hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably no real surprise but I bought my tickets yesterday and the sales for the Hibs end look terrible. I daresay a fair few will just buy on the day but between both stands it looks like we have sold about 2-300.

I've no idea what to expect from us. You know what you will get with St Johnstone. It will be stuffy, niggly and they'll be well up for it. I doubt it's going to be a classic but I'm hoping for something that gives a bit of cause for optimism.

It's probably up there with our least appealing fixture of the season. Maybe even last two seasons. Hats off to anyone who make the trip

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member eastterrace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    It's probably up there with our least appealing fixture of the season. Maybe even last two seasons. Hats off to anyone who make the trip
    I usually go up to Perth for this fixture as it’s a quick journey and you can get into the social club before the game but I just couldn’t face watching us struggle against them and seeing levien puss if they win.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Maybe partly to do with the break for the cup semis last week and also today's summer-type weather but it feels as if the season's over. I haven't given a thought to the game. Not surprised to hear so few are bothering to go.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He's here! View Post
    Maybe partly to do with the break for the cup semis last week and also today's summer-type weather but it feels as if the season's over. I haven't given a thought to the game. Not surprised to hear so few are bothering to go.
    Not many tickets sold in the Hibs end

✳️ E-tickets will be available until 3:30pm tomorrow for this one - https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk...lling-support.

✳️ Tickets can be printed at home or presented at the turnstile on a mobile phone for scanning (screen shots accepted but each QR code can only be scanned once)

✳️ Hibs supporters will be accommodated in the north end of the Main Stand (turnstiles 5/6/7) and the North Stand (turnstiles 8/9).

✳️ Match programmes will be available - £3.50 (cash only to sellers)

✳️ Kiosks accept cash/card/contactless

✳️ Away support general parking will be accommodated to the west of the all-weather pitch - enter the car park via the away support entrance. St.Johnstone have 10 disabled parking bays for visiting disabled supporters to book in advance. These can be booked by emailing dao@perthsaints.co.uk

✳️ Buses/coaches/minibuses are FOC, cars £5 each - cash to attendant on the day. Egress post-match is directly on to the A9 southbound, heading to Broxden Roundabout

✳️Foodbank collection: Saints Fans Supporting Foodbanks will be hosting their usual collection between 1.30-2.45pm with their collection point located outside the Ormond Stand (next to The Saints Shop at the south end of the stadium). Donations from Hibs fans will be gratefully accepted

✳️ The Muirton Bar located at the south end of our Main Stand is open to pre-booked Hibs supporters' buses only

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not many tickets sold in the Hibs end
    Can’t blame any fans for the money spent supporting the team this season.

From a good crowd last time against St J away to a really bad away support tomorrow - hopefully the club realise the low turnouts for final 5 games how pissed off fans are.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Would be top trolling if Monty was to go 442 and start Tavares tomorrow. My team:

Johnson

Obita
    Fish/Hanlon (draw straws)
    Rocky (on the right)
    Cadden

NMW
    Amos
    Macintyre

Maolida
    Vente
    Youan

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Would be top trolling if Monty was to go 442 and start Tavares tomorrow. My team:

Johnson

Obita
    Fish/Hanlon (draw straws)
    Rocky (on the right)
    Cadden

NMW
    Amos
    Macintyre

Maolida
    Vente
    Youan
    Wouldn't start Amos. He's been out for months. 15-20 minutes towards the end at most.

Would only start fish if he's likely to be here next year as well.

Wee mention for ' one of our own ' hitting his 100th appearances for the Hibees.
    Well done Josh

https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...gnosis-4607154
    Last edited by Donegal Hibby; 27-04-2024 at 10:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    I see our record in the last 58 games against Saints we have won 20 lost 22 and drawn 16.
    No further comment required!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I see our record in the last 58 games against Saints we have won 20 lost 22 and drawn 16.
    In a period in which St J have won 3 major trophies ( probably more than any other non OF team ) . Also shows we`ve struggled against St J with quite a few managers so not something to attack Montgomery for . Wonder if Hearts , Aberdeen , Dundee clubs have a better record against St J in same period .

