hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought about Robbie McCrorie but then saw how many games he's played in 10 years, hes 26. Only six appearances for the stickies. You wonder if he regrets signing that new deal when he did.
    Easy money being a back up keeper though. Same with Siegrist at Celtic. Don't think he's even played as much as McCrorie, halfway through a four year deal I'm sure. Would have loved us to sign him at one point.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzjw1875 View Post
    Firstly sorry if this is posted elsewhere, was just wondering with the recent board statement regarding looking over the end of season and possible changes perhaps inc NM, where this will out us interms of recruitment? I'm thinking this could perhaps damage and potential incoming/ conversations had with players or do these days players not really care..
    Under our current structure NM is the Head Coach, it shouldn't matter who we sign/move on, if he was manager his current position may cast some doubt on transfers but we should be able to press on with our plans.

McDermott is the head of the football department he should be responsible for signings, footballing philosophies etc, including the head coach to fit this criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    I thought about Robbie McCrorie but then saw how many games he's played in 10 years, hes 26. Only six appearances for the stickies. You wonder if he regrets signing that new deal when he did.
    3rd choice goalie is one of the best jobs in the world.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    3rd choice goalie is one of the best jobs in the world.
    I'm sure I read somewhere about the Man United 3rd/4th choice keeper who was one of the best paid players in history going by pounds earned/minutes on the park.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Sure we were linked with this guy?
    Although he's not played much and I'm sure it's been mentioned on here he may not be ready for a move.
    https://x.com/robcornthwaite/status/...7vf-vzZtQ&s=09
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 23-04-2024 at 04:29 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Sure we were linked with this guy?
    Although he's not played much and I'm sure it's been mentioned on here he may not be ready for a move.
    https://x.com/robcornthwaite/status/...7vf-vzZtQ&s=09
    Sure someone suggested he wasn’t even ready for the A-League, never mind a move.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Sure someone suggested he wasn’t even ready for the A-League, never mind a move.
    The number of minutes he's had this season would suggest that. Someone must see something in him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere about the Man United 3rd/4th choice keeper who was one of the best paid players in history going by pounds earned/minutes on the park.
    There was meant to be a goalie in Portugal, back up 20 20years and never played a game

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Lyall Cameron
    Daniel Armstrong
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

First Team Regular
    I wonder if we will try get some lorient players especially if they go down. Could imagine a few won't want to play in second division. Need to take a significant wage cut though.
    Last edited by EGL2000; 25-04-2024 at 09:46 AM.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Lyall Cameron
    Daniel Armstrong
    Genuinely think Armstrongs probably out of our range.I would imagine kille would look for around 2 mil, which I think is a fair price. Lyall Cameron is probably going that way as well, maybe just time to nip in before we are priced out after this summer.

It would be great to get a settled squad for awhile , it's one thing the other lot have an advantage on us for awhile now in they just need a few tweaks here and there . We seem to be continually needing a massive rebuild most seasons which isn't helping our cause either.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by EGL2000 View Post
    I wonder if we will try get some lorient players especially if they go down. Could imagine a few won't want to play in second division. Need to take a significant wage cut though.
    Genuinely had no idea they had the ex Man City player who was in jail accused of rape (then found not guilty) Benjamin Mendy. They must be paying some wages. Ex Chelsea and Milan player, Bakayoko as well.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    And I stand by that.

Musa Toure hasn’t started a game in the A League.

There are an increasing number of youngsters leaving the A League and going to Europe too early, only to be sent back on loan a season later.

If he goes to France good luck to him, but I have always thought he was not someone who I would recommend for Hibs to sign.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 25-04-2024 at 12:23 PM.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Genuinely had no idea they had the ex Man City player who was in jail accused of rape (then found not guilty) Benjamin Mendy. They must be paying some wages. Ex Chelsea and Milan player, Bakayoko as well.
    Ironically enough, one of Mendy’s team mates at Lorient is called Bonke Innocent.

Nowhere near enough is made of that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    And I stand by that.

Musa Toure hasn’t started a game in the A League.

