Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dundee United, probably.
    Maybe Ayr Utd

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    You know that pic is fake? Not sure why someone would make it up but 100% fake just look at his and Sergio heads.
    Surely no.

What’s wrong with their heads? The other people in the photo are funny looking too but I just assumed they were from Dundee

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    You know that pic is fake? Not sure why someone would make it up but 100% fake just look at his and Sergio heads.
    Somebody better let the photographer know his photo is 100% fake.

https://snsgroupportal.co.uk/fotoweb...a4a20fb8d7f3b9

It's not. It's just very weirdly edited.

https://www.gettyimages.co.uk/detail...?adppopup=true

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Been told it was Ross Graham
    A left sided central defender? I never thought I’d see the day.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    A left sided central defender? I never thought I’d see the day.
    Just go out and get Jason Kerr. Really hope we're at least making an enquiry.

McKirdy back at hibs this week and is injured Scored one goal for Swindon on loan
    it’s hard to see us managing to move him on in the summer apart from another loan move

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    We probably need 3 CBs.

Graham looked a promising young player but then seemed to lose his way. If we were interested in him, it would be a cheap punt to hope that he develops into something. Presumably though we'd need to pay a development fee. Can't see him being someone we're interested in tbh.

If we could get Kerr at the levels he was previously in Scotland, he'd be a no brainer.

What about Lorraine's? Looks a bit sketchy too

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post

Well I absoloutly take it back, looking at the pic on twitter it looked like the heads were imposed on another body haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    Been told it was Ross Graham
    Decent source?

Graham is a bit of a weird one.

Came through a couple of years ago and everyone was raving about him and then he completely vanished.

Even this season don’t think he’s played a huge amount but has started the last 4 or 5 games and got alot of praise.

Not sure he’d be much of an improvement, if any, on what we’ve got. The only thing in his favour is he’s left footed.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Surely no.

What’s wrong with their heads? The other people in the photo are funny looking too but I just assumed they were from Dundee
    What about Lorraine Kelly’s head? 😄

Ross Graham should be getting looked at. Bit raw but big aggressive left central defender

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Surely no.

Yup all heads look like they could have been photoshopped in, I can't tell...lmao

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Is Luke McCowan Dundee a possibility guys ?

Haven’t seen much of him but the short limited clips I have seen on Sportscene he looks as though he might be useful if within our budget?

Jason isn't a leftie.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Haven’t seen much of him but the short limited clips I have seen on Sportscene he looks as though he might be useful if within our budget?
    Yes

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

Undoubtedly had a good season so loads of folk are talking about him, my worry is it's a bit like Mark O'Hara at St Mirren last year and it's just a really good season.

Can't really remember, but was McCowan a standout the season Dundee got relegated?

He has been brilliant this year though and it's probably now you want to sign him as he's likely to make a move somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Decent source?

Came through a couple of years ago and everyone was raving about him and then he completely vanished.

Even this season don’t think he’s played a huge amount but has started the last 4 or 5 games and got alot of praise.

Not sure he’d be much of an improvement, if any, on what we’ve got. The only thing in his favour is he’s left footed.
    Think he has had about 24 games this season. Utd have 4 capable CBs. Goodwin does swap them about. Might be worth watching him tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    That's all far too sensible! I must admit.....I'm still in the frame of mind where Monty deserves slated for anything and he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. So yeah I'm inclined to be harsh.

I do think his use of subs has been a massive issue for him all season and has contributed to us missing out on top 6. Not that Mayenda was the missing link though.
    In the order of fairness I do think at times he's got the subs wrong , the Ross county game springs to mind when we were leading 2-0 at ER were the changes cost us as one example.

Though there's been other times when watching games when I thought it's about time the manager changed things only to see what's on the bench like the 1-0 defeat to St Johnstone when our bench was , Doidge , Hanlon, Wollacott, Stevenson , Molotnikov , Whittaker, landers , or the hertz 1-1 game were we had Whittaker, Molotnikov,Delferriere, Stevenson , Harbottle, Rocky, Campbell, Doidge .

Apart from possibly Doidge in the first one and him and Campbell in the 2nd there's not too many options Monty's had in some games either to change it for the better . Imo it was the same alot of the time last year too.