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    In a period in which St J have won 3 major trophies ( probably more than any other non OF team ) . Also shows we`ve struggled against St J with quite a few managers so not something to attack Montgomery for . Wonder if Hearts , Aberdeen , Dundee clubs have a better record against St J in same period .
    Agree. Fans who say stuff like we shouldn't be losing to the likes of St Johnstone, etc are overlooking many years of harsh reality. I dread playing them. Especially at home.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IberianHibernian View Post
    I’ll take a wild guess at this one and suggest that Hearts and Aberdeen will have much better records v St J’s than Hibs over a comparable number of games.

Totally take your point that that (disgraceful) record v the dull St Johnston extends beyond Monty. Our record v them has been a consistent negative for years.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I’ll take a wild guess at this one and suggest that Hearts and Aberdeen will have much better records v St J’s than Hibs over a comparable number of games.

Totally take your point that that (disgraceful) record v the dull St Johnston extends beyond Monty. Our record v them has been a consistent negative for years.
    With Lennon being probably the worst of all

Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    Agree. Fans who say stuff like we shouldn't be losing to the likes of St Johnstone, etc are overlooking many years of harsh reality. I dread playing them. Especially at home.
    We shouldn't be losing to St Johnstone. Obviously you won't win every game v everyone but certainly over any extended period we should be beating St Johnstone more often than we lose to them and for the last decade that hasn't been the case.

I don't care about what the record says, records like that are why so many people are pissed off at the club because it's a million miles away from good enough. If we play St Johnstone 3 times a season then we should be taking 6-7 points from 9 more often than not. Anything else is just rubbish.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Since St Johnstone's promotion to the SPL in 2009, this is how our record compares to them.

Finishes:
    3rd: Hibs 1, StJ 1
    4th: Hibs 2, StJ 3
    5th: Hibs 2, StJ 1
    6th: Hibs 0, StJ 3
    Top six: Hibs 5, StJ 8
    Lower division: Hibs 3, StJ 0

Cups:
    Wins: Hibs 1, StJ 3
    Finals: Hibs 6, StJ 3
    SFs: Hibs 14, StJ 8

Wins v other teams:
    Hearts: Hibs 11 in 54 (20%), StJ 16 in 47 (34%)
    Celtic: Hibs 5 in 46 (11%), StJ 4 in 57 (7%)
    Rangers: Hibs 11 in 50 (22%), StJ 5 in 40 (13%)

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    It’s a poor record but up until the last year hearts wasn’t any better. Since 2009 their record is w-18 d-10 l-13 but they have won the last 6. I think st Johnstone are a horrible team but they have had the most successful period in their history last 15 years and a lot of teams have suffered against them.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Power View Post
    ✳️ E-tickets will be available until 3:30pm tomorrow for this one - https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk...lling-support.

✳️ Tickets can be printed at home or presented at the turnstile on a mobile phone for scanning (screen shots accepted but each QR code can only be scanned once)

✳️ Hibs supporters will be accommodated in the north end of the Main Stand (turnstiles 5/6/7) and the North Stand (turnstiles 8/9).

✳️ Match programmes will be available - £3.50 (cash only to sellers)

✳️ Kiosks accept cash/card/contactless

✳️ Away support general parking will be accommodated to the west of the all-weather pitch - enter the car park via the away support entrance. St.Johnstone have 10 disabled parking bays for visiting disabled supporters to book in advance. These can be booked by emailing dao@perthsaints.co.uk

✳️ Buses/coaches/minibuses are FOC, cars £5 each - cash to attendant on the day. Egress post-match is directly on to the A9 southbound, heading to Broxden Roundabout

✳️Foodbank collection: Saints Fans Supporting Foodbanks will be hosting their usual collection between 1.30-2.45pm with their collection point located outside the Ormond Stand (next to The Saints Shop at the south end of the stadium). Donations from Hibs fans will be gratefully accepted

✳️ The Muirton Bar located at the south end of our Main Stand is open to pre-booked Hibs supporters' buses only
    Are fans able to walk up for Muirton bar at ground? Driving up. If not is there a bar nearby?

Quote Originally Posted by CJHibby View Post
    ..I'll eat my hat
    It will be 3 wins in the last 17 league games

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Since St Johnstone's promotion to the SPL in 2009, this is how our record compares to them.

Finishes:

Cups:

Wins v other teams:
    Few scary stats in there. One team over achieving...the other team under achieving.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post

Finishes:

Cups:

Wins v other teams:
    Interesting stats. They show how poor our cup record is when we get to hampden.

Given the disparity between our budgets, it also shows how badly managed Hibs have been when it comes to league football, although our three years in the Championship with mitigate slightly.