hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thought it was a good statement and see it as a positive step that the club are going to review the structure of the club . Read this in the EEN .

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.c...review-4594367

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Feel like a few uncomfortable questions are coming his way in the next press conference. Actually feel a wee bit sorry for him, I won’t lie.
    I feel very sorry for him. The statement is a disgrace in singling him out. Hibs is dysfunctional, with failings all over the shop but they go with saying there'll be a review, but let's put particular light on this guy.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by USA_Hibee View Post
    Personally think this should have been done at the end of the season after our next 5 games.
    Tend to agree, it seems an odd message to send out. Back him or sack him, otherwise shut it until it's played out.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Thought it was a good statement and see it as a positive step that the club are going to review the structure of the club . Read this in the EEN .

Key points and potential changes being considered by the review:

- Work will be led by representatives of Foley, whose multi-sport empire includes a controlling interest in Bournemouth, a minority stake in FC Lorient and the licence for a new A-League franchise in New Zealand, as well as leading the Las Vegas Golden Knights ice hockey team to Stanley Cup glory in just their sixth season – exactly as the owner predicted.

- Recommendation that the department undergo some restructuring, with director of football Brian McDermott possibly moving into a more recruitment-focused role suited to his scouting background, with another DOF recruited.

- Implementation of a full knowledge-sharing protocol between Hibs and the clubs in Foley’s stable, with Bournemouth providing specific help on recruitment. Hibs will carry a final veto on any signings.

- Expected to report back to board with recommendations in late May/early June.

- Montgomery will be expected to show that he can turn results around in closing stretch of fixtures, with finishing seventh considered a realistic expectation for a club with hopes of reaching European group stage football on a regular basis over the coming seasons.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Throughout the time The Gordons have been here, on numerous occasions the club have said they have made mistakes and will learn from them.

Well, it's not happening yet.

My support is unwavering, it's just not going to be at Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

And they can stuff any chance of me buying a season ticket next season, no matter how many times they text or email me.
    Unwavering though.

Really wanted things to work under Monty but players underperforming for a few seasons a massive clear out required be interesting to see what happens now I think Foley will want his own men in

Would be happy with McDerrmot going to a more scouting type of job with us getting a new DoF in.

Would mean a lot of our current targets are still known for next season too

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post

“Montgomery will be expected to show that he can turn results around in closing stretch of fixtures, with finishing seventh considered a realistic expectation..”

Finishing 7th or he gets sacked ??

Jubilation if we get seventh ….

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    “Montgomery will be expected to show that he can turn results around in closing stretch of fixtures, with finishing seventh considered a realistic expectation..”

Yep, that should get season tickets flying out the door! 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Like the results this season

Massive let down

In short, no good enough but we’re not sacking you…..yet

I feel bad for maloney, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson

One rule for one, one for the other three
    "Aftermath" is a very strong, damning word.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I'm glad that they're doing a proper, in depth review rather than just resort to the knee-jerk "solution" by simply sacking NM immediately.

I'm not convinced that the next 5 games will have much bearing on his future although losing them all isn't going to do him any favours.

Interesting times.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I feel very sorry for him. The statement is a disgrace in singling him out. Hibs is dysfunctional, with failings all over the shop but they go with saying there'll be a review, but let's put particular light on this guy.
    Rubbish. He’s a football manager and his team have just failed to meet the minimum expectations. Of course it is right to say that they’ve discussed the performance with him.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Thank god we have BF & The BK involved or this would be another nightmare going forward.

They will take over the football side of things, IG and Ben will be nowhere near the next appointment(s) and will be very happy to stand aside and let football professionals get on with it.

Ben and Ian have done well on the business side of things and they have got to be congratulated for bringing The BK to the table and now as shareholders.

For the first time in the last 3/4 years I am looking forward to next season.

Don't like to see people losing their jobs but that same fate awaits us all if we don't perform/ fail!

NM has been paid handsomely for his time at HFC however he will not be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by babahibs View Post
    Unwavering though.
    Yes.

I've been at ER often enough this season to conclude that the dross served up by Montgomery is not anywhere good enough. I'm one of the biggest critics of Ian Gordon and Kensell on here, but even I'll admit Montgomery was backed enough in the January window to get into the top 5, never mind the top 6.

You don't need to go every week to be classed as a Hibs supporter. Bet there are loads on here who hardly attend.

I just cannot stomach any more tripe served up by Montgomery. Slow painful build up, lack of urgency and the sight of Bushiri, Triantis and Jair in a Hibs jersey is just something I've had enough of this season.

I've done my time. Hope when I roll up next season Montgomery is gone, Ian Gordon is nowhere near recruitment and Kensell is confined to his marketing duties.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    What are the other, wide ranging failings at the club?
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I’m actually surprised it’s happened at this moment. I thought they would wait until the end of the season before saying anything. The remarks about the manager are ambivalent and aren’t the endorsement he would have been hoping for. It reads like ‘shoogly peg’ to me.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

At least they care

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Between the lines Monty has 5 games to save his bacon.
    If that is true, it's not looking good for Hanlon and Stevenson to see any time on the park to say farewell.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post

My take on it is , barring a complete disaster in our final 5 games he will be our manager next season.

I also think that if there was a change of the manager at our club we won't see any of the names mentioned on here as a replacement . If the BKs are involved we would probably go down the route of a foreign manager like Bournemouth have done .

Hopefully it won't come to that and we sort out the structure of the club which will see us improve under the current manager though .

Back Monty or sack him right now, as every game he will be under scrutiny and this will drag on week after week till the end of the season. IMO that is

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    What are the other, wide ranging failings at the club?
    Symptomatic of where football is nowadays that I should have said the footballing department of Hibs for what I said to be understood. I swithered about adding that but thought nobody would struggle to follow what I was saying.

I wonder if Monty will resign

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHFC View Post
    Rubbish. He’s a football manager and his team have just failed to meet the minimum expectations. Of course it is right to say that they’ve discussed the performance with him.
    Anyone in the board putting their hand up to admit their failings in the statement? No, so no need to identify any one individual.

How the Daily Record are reporting it 😐

BREAKING! Disgusted Hibs chiefs tell Nick Montgomery he’s failing as club conduct major investigation

dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football…

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    How the Daily Record are reporting it 😐

BREAKING! Disgusted Hibs chiefs tell Nick Montgomery he’s failing as club conduct major investigation

dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football…
    They are not wrong for once.

Quote Originally Posted by eastmainsmsh View Post
    I wonder if Monty will resign
    Can I ask why you think he would ? .

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    Aye same, been thinking that since I read the statement to be honest.

He's done a poor job, absolutely no denying that. But they've kinda done him with that statement in my opinion.
    There are plenty of people above him who need to be brutally honest with themselves, and say that their performance has been simply unacceptable too.

It reads to me like throwing another manager under the bus.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Need a review of the CEO first and foremost. Throwing Monty under the bus. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    There are plenty of people above him who need to be brutally honest with themselves, and say that their performance has been simply unacceptable too.

It reads to me like throwing another manager under the bus.
    Agree with that. A lot of people in the football dept, board level need to take a good hard look at themselves