hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Ticket announcement

See Hibs have announced ticketing details for the remaining two home games

£32 for Aberdeen, or for the bargain price of £40 you can add the midweek Motherwell game 😂😂

Can see these flying out!
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    See Hibs have announced ticketing details for the remaining two home games

£32 for Aberdeen, or for the bargain price of £40 you can add the midweek Motherwell game 😂😂

Can see these flying out!
    I've got a season ticket and I cant even be tempted to go never mind paying £32. I think the club are in denial at the moment.

40 for two games seems pretty reasonable to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    I've got a season ticket and I cant even be tempted to go never mind paying £32. I think the club are in denial at the moment.
    Yeah I’m the exact same. I’ll decide on the day if I can be arsed but I can find better plans. There have been times this season when there’s been a couple season tickets in my group we’ve no been able to give away and that’s been at times there has been plenty to play for.

The point was more along the likes of how out of touch Hibs are thinking after the complete and utter shambles of a season that’s an acceptable offer or enticing for any supporter.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Course it does.

@hibs.net private member WeAreHibs's Avatar
    Kids should be free for the last 2 games.

Course it does.
    What do you want it to be to still make season tickets worthwhile? The individual prices are far too high but £20 each game package is fine I think.

I'm looking forward to both games.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreHibs View Post
    Kids should be free for the last 2 games.
    Absolutely correct 👍

Course it does.
    32 is outrageous for one game but 20 per game seems fair.

In normal circumstances I agree on the pricing being fair but £40 for what will (hopefully) be complete and utterly meaningless games is, in my humble opinion, a total rip off and rinsing supporters for what they are, especially after what we’ve had to endure with what’s on the park recently.

The management and playing staff have let us down yet again with more mediocrity and the club still want 40 quid for the games. As I said, it’s just another indicator of how out of touch they are with the feelings of the support but considering everything else is money, money, money with them is anyone surprised. I’m no caring how anyone tries to spin it, it’s a piss take. 40 quid to watch that shower of no hopers.

I very much doubt any season ticket holder would have kicked off if we’d even given the tickets away for **** all to the community foundation or something.

Hopefully they sell none as it’s no more than they deserve, I’m sure anyone wanting to go will find a spare season ticket going begging which says it all.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Would agree here.

It’s highly unlikely I’ll be at either (have a ST) and I would most certainly not be paying if I didn’t.

That said, £20 a game is a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Would agree here.

It’s highly unlikely I’ll be at either (have a ST) and I would most certainly not be paying if I didn’t.

That said, £20 a game is a decent price.
    20 quid for Motherwell at home on a Wednesday night bottom six dead rubber is a fair price?

The price for the Aberdeen game is ridiculous. Is this because it's classed as Cat A or is that our normal home price?

If it's Cat A then that really should be dropped as it's nothing remotely like a Cat A game.

I presume Aberdeen fans will have to pay £32 as well. Unless they have anything to play for I really can't see many parting with £32 for this one, its a bonkers price for them as well.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    20 quid for Motherwell at home on a Wednesday night bottom six dead rubber is a fair price?
    Against the alternative of £32?

I’d say so.

It is a lot of money but it’s not fair on the season ticket holders who paid their money up front to be penalised by reducing prices to others.

You can’t let people in for less than a season ticket holder paid.

Agree letting u16s in to the game for free…that’s a good idea. 2 good performances and they may become new season ticket holders?

2 big home games for the manager he must know he’s under pressure so we need to finish season positively 🤞🤞

Quote Originally Posted by mcfly View Post
    It is a lot of money but it’s not fair on the season ticket holders who paid their money up front to be penalised by reducing prices to others.

You can’t let people in for less than a season ticket holder paid.

Agree letting u16s in to the game for free…that’s a good idea. 2 good performances and they may become new season ticket holders?

2 big home games for the manager he must know he’s under pressure so we need to finish season positively 🤞🤞
    Season ticket holders get cheaper prices for cup games than walk ups. Not saying either is right or wrong but it’s kind of swings and roundabouts.

They need to do something to entice more fans in particularly the way things are going just now

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Hibs could pay people £40 to go to both games and ER would still be half empty!

I think Hibs need to reconsider what CAT A games are.

Personally think Hearts home is most attractive game.

Many fans don’t bother with old firm home games anymore as they just don’t enjoy them for various reasons.

Hibs obviously keep it CAT A as they can make ££ off visiting fans but also less Hibs fan attend.

Hibs v Aberdeen is often more enjoyable than an old firm game and the rest of the leagues teams aren’t exactly that attractive to raise the price.

Point is gone are the days - Old Firm games are more attractive games but Hibs still try sell it as CAT A.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Hibs could pay people £40 to go to both games and ER would still be half empty!
    If they game me £40 to go I'd just stay in the pub and use the money on alcohol, why spoil a good night by watching that.

Interested to note that Ross County are charging 26 and St Johnstone 20 for our visit.
    Aberdeen are 26 for cheapest ticket at their next home game.
    Looks like every other club is vastly overcharging too.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Yep quite sensible deal given our position

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

Many fans don’t bother with old firm home games anymore as they just don’t enjoy them for various reasons.

Hibs obviously keep it CAT A as they can make ££ off visiting fans but also less Hibs fan attend.

Hibs v Aberdeen is often more enjoyable than an old firm game and the rest of the leagues teams aren’t exactly that attractive to raise the price.

Point is gone are the days - Old Firm games are more attractive games but Hibs still try sell it as CAT A.
    Is Aberdeen considered cat a? Does that mean you need to be on database to buy ticket?

@hibs.net private member
    I think £32 would be a steep price to pay even if we had something to play for. In the current environment it seems absolutely ludicrous. I suspect a large number of ST holders won't bother turning up for the last 2 games. At least if they sold tickets for a tenner, they would have the potential to attract people who don't go regularly to attend and maybe generate an atmosphere and if they turned out to be decent games, might even generate some repeat custom next season. We will find out soon enough by the number of people who buy tickets but I have a hard time in believing that there will be many people who are not willing to buy a ST would think that £32 for a dead rubber is a fair price.

@hibs.net private member Mon Dieu4's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

I'd imagine that Cat A games means there need to be more Police present, Hibs will need to pay for that so the tickets are more expensive as a result

Interested to note that Ross County are charging 26 and St Johnstone 20 for our visit.
    I think you’ve totally missed the point I’m making. They can charge whatever they want - we are in the position of where we have absolutely zero to play for because we’re absolutely garbage and have been all season. There will probably be thousands of season ticket holders who simply canny be arsed going which speaks volumes, and this is because as I said we’ve nothing to play for and how bad we’ve been.

Who in their right minds is paying 32 quid for a Sunday meaningless game against Aberdeen. 40 quid for the two of them and what they are is still a rip off IMO.

40 quid is great value if we’re going well and there’s 10/15/20 games left of the season. Right now it’s absolutely not IMO after the dross we’ve been served up this year. I think the fact that folk who have paid for the the games with a season ticket already and will choose to do something else kind of backs that up.

What if you can only make the midweek game? Can you get in for £8

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Ross County are charging us £28 which is ridiculous.

I think I’d have been tempted to save money on paying people to come up with ways of getting people through the gates for these games.

Season’s over, the attendances at these games will be grim no matter what we do.