hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What if you can only make the midweek game? Can you get in for £8
    Yes you can but its £20 to get back out.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    Absolutely ***** schedule for games. 2 away then 2 at home on a Sunday and Wednesday? Clearly Hibs had **** all input over times / dates here.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Im not sure at present we would fill Easter Road for the midweek Motherwell game even if it was free.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I think you’ve totally missed the point I’m making. They can charge whatever they want - we are in the position of where we have absolutely zero to play for because we’re absolutely garbage and have been all season. There will probably be thousands of season ticket holders who simply canny be arsed going which speaks volumes, and this is because as I said we’ve nothing to play for and how bad we’ve been.

Who in their right minds is paying 32 quid for a Sunday meaningless game against Aberdeen. 40 quid for the two of them and what they are is still a rip off IMO.

40 quid is great value if we’re going well and there’s 10/15/20 games left of the season. Right now it’s absolutely not IMO after the dross we’ve been served up this year. I think the fact that folk who have paid for the the games with a season ticket already and will choose to do something else kind of backs that up.
    It's almost like some people can't understand that Ross County and St Johnstone, and to a lesser extent Aberdeen, are deeply embroiled in a battle to stay out of the play off place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    I'd imagine that Cat A games means there need to be more Police present, Hibs will need to pay for that so the tickets are more expensive as a result
    Agreed. Hibs v Aberdeen games from late 80's for a good 15-20 years required a heavier police presence on a par with Hearts and the OF. Not sure that is justified now.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    It's almost like some people can't understand that Ross County and St Johnstone, and to a lesser extent Aberdeen, are deeply embroiled in a battle to stay out of the play off place.
    I thought we were too.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I thought we were too.
    Does that mean that NM has dragged us to depths we haven't experienced since Butcher?

I prefer to think that our 9 point cushion is sufficient not to worry too much about that, there again..........

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I'll probably go along to the Motherwell game, hopefully Hanlon and Stevenson get a run-out.

Dunno if I can arsed with the Aberdeen game too.

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    It is a lot of money but it’s not fair on the season ticket holders who paid their money up front to be penalised by reducing prices to others.

You can’t let people in for less than a season ticket holder paid.

Agree letting u16s in to the game for free…that’s a good idea. 2 good performances and they may become new season ticket holders?

2 big home games for the manager he must know he’s under pressure so we need to finish season positively 🤞🤞
    Why can we not let people in for less than a season ticket holder paid, but we should let under 16s in for free?

Do we not have season ticket holders younger than 16?

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    20 quid for Motherwell at home on a Wednesday night bottom six dead rubber is a fair price?
    Not sure they can price it much cheaper with out season ticket holders crying foul.

J

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    In normal circumstances I agree on the pricing being fair but £40 for what will (hopefully) be complete and utterly meaningless games is, in my humble opinion, a total rip off and rinsing supporters for what they are, especially after what we’ve had to endure with what’s on the park recently.

The management and playing staff have let us down yet again with more mediocrity and the club still want 40 quid for the games. As I said, it’s just another indicator of how out of touch they are with the feelings of the support but considering everything else is money, money, money with them is anyone surprised. I’m no caring how anyone tries to spin it, it’s a piss take. 40 quid to watch that shower of no hopers.

I very much doubt any season ticket holder would have kicked off if we’d even given the tickets away for **** all to the community foundation or something.

Hopefully they sell none as it’s no more than they deserve, I’m sure anyone wanting to go will find a spare season ticket going begging which says it all.
    Thats the cheapest tickets I've seen at ER for a competitive game for a looooong time, probably not since the £15/£5 cup game tickets from about 20 years ago.

If they charge less than what season ticket holders pay for games then who's the winner? Season ticket holders who stump up huge amounts of money season after season getting shafted in the last two games of the season is a non starter surely?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Thats the cheapest tickets I've seen at ER for a competitive game for a looooong time, probably not since the £15/£5 cup game tickets from about 20 years ago.

If they charge less than what season ticket holders pay for games then who's the winner? Season ticket holders who stump up huge amounts of money season after season getting shafted in the last two games of the season is a non starter surely?
    Many season ticket holders aren't going anyway. Personally, I'm not bothered even if they gave these tickets away.

Many season ticket holders aren't going anyway. Personally, I'm not bothered even if they gave these tickets away.
    I agree, maybe the penny will drop with the owners that ST sales will plummet if fans cant even be bothered to turn up for games they've already paid for and walk ups are non existent. They really need to get their act together on the football side pretty quickly rather than trying to squeeze £32 out of people for a meaningless game against Aberdeen.

Does that mean that NM has dragged us to depths we haven't experienced since Butcher?

I prefer to think that our 9 point cushion is sufficient not to worry too much about that, there again..........
    I don't think we will be for a second but others would have you believe different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post

We’ve sold cheap tickets for a couple of St Johnstone games over the last couple of seasons which has led to near sell outs so it shows it does work if what is on the pitch is worth watching.

