearly pens

His arm was about as wide as it could be and stopped the ball reaching Chris wood on the 6 yard box

One of them I expect to be immediately given

Defenders cannot and should not be going about imitating birds in the 18 yard box

Imagine that's the last minute in the derby and Kyle rowles does the same - I doubt anyone on here would take the "can see why it wasn't given" lind

It's very difficult to keep arms in by your side when you are turning and running though, but they have been given plenty of times so probably should have been given