There are an increasing number of youngsters leaving the A League and going to Europe too early, only to be sent back on loan a season later.

If he goes to France good luck to him, but I have always thought he was not someone who I would recommend for Hibs to sign.
    What happened to the guy who signed for Newcastle and went to Hearts on loan. Capped at a young age for Australia and was highly thought off. Can't remember his name.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    What happened to the guy who signed for Newcastle and went to Hearts on loan. Capped at a young age for Australia and was highly thought off. Can't remember his name.
    Garang Kuol. He's on loan at Volendam in Holland. He's only made 3 sub appearances of about 10 mins each since the start of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Garang Kuol. He's on loan at Volendam in Holland. He's only made 3 sub appearances of about 10 mins each since the start of the year.
    And he looked a great prospect, still young so still time

Mayenda was a strange signing , we haven't seen much of him since he joined . Was reading this and didn't realise Sunderland signed him on a 5 year deal paying a million plus add ons . That's if the article is correct . Probably one I doubt we will try and get back . I would take Triantis though.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/su...-pay-off-view/

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Mayenda was a strange signing , we haven't seen much of him since he joined . Was reading this and didn't realise Sunderland signed him on a 5 year deal paying a million plus add ons . That's if the article is correct . Probably one I doubt we will try and get back . I would take Triantis though.
    It was a weird signing overall.

Selling Doidge and his replacement is a young player who plays off the wing or striker, not an out and out striker or a 9.

The second part of it that was weird imo is that he’s actually looked decent when he’s played, so I don’t know why he’s not been given more of a chance. Especially when you consider Jair etc coming on in his place.

First Team Regular
    Surely we should be aiming for much better than Triantis been brutal at CB and has one decent game in midfield (which was against livi).

Goalkeeper, LB, RB, 3xCB, 5x Midfielders, 2x ST

And a new manager please Santa.

Genuinely think Armstrongs probably out of our range.I would imagine kille would look for around 2 mil, which I think is a fair price. Lyall Cameron is probably going that way as well, maybe just time to nip in before we are priced out after this summer.
    I’d be amazed of anyone would pay a couple of million for Armstrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I’d be amazed of anyone would pay a couple of million for Armstrong.
    I don’t think they would.

But I think that’s what he’s worth to killie so doubt they’ll sell him unless they get it.

Surely we should be aiming for much better than Triantis been brutal at CB and has one decent game in midfield (which was against livi).
    Don't think he's a bad player tbh , more suited to the DM role and while he's not had the best of times playing at CB I did think he was unfortunate on a couple of occasions playing there .

He's young , versatile and I think will get better , Sunderland paid something like 300,000 for him so I don't think we'd have to break the bank to get him if they were willing to let him go , other than that i wouldn't be against another loan deal . Think he'd be a handy player to have.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Don't think he's a bad player tbh , more suited to the DM role and while he's not had the best of times playing at CB I did think he was unfortunate on a couple of occasions playing there .

He's young , versatile and I think will get better , Sunderland paid something like 300,000 for him so I don't think we'd have to break the bank to get him if they were willing to let him go , other than that i wouldn't be against another loan deal . Think he'd be a handy player to have.
    I like Triantis at DM as well. Think he could be a good player for us if we kept a hold of him.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Rod Stewart bigging up Luke McCowan for Smeltic over on X

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    I like Triantis at DM as well. Think he could be a good player for us if we kept a hold of him.
    Triantis is fine as a DM, wouldn't be against him staying again for next season. Think he's more mobile than what we have. Triantis (DM), NMW (box to box) and a new forward thinking player is a good enough midfield. Newell to come in and cover where he can. Still need another as well as a new attacking midfielder. Huge huge rebuild needed this summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Id defo take Traintis fir the Matty Jack role

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Triantis is fine as a DM, wouldn't be against him staying again for next season. Think he's more mobile than what we have. Triantis (DM), NMW (box to box) and a new forward thinking player is a good enough midfield. Newell to come in and cover where he can. Still need another as well as a new attacking midfielder. Huge huge rebuild needed this summer.
    Luke McCowan as box to boxer. More mobile than Joe and scores