hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Is Scott McKenna beyond our means? Out of contract in summer

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mayenda was a strange signing , we haven't seen much of him since he joined . Was reading this and didn't realise Sunderland signed him on a 5 year deal paying a million plus add ons . That's if the article is correct . Probably one I doubt we will try and get back . I would take Triantis though.
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/su...-pay-off-view/
    Another player that Monty has mismanaged. There's been multiple opportunities to give the lad a chance off the bench. The Livi game in particular.

Jair coming on every week instead - absolutely bizarre like most of Monty's subs.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeT View Post
    Is Scott McKenna beyond our means? Out of contract in summer
    Miles beyond our means.

Macaulay langstaff seems to have scored a shedload this season. 69 goals in 89 games he's played

Testimonial Due FastEddieFelson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Another player that Monty has mismanaged. There's been multiple opportunities to give the lad a chance off the bench. The Livi game in particular.

Jair coming on every week instead - absolutely bizarre like most of Monty's subs.
    He came off the bench against Livingston

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    I sent this to my mates the other day. Probably simplistic as **** but feel this is where we find most success

I want us to sign good quality players who are:

1. Up there with the best at their respective spfl premiership/championship team

2. Went down south/elsewhere and lost their way a bit

3. Young Scottish and hungry

Quote Originally Posted by FastEddieFelson View Post
    He came off the bench against Livingston
    Right but he got 12 mins compared to Jair getting 34.

Not sure if he has been mismanaged by Monty or not , maybe there's more to it that we don't see or know ? .

On the Jair situation the last manager didn't play him and got called out for it yet Monty has been giving him a chance and now he's getting called out for it too ! .

Who'd be a manager , right? 😆

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    And he looked a great prospect, still young so still time
    Garang Kuol still needs to be nursed along……incidentally it was Monty who coached him along his journey until he went to Newcastle.

He is though, an example of players leaving the A League too early inho….although in Kuol’s case he undoubtedly chose to go on loan to the wrong club initially for the wrong reasons….if he had chosen Hibs (who also tried to get him) instead of Hearts it could well have worked out differently at the time.

His brother Alou is a similar story……..he too was signed by a German club….Stuggart I think….. from Mariners only to be sent back a year later and Is now playing at Gosford….and it’s a similar story with Rees who is also at Mariners.

Marco Tilio who went to Celtic is back on loan with Melbourne City after playing 28 minutes for Celtic…..27 of them against Hibs btw.

In my opinion his signing by Celtic for a couple of million dollars was a bad one from the word go….again it’s only my opinion, but I didn’t consider him a likely success in Europe anywhere.

From time to time I will suggest players from the A League who I think are good or could be good enough to play for Hibs, but that doesn’t mean that every’up and coming’ youngster falls into that category.

Those that come to Europe and fail…..well that’s not somehow the fault of the A League……it’s the fault mainly of the scouts who obviously got it wrong when evaluating them and brought them over….

Coaching Staff
    Not sure if he has been mismanaged by Monty or not , maybe there's more to it that we don't see or know ? .

On the Jair situation the last manager didn't play him and got called out for it yet Monty has been giving him a chance and now he's getting called out for it too ! .

Exactly!

Read a Sunderland based article on Mayenda the other day which basically said that they didn’t think it was a surprise he wasn’t getting game time at Hibs given his inability to impress at Sunderland…..and hinting that his Sunderland future was very shooglie.

As you touch on,, I guess the manager sees the players in training every day and no doubt forms an opinion on them which leads to them being selected or not selected.

We don’t get to see that.

Not many managers are going to playa player THEY consider a duffer, just so the punters can form an opinion on him.

Not suggesting that IS the reason we haven’t seen much of Myenda, but it’s not a far fetched one I think.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    I sent this to my mates the other day. Probably simplistic as **** but feel this is where we find most success

I want us to sign good quality players who are:

1. Up there with the best at their respective spfl premiership/championship team

2. Went down south/elsewhere and lost their way a bit

3. Young Scottish and hungry
    I want us to sign quality players.

That's all far too sensible! I must admit.....I'm still in the frame of mind where Monty deserves slated for anything and he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. So yeah I'm inclined to be harsh.