The Mayenda one is strange though as I said maybe there's something else going on there as in training , not settling in ? , who knows . Must have something about him though when Sunderland spent a million and give him a 5 year deal though .

I fully understand why fans would be harsh on the manager as it's simply just not been good enough by far this season though it's been a struggle for the last few years now which is why I'm probably in a minority that would like to see the current manager gets the summer to have a clear out and recruit who he wants .

Will it work out? , I honestly don't know but I think a new manager would be just as big a gamble and he'd probably have to do what this ones going to have to do now anyhow though probably Monty is in a better position than a new guy would be at this stage .

Interesting article here with ex Hibs player McNamara views on Monty .

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...ration-4604348

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Jason isn't a leftie.
    Graham LCB and Kerr RCB. Sorted, well after we sign another, sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    We probably need 3 CBs.

Graham looked a promising young player but then seemed to lose his way. If we were interested in him, it would be a cheap punt to hope that he develops into something. Presumably though we'd need to pay a development fee. Can't see him being someone we're interested in tbh.

If we could get Kerr at the levels he was previously in Scotland, he'd be a no brainer.
    Development fees are usually about £400k and we already have centre halves Bushiri, Harbottle, McClelland and Blaney are contracted for next season with Bevan likely to arrive on loan from Bournemouth. Another young development centre half in Graham is not what we need unless others move on although as we know we hate a ''bargain''.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 26-04-2024 at 01:30 PM.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Development fees are usually about £400k and we already have centre halves Bushiri, Harbottle, McClelland and Blaney contracted for next season with Bevan likely to arrive on loan from Bournemouth. Another young development player in Graham is not what we need unless others move on.
    Would we need to pay a development fee for Graham? He's 23 and out of contract this summer I'm sure.

Undoubtedly had a good season so loads of folk are talking about him, my worry is it's a bit like Mark O'Hara at St Mirren last year and it's just a really good season.

Can't really remember, but was McCowan a standout the season Dundee got relegated?

He has been brilliant this year though and it's probably now you want to sign him as he's likely to make a move somewhere.
    Think mccowan has always been a really good player, going back to his days at Ayr.

Think with Dundee last season he was more used off the right hand side, where as this season he’s excelled through the middle

Think he has had about 24 games this season. Utd have 4 capable CBs. Goodwin does swap them about. Might be worth watching him tonight.
    Fair enough, tbf I only looked at league appearances which was 16 👍🏻

Would we need to pay a development fee for Graham? He's 23 and out of contract this summer I'm sure.
    You've got me there, I was following the previous posters comment and hadn't considered he or she could be wrong

The rule is that ''compensation shall be payable to the former club of a player only where the player
    concerned is registered with his new club at or before the end of the first season in
    which the player concerned reaches, will reach or shall have reached the age of 23''

I think the word at means compensation is due if we registered him in the summer but it's not the easiest to work out the cut off point from the text
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 26-04-2024 at 02:09 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    My Dundee Utd supporting mate isn’t a fan.

Said he looked good when he broke through but has only played as cover this season due to having a lot of injuries. If everyone was fit, he wouldn’t be starting.

Quote Originally Posted by PHeffernan View Post
    Development fees are usually about £400k and we already have centre halves Bushiri, Harbottle, McClelland and Blaney are contracted for next season with Bevan likely to arrive on loan from Bournemouth. Another young development centre half in Graham is not what we need unless others move on although as we know we hate a ''bargain''.
    The points I was trying to make….

* Graham ain’t that good, so hopefully we’d only want him as a squad option
    * if we have to pay a development fee, it’s therefore not worth the risk
    * we need 3 CBs. Two starters and one more to compete with Rocky as back ups. Anything else and we’re setting up for failure again.

Personally I think McClelland and Harbottle will be away on loan or hopefully perm. I don’t see any guarantee that Bevan will be back either.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Decent source?

Yeah very good source, but from Utd. He’s a United fan and imagine he’ll be offered a new deal there but Hibs are interested.

@hibs.net private member
    Jason isn't a leftie.
    We need at least 2 CBs