hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They own under a quarter of the club and will get under a quarter of a say. It makes hee haw difference what they paid.
    There are 2 of the BK on the executive Board. That's 2 out of 5. Them, Ian and Kit Gordon, and Kensell.

So... 40%, and maybe 60 depending on how Ben feels .
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 18-04-2024 at 03:51 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I agree but we committed to the SFA that their involvement is limited.
    It means nothing really, we could say they are limited to running the football side of the club, or limited to running the club shop.

It's just words.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    It means nothing really, we could say they are limited to running the football side of the club, or limited to running the club shop.

It's just words.
    Correct, anyone how doesn't believe that Foley and Co will not be offering "advice" to Hibs re players, coaching staff etc are not living in the real world.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Another thing that's annoying.

The Black Knights and Ben Kensell having the same initials
    It's not helpful...

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Correct, anyone how doesn't believe that Foley and Co will not be offering "advice" to Hibs re players, coaching staff etc are not living in the real world.
    I don’t think anyone believes they won’t be offering advice and support, it’s a big part of why we got involved with them. I’m not convinced they will be calling the shots from day one though. Foley is also a minority owner at Lorient. Is he calling the shots there ?

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    That’s exactly what they said they’d be doing and one of the reasons given to join up with them. Which to me is great news cos our current boards track record of making football decisions is horrendous.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

It's just words.
    It is but I believe the main driver is that the decisions have to be for the benefit of Hibs not the group.

All very confusing I know.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I don’t think anyone believes they won’t be offering advice and support, it’s a big part of why we got involved with them. I’m not convinced they will be calling the shots from day one though. Foley is also a minority owner at Lorient. Is he calling the shots there ?
    I don't think the BK will be calling the shots, prob have a voice as you'd expect a part owner to though.

This review...how exactly are they looking at what brought about these losses? I'll tell them, the other team scores more goals than us, generally because we were playing pap. What then? Are they football people, tacticians, etc?

Will Black Knights just keep flooding us with loans apart from maolida hardly been inspired so far and 25% is just covering Gordon’s

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    They the black knights have already been heavily involved in looking into player recruitment from the past . They think it's been poor and I think we all agree that .
    So I think given they want this to work will be better pretty verbal in what they think from day one .

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    They the black knights have already been heavily involved in looking into player recruitment from the past . They think it's been poor and I think we all agree that .
    So I think given they want this to work will be better pretty verbal in what they think from day one .

Where is the comment about them thinking our past recruitment has been poor coming from? Don't disbelieve it, just never seen it in print so was wondering....

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Where is the comment about them thinking our past recruitment has been poor coming from? Don't disbelieve it, just never seen it in print so was wondering....
    I was thinking the same. I don’t remember ever hearing any comment from them suggesting our recruitment has been poor.

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    I was thinking the same. I don’t remember ever hearing any comment from them suggesting our recruitment has been poor.
    I'm telling you what they think to give some balance to the discussions .

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

How do you know what they think?

Isn’t it pretty obvious our recruitment has been poor in recent years though? Just look at the squad!

The BKs don’t have to be officially in charge to have a lot of influence. The Gordon’s said they wanted, and Ron had planned to bring in a partner like them; eg a partner with more sporting experience. It’s pretty logical that given how things have gone, that they’d make use of that partner.

That doesn’t mean Foley calling the shots, but it probably does mean Foley, or someone connected to him, leading this review and making some recommendations. Just look at our January signings, would appear a couple of them came via the BK link, but presumably we had some choice in whether to accept or not.

Do you mean you believe that’s what they will be thinking as opposed to having read or heard that anywhere ?

I read it as it was written. A review, along with Black Knight, will take place then any decisions to improve the club will be made based on that.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I, probably naively, am really optimistic about the outcome of this review.

I think the Gordons need the help. I think Black Knight have the knowledge and the means to set us up to have a better chance of being successful than we have at the moment. I expect it to be revolutionary in that it forces significant change in personnel, structure and processes at the club.

I expect to see a new Sporting Director (or similar title) with Brian McDermott either leaving the club or moving to a recruitment role (think this was suggested in an Evening News article), with the academy also going through a lot of change. We know that the training centre is being upgraded, and I think this will see more than just an indoor pitch provided to improve the facility. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see appointments made by Black Knight FC either on Hibs' books or paid externally, recruitment will take a step up, with a pretty major overhaul of the first team.

I still can't make up my mind if Monty will be here to take the first team or not.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

I think the Gordons need the help. I think Black Knight have the knowledge and the means to set us up to have a better chance of being successful than we have at the moment. I expect it to be revolutionary in that it forces significant change in personnel, structure and processes at the club.