I do think his use of subs has been a massive issue for him all season and has contributed to us missing out on top 6. Not that Mayenda was the missing link though.

Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    Exactly!

Read a Sunderland based article on Mayenda the other day which basically said that they didn’t think it was a surprise he wasn’t getting game time at Hibs given his inability to impress at Sunderland…..and hinting that his Sunderland future was very shooglie.

As you touch on,, I guess the manager sees the players in training every day and no doubt forms an opinion on them which leads to them being selected or not selected.

We don’t get to see that.

Not many managers are going to playa player THEY consider a duffer, just so the punters can form an opinion on him.

Not suggesting that IS the reason we haven’t seen much of Myenda, but it’s not a far fetched one I think.
    You might be right there but it begs the question, if that's the case, why the hell we signed him in the first place? Signing players who are crap and then not playing them because of it looks very bad on the recruitment team.
    Last edited by Since452; 26-04-2024 at 09:08 AM.

I think Stuart McKinstry is out of contract in the summer. I wonder if he’s one we’re monitoring, though I’ve no idea now he’s getting on at QP.

That's all far too sensible! I must admit.....I'm still in the frame of mind where Monty deserves slated for anything and he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. So yeah I'm inclined to be harsh.

I do think his use of subs has been a massive issue for him all season and has contributed to us missing out on top 6. Not that Mayenda was the missing link though.
    Subs have been his biggest failing for me. Dreadful.

On Mayenda it was one of those signings we make all the time. A young player that you then hardly see. Was totally predictable how it would go with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    I think Stuart McKinstry is out of contract in the summer. I wonder if he’s one we’re monitoring, though I’ve no idea now he’s getting on at QP.
    Not sure if he's had injuries or not bat looks like he's had 806 minutes this season across all competitions.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I don't know what the appetite at the club is to do this, but I genuinely wouldn't object to a fair bit of budget going towards moving on as many players as we can from the squad to clear the way for a proper rebuild.

I think I saw an article that said we had 18 players out on loan at the moment, that to me seems excessive for a club of our size. We have too many first team players that haven't shown enough this season to think that they'll take us up the league next season, so I would love us to be ruthless and work out ways to move them on.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    https://x.com/dufcway/status/1783643...bl8ISs-zf5CmHg

Montgomery and Sergio at Tannadice at the weekend. Wonder if that was to watch anybody in particular.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post

Montgomery and Sergio at Tannadice at the weekend. Wonder if that was to watch anybody in particular.
    Dundee United, probably.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Edit... I probably should have looked at the picture in the link first 😐👀
    If it was a Utd player and going by the starting 11 it could possibly be the GK Walton , CB Graham or Fotheringham
    Last edited by 04Sauzee; 26-04-2024 at 10:54 AM.

Jack Walton - 26 year old keeper on loan from Luton

Ross Graham - 23 year old left sided centre half, out of contract in summer

Kai Fotheringham - 21 year old forward, 11 league goals

Louis Moult - 17 league goals, better than 1 every 2 games.

Wotherspoon ?

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    Wotherspoon ?
    Cheap pints I suppose.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    Cheap pints I suppose.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

On Mayenda it was one of those signings we make all the time. A young player that you then hardly see. Was totally predictable how it would go with him.
    A complete waste of everyone's time.

We would have been better sticking one of our own youngsters on the bench.

As you say, all too predictable.

My read on it was that Mayenda was only here to replace McKirdy for 6 months as probably a back up option we had no obligation in playing.

Probably all part of a grander plan to get McKirdy out the club in the summer to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    For longer than Monty has been at Hibs, we seem to get worse after each substitution. There's not been many times this season that I can recall a sub coming on, especially when we're losing, and changing the flow of the game in our favour.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    You might be right there but it begs the question, if that's the case, why the hell we signed him in the first place? Signing players who are crap and then not playing them because of it looks very bad on the recruitment team.
    Could have been conditional on getting Triantis on loan….Sunderland wanted him out on loan and when approached could have said “ok you can have Triantis if you take Myenda too’

Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    If it was a Utd player and going by the starting 11 it could possibly be the GK Walton , CB Graham or Fotheringham
    Been told it was Ross Graham

First Team Breakthrough

You know that pic is fake? Not sure why someone would make it up but 100% fake just look at his and Sergio heads.