hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ian Murray

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    St Mirren
    He was appointed a day before the last match of the season. He didn’t actually take charge of that match. They were relegated so all of the matches he actually took charge of were in the Championship

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    I'm not saying Iam Murray is not a decent manager, he may even have the makings of being a good manager. However if we are going to be getting solid backing and investment, we need to be aiming at a higher level of manager. Hopefully we will start to attract managers who have won trophies in their career to date.

I'm hoping NM has a stellar second season, but that is part of the trouble, hoping someone will come good, rather than having actual confidence in someone, who has actual evidence of being able to win trophies.

As he’s still young for a manager, how do you know what level Ian Murray will get to?

Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    He was appointed a day before the last match of the season. He didn’t actually take charge of that match. They were relegated so all of the matches he actually took charge of were in the Championship
    Ahh ok thanks - just remember it didn’t go well for him

Quote Originally Posted by Sioux View Post
    Missing the boat because we don't appoint Ian Murray ?

Mental.
    No I meant I thought Murray would be Manager at ER one day maybe even when LJ was sacked but we went for NM but if This Foley is going to be the real deal don’t think this will happen now

Quote Originally Posted by OstKurve Hibs View Post
    Not a myth at all, some of the football was rank rotten under Ross.
    Aye, so was some under Lennon, Stubbs, Mowbray and Mcleish. Most of it was good, though, just like those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    As he’s still young for a manager, how do you know what level Ian Murray will get to?
    We don't know and that was my point. If we appointed IM now, we would be hoping he would turn out to be a great manager. Right now IM has potential to be good in the Premier League, but not proven.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I don't want to see us outplayed by ICT and rely on the goalie having a blinder to get us the points, ideally.

If he'd gone there and played them off the park and won, that would be a better sign he's up to it.

Would you take the goalie back for next season

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Absolutely no

Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    I would. We didn’t replace him with better,
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Kevin is further away from being our number 1 than nid is from being our manager. Even last night they were still talking about how he has a howler in him, including his manager. He, I believe will mature into a top keeper and we should have looked at extending him then loaning but he's not ready yet

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I would. We didn’t replace him with better,
    Wollacott is better than him

If some are seriously considering Ian Murray as our manager does that mean Jim Goodwin should be considered too because he's doing better ?

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    If some are seriously considering Ian Murray as our manager does that mean Jim Goodwin should be considered too because he's doing better ?
    I don't think he's doing better. He's on par. Murray is punching I think

Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    Kevin is further away from being our number 1 than nid is from being our manager. Even last night they were still talking about how he has a howler in him, including his manager. He, I believe will mature into a top keeper and we should have looked at extending him then loaning but he's not ready yet
    He'll be 26 in a few weeks.

If he's not ready to be Hibs keeper now then he's never going to be. He's only about 18 months younger than Wollacott.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Nope, Goodwin didnt play for hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    Phew , forgot about that . Panic over 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Phew , forgot about that . Panic over 😂
    😁

I don't want Goodwin, and I doubt he'll get much credit on here, but the Championship isn't a gimme, even if you are favourites in terms of size and budget. Job done. Got to give him that.

On Ian Murray - nobody was giving Raith much of a chance when we drew them in the cup. Folk on here were talking them right down. Ian Murray has done well running things this close.

I'm not sure, at this point, why Murray would be less of a shout than naebadges was for Hearts. Perhaps a guy that knows the club, and has cut his teeth in Scotland, is more suited than your typical English blagger or Aussie flash in the pan.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    He'll be 26 in a few weeks.

If he's not ready to be Hibs keeper now then he's never going to be. He's only about 18 months younger than Wollacott.
    As you know PB, im a keeper as well,, age wise I 100percent agree with you. I just think he needs another year as number one to be further exposed to the pressure. I actually don't think hibs handled his development very well. BTW, I don't think wallacot is good enough for our starting place either
    Last edited by Helensburghhibs; 21-04-2024 at 09:40 AM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridge hibs View Post
    He nearly did. I mind this place going into meltdown when (I think) he picked St Mirren over Hibs.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    Ross has done well at Dundee Utd since, a 7 nil and a 9 nil spanking and axed after 7 games. He should have been sacked by us in the dressing room after the cup final.
    I agree! Absolute joke, a final we never even competed in with a bunch of plauyers who looked lost without a formation and no urgency to go forward. I said early doors we wern't going to score that day and would lose 1-0 because Ross set us up in that manner. Should've have been emptied sooner.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Helensburghhibs View Post
    As you know PB, im a keeper as well,, age wise I 100percent agree with you. I just think he needs another year as number one to be further exposed to the pressure. I actually don't think hibs handled his development very well. BTW, I don't think wallacot is good enough for our starting place either
    I think it could have been a mistake to let Dabrowski go when we seem to have other players forever on loan - such as Mackay or Tait. But I believe Dabrowski signed a 2 year contract with Raith last year which makes the argument fairly irrelevant. What are we going to do now? Buy him back? If he was still our player he'd be worth taking another look at.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    I agree! Absolute joke, a final we never even competed in with a bunch of plauyers who looked lost without a formation and no urgency to go forward. I said early doors we wern't going to score that day and would lose 1-0 because Ross set us up in that manner. Should've have been emptied sooner.
    No doubt he got it totally wrong, but many players to blame too. 5 games Vs St Johnstone that season. Martin Boyle was missing in all of them. So was Nisbet.

Also, St Johnstone countered us very well. They lose a few players and we beat them 3 times the following season.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    I think it could have been a mistake to let Dabrowski go when we seem to have other players forever on loan - such as Mackay or Tait. But I believe Dabrowski signed a 2 year contract with Raith last year which makes the argument fairly irrelevant. What are we going to do now? Buy him back? If he was still our player he'd be worth taking another look at.
    I've watched him a lot this season. He's like Dracula with crosses, which is why ICT bombarded him early on the other night.

It would be great to have Murray be a succesful hibs manager, but I don’t think that’s likely. I don’t much want mcinnes, but I would have mcinnes ahead of Murray.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    He nearly did. I mind this place going into meltdown when (I think) he picked St Mirren over Hibs.
    I actually vaguely remember that 🫣

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    I don't want Goodwin, and I doubt he'll get much credit on here, but the Championship isn't a gimme, even if you are favourites in terms of size and budget. Job done. Got to give him that.

On Ian Murray - nobody was giving Raith much of a chance when we drew them in the cup. Folk on here were talking them right down. Ian Murray has done well running things this close.

I'm not sure, at this point, why Murray would be less of a shout than naebadges was for Hearts. Perhaps a guy that knows the club, and has cut his teeth in Scotland, is more suited than your typical English blagger or Aussie flash in the pan.
    The constant turning our noses up at sensible appointments who know Scottish football , both managerial and playing staff, irks me. McCabe or Murray would be excellent choices for future Hibs managers. Both overachieved.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    Gutted he left tbh, he’s such a character and a great shot stopper. I mind watching him in a reserve game at Forthbank and him telling the coaching staff to relax was absolutely brilliant 😂
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Gutted he left tbh, he’s such a character and a great shot stopper. I mind watching him in a reserve game at Forthbank and him telling the coaching staff to relax was absolutely brilliant 😂
    Yes his shot stopping looks superb. A couple of the saves last week were incredible.