hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Message from the board

𝗔 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗢𝗳 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀

Like all Hibs supporters, we believe that a Club with our stature should, as an absolute minimum, finish in the top six. Ending the season in the bottom six is simply unacceptable.

In the aftermath of Saturday’s draw with Motherwell, we came together to understand what happened this season and what are the necessary steps to move the Club forward.

With that in mind, we will conduct a full review of the Club’s football structure in conjunction with Black Knight Football Club. The review will be a comprehensive evaluation of the entire football operation to ensure we perform at the highest level.

We have also held detailed discussions with Nick Montgomery to understand what has gone wrong during the current campaign and mutually agreed that results this season have been disappointing. There’s an understanding that results need to improve.

Considerable progress has been made at the Club off the pitch over the last 12 months. That being said, we want to assure supporters that on-pitch progress and performance are at the forefront of our minds. We understand that this needs to be addressed urgently and the experience provided by our new partner, Black Knight Football Club, will help us improve in all areas.

Lastly, we would like to thank every single one of you for your support through this incredibly challenging campaign. Your backing has been unwavering, and the Club is extremely grateful. We will continue to work tirelessly to deliver results our supporters can be proud of.

Thoughts?
    Comments?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    When I got to the “mutually agreed” part my ticker skipped a beat as I thought that was Montgomery getting bumped, ah well, back to my knitting

Reviewing the whole thing, with the help of the BKs to do it, is absolutely the right idea.

Hopefully said review is empowered to do whatever is deemed necessary.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Looks like he's staying from that, so we need to get behind the club with this decision and hope with their backing he can improve us and we are not back to square one come September.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like he's staying from that, so we need to get behind the club with this decision and hope with their backing he can improve us and we are not back to square one come September.
    I read it as if results don’t markedly improve, presumably in the remaining 5 games, he will be gone…

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Well. It is a communication.

Good statement. Now the hard bit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    I think there is potential for September to be August in all honesty. Monty has is in his locker to be able to fail to get us out the League Cup group - he’s more than capable.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    I read it as if results don’t markedly improve, presumably in the remaining 5 games, he will be gone…
    It's like in the latest FM games when the board say you need to make so many points in the next month or your sacked. Crazy.

Be interesting to see if the players react and help keep a manager in a job or not.

Like the results this season

Massive let down

In short, no good enough but we’re not sacking you…..yet

I feel bad for maloney, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson

One rule for one, one for the other three

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Between the lines Monty has 5 games to save his bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    It's like in the latest FM games when the board say you need to make so many points in the next month or your sacked. Crazy.

Be interesting to see if the players react and help keep a manager in a job or not.
    Pretty much yeah, perhaps there’s a performance target for these 5 games that saves him.

Or at least keeps him in place until this review is complete…

I read as they could easily be gone once the review puts in new senior football people who decide the coaching staff aren't what they want.

@hibs.net private member Mikey_1875's Avatar
    I think if it was guaranteed we were backing him into next season that the end of the fourth paragraph would have been the perfect time to mention it. The door has been left open and I think that is sensible (although I would have had him out already)

It is good they have acknowledged a dreadful season and conducting a review of all football areas with the BKs is the right thing to do but it isn’t really saying anything that I wouldn’t have expected to happen anyway.

Looks like BK will have a big say in going forward, could be they want their own man in place, if NM had done fairly well he might've been ok but he gas to games to show what he's got.

First Team Breakthrough
    sounds to me like there will be a overhaul after the season is over, I think this could included Head coach position.. for me I can see DOF and full coaching team being replaced. Just my opinion on reading the statement , says there is
    a mutual agreement that results are not good enough doesnt say that they are still behind him. also sounds like Foley will have a much bigger say in this than perhaps what was expected. I for one am happy they released something I know we have had similar in the past when it's been poor season.. but for me under Foley I think it will be totally different and they mean what they say!! But words are cheap actions are what we judge on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Like the results this season

Massive let down

In short, no good enough but we’re not sacking you…..yet

I feel bad for maloney, Jack Ross, Lee Johnson

One rule for one, one for the other three
    Different people in charge, Ron was the main guy then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    I read as they could easily be gone once the review puts in new senior football people who decide the coaching staff aren't what they want.
    I read it as he’s going as well. He’s effectively working a notice period at this point. Which gives me less incentive to turn up to any split games. Just pull the ****ing trigger now and crack on.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_1875 View Post
    I think if it was guaranteed we were backing him into next season that the end of the fourth paragraph would have been the perfect time to mention it. The door has been left open and I think that is sensible (although I would have had him out already)

It is good they have acknowledged a dreadful season and conducting a review of all football areas with the BKs is the right thing to do but it isn’t really saying anything that I wouldn’t have expected to happen anyway.
    Impossible to say what it’s really saying on the Montgomery front tbh. I think your first sentence is probably right though. Not saying that he’s staying/giving him a ‘vote of confidence’ is hopefully telling as to where this is headed.

Also mentions the review hasn’t even taken place, so I wouldn’t expect any decision to take place until that’s over.

Action speaks louder than words..

I’m at the stage where I’ve heard it all from players - CEO - manager etc and we still fall short so often.

Some will be easily pleased with the statement but it’s taken 3 / 4 days to get this statement out plus I still don’t believe anything will change until we improve our structure / management,

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post

The players look like they are trying to get him the sack not save him
    Cougars!!!

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Think I’d actually be a wee bit pissed off at that statement if I were Montgomery. Aye, aye we all know he's done a poor job. But they've not backed him and basically let everyone know they think he's ***** as well

Coaching Staff
    He’ll be gone at the end of the season.

Don’t think Monty comes back from that. If he was safe then they would have said nothing. That statement throws him under the bus. And at the same time tells us nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty much all you can expect them to say.

Not a lot of substance there but it's something and acknowledges the frustration of the support so fair enough for that.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I said to a couple of mates after Motherwell the board need to sit down with BK group and let them run the footballing side.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    after that, i reckon he’s gone unless he gets good results in the final 5 games.

I think a full review is needed but if they give the manager the summer window and first half of next season to pull up his socks it will be another write off season. If they decide he isn’t going to miraculously improve then he has to go quickly. I feel this statement is just buying them time, the review could take until Christmas for all we know.

At least it’s a recognition that the football side and manager have failed and results are “unacceptable”. No manager in football should survive that phrase.

Throughout the time The Gordons have been here, on numerous occasions the club have said they have made mistakes and will learn from them.

Well, it's not happening yet.

My support is unwavering, it's just not going to be at Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

And they can stuff any chance of me buying a season ticket next season, no matter how many times they text or email me.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    That’s my reading of it as well.