They also did a game package over Xmas period if I remember correctly which saved walk ups some money. Not sure what the problem is? No one is being shafted.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinity Hibee View Post
    We’ve sold cheap tickets for a couple of St Johnstone games over the last couple of seasons which has led to near sell outs so it shows it does work if what is on the pitch is worth watching.

They also did a game package over Xmas period if I remember correctly which saved walk ups some money. Not sure what the problem is? No one is being shafted.
    No thats true, we have offered some things similar.

Fair enough if ST holders don't care, I don't think the club deserve stick for what is very good pricing for 2 games of football.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Not sure they can price it much cheaper with out season ticket holders crying foul.

J
    I'm sure 90% of season ticket holder would just prefer to see a full stadium and lots of kids getting the chance to go to a game they previously might not have, you are always going to get some people whining but I have no doubt a very vast majority of Season Ticket holders would be fairly behind it

Sounds daft but I'm looking forward to them - being close together means I can make both games with one trip.
    Coming from London makes it hard to make many games so my ST doesn't always get used.

Football wise can't be much worse from what I've seen so far - it was hardly like Hibs were gonna turn into Man City at their best if we made top 6.

I don't think we will be for a second but others would have you believe different.
    Neither do I, but then you concede that the Ross County and St Johnstone fixtures are far from meaningless to them, hence why I pointed out there was a difference in the relevance of the games to the respective fans of each club?

Hibs games are pretty much dead rubbers, St J's and Ross County matches are amongst the key matches of their seasons?

The main reason for the high single ticket price for these dead rubbers is that it dictates what they can charge away supporters.
    So season ticket holders money is already in the bag so the next biggest sum of money to be grabbed is from Aberdeen and Motherwell supporters.
    A little over 1000 Aberdeen supporters is worth £30k which will pay Boylers wages for a month.
    Some tourists will take in a game and some Hibs supporters will pick up the 2 game package.
    Given all of the above I think the club have the prices right.
    Last edited by PHeffernan; 22-04-2024 at 04:11 PM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    The club are obviously trying their best to generate some income between now and the end of this dreadful season but they are going to find it a hard sell indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post
    Sounds daft but I'm looking forward to them - being close together means I can make both games with one trip.
    Coming from London makes it hard to make many games so my ST doesn't always get used.

Football wise can't be much worse from what I've seen so far - it was hardly like Hibs were gonna turn into Man City at their best if we made top 6.
    That's good getting 2 games in one trip including a night game where you are not freezing.

The pricing is fine. If I went to easter road just because i thought we would win anything as a result I would have stopped going years ago. Its just about being there and supporting your team. (unless we're either drawing or losing at halftime, in case we boo the lazy, useless, hearts-of-mice ****ers off the pitch).

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Ross County are charging us £28 which is ridiculous.
    Not a meaningless game for them and I dare say we are Cat A if they have that system. It is 26 quid to sit behind the goals for Motherwell at ER in a dead rubber so not much difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    What if you can only make the midweek game? Can you get in for £8
    Sounds a good idea!

Quote Originally Posted by joe breezy View Post

Am looking forward to them too.

Hibs have given me some of the best days and trips of my life.

I have also made several close friends through watching Hibs over the years.

I remember the club almost dying as if it was yesterday and am grateful we still have a team to watch.

Things are pretty crap just now, not especially crap just routinely so, but it takes more than that to keep me away from the stadium at kick off.

I always try to cling to the belief that things can only get better and I think they are about to.

Two seasons in a row no home game last game of season

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    Two seasons in a row no home game last game of season
    Particularly poor when you have two fantastic servants likely to leave

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Am looking forward to them too.

Hibs have given me some of the best days and trips of my life.

I have also made several close friends through watching Hibs over the years.

I remember the club almost dying as if it was yesterday and am grateful we still have a team to watch.

Things are pretty crap just now, not especially crap just routinely so, but it takes more than that to keep me away from the stadium at kick off.

I always try to cling to the belief that things can only get better and I think they are about to.
    Kind of agree with that. Think the games will be fine when they come around.

Can I borrow some ambition? degenerated's Avatar
    In normal circumstances I agree on the pricing being fair but £40 for what will (hopefully) be complete and utterly meaningless games is, in my humble opinion, a total rip off and rinsing supporters for what they are, especially after what we’ve had to endure with what’s on the park recently.

The management and playing staff have let us down yet again with more mediocrity and the club still want 40 quid for the games. As I said, it’s just another indicator of how out of touch they are with the feelings of the support but considering everything else is money, money, money with them is anyone surprised. I’m no caring how anyone tries to spin it, it’s a piss take. 40 quid to watch that shower of no hopers.

I very much doubt any season ticket holder would have kicked off if we’d even given the tickets away for **** all to the community foundation or something.

Hopefully they sell none as it’s no more than they deserve, I’m sure anyone wanting to go will find a spare season ticket going begging which says it all.
    I hate to break this to you, but these are pretty much normal circumstances.