I expect to see a new Sporting Director (or similar title) with Brian McDermott either leaving the club or moving to a recruitment role (think this was suggested in an Evening News article), with the academy also going through a lot of change. We know that the training centre is being upgraded, and I think this will see more than just an indoor pitch provided to improve the facility. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see appointments made by Black Knight FC either on Hibs' books or paid externally, recruitment will take a step up, with a pretty major overhaul of the first team.

I still can't make up my mind if Monty will be here to take the first team or not.
    I do agree with you, the Gordons have the right intentions (never a doubt), but how Ben Kensell survives this will be beyond me. I read many other names being banded about for being culled, he's top of the list, and by some way.

I think the fact one of their early acts at Bournemouth was removing the manager is telling.

Obviously Eddie Howe was the man who guided them trough the leagues but after being promoted back to the top league Gary O'Neil had done a decent job after inheriting a bad situation from Scott Parker and kept them up confortably in the end. He continues to do a decent job at Wolves. He wasn't their man though and there was no sentiment.

If you are fronting up a lot of money (even if it's relatively small fry comparative to your overall wealth) and implementing new structures and strategies then it stands to reason you want your own people leading that. I don't believe anyone involved in the failing football operation at Hibs will be comfortable right now and nor should they be.

I’m quite optimistic about it as well.

It has shades of the moment of realisation Rod Petrie had about a year before we were relegated that he really needed some help and that things had to change.

Change they did, albeit we had to endure another lower league adventure. No doubt the changes during that period help provide a total change in direction for the better - and this just sort of feels like it should be the same.

Just because Petrie, like the Gordons, was around for some bad times, shouldn’t take away from the fact that his actions brought about some good times as well.

@hibs.net private member 18Craig75's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think the fact one of their early acts at Bournemouth was removing the manager is telling.

Obviously Eddie Howe was the man who guided them trough the leagues but after being promoted back to the top league Gary O'Neil had done a decent job after inheriting a bad situation from Scott Parker and kept them up confortably in the end. He continues to do a decent job at Wolves. He wasn't their man though and there was no sentiment.

If you are fronting up a lot of money (even if it's relatively small fry comparative to your overall wealth) and implementing new structures and strategies then it stands to reason you want your own people leading that. I don't believe anyone involved in the failing football operation at Hibs will be comfortable right now and nor should they be.
    Back in September when Monty was appointed it was widely known that Hibs were fairly well down the road in securing new investors. I can’t remember if it was known at the time that it was Foley, but anyway we obviously now know that to be the case.

If you were a major investor coming in to take as active a role as BKFC seem to be; would you not want some say in the most important decision a club can make…the appointment of a new manager, so close to having an agreement in place. It might’ve already been in place as the hold up was the SPFL in the end.

Is it totally outwith the realms of possibility that Monty might just be the BKFC man given the sound bites we’re now hearing about them thinking he hasn’t had the right players (which I agree with, the squad is in the main really poor and unbalanced.)

Did Killie, St Mirren or Dundee hire a McDermott, a coach from the A league, pay £700K for a striker, flood their squad with loanees or hold two fundamental reviews of their football operation in order to finish Top Six?

This is what happens when a club becomes pretentious, corporate and remote. It's all fluff and nonsense and the reason why we are so soft.

If a local builder ran Hibs, hired an SPFL manager and players and installed a hard work ethic I would feel much more connected to our club.

We need to learn from our rivals and do the simple things right. It's not rocket science.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    I’d take the Dundee manager asap

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squealing pig View Post
    looks like they just picked him up off Sauchiehall street after last orders ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Did Killie, St Mirren or Dundee hire a McDermott, a coach from the A league, pay £700K for a striker, flood their squad with loanees or hold two fundamental reviews of their football operation in order to finish Top Six?

This is what happens when a club becomes pretentious, corporate and remote. It's all fluff and nonsense and the reason why we are so soft.

If a local builder ran Hibs, hired an SPFL manager and players and installed a hard work ethic I would feel much more connected to our club.

We need to learn from our rivals and do the simple things right. It's not rocket science.
    Why do we need an spfl manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Skol View Post
    Why do we need an spfl manager?
    I'm banging the same drum to be honest. We're the most un-streetwise team in the league. Can't see games out and being out smarted Craig Levein and co. Think we need someone who knows what Scottish football is all about. Gordon, Kensell, McDermott don't so we need a manager that does in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

Or, we appointed a director of football, hired a league winning manager and signed a striker that was killing it for his team in Holland.

It’s pretty standard stuff. It hasn’t gone well, but it’s hardly pretentious.

Quote Originally Posted by Squealing pig View Post
    100% a Manager I’d be looking at.

Comes across very well, knows the league inside out, good recruitment and got his Dundee side playing brilliant football.

Hes moved McCowan centrally who is flourishing, recruited guys like Beck, Boateng and Sylla who are very good players.

Seems very similar to Mcinnes but sides play more football. Weirdly Dundee have conceded the 3rd most amount of goals in the league, something I’m sure he’ll want to address.