hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Have the BK group not paid the same for 25% that Ron paid for the whole club? If that's the case then they'll want a big say in how all this moves forward, the Gordon's know they need expertise and BK gives them that. Give them 25%, allow them to take over the footballing side which then continues Ron's dream for the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What happens if they decide to stick with him? Does that mean all the ‘needs a window people’ are right or do we add the black knights to the next should we get rid poll?
    I'd be delighted to see that review. Reviews are all evidence based and the fact he has got he haw right since he got here in 8 months, I'd love to see their justification of that.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Have the BK group not paid the same for 25% that Ron paid for the whole club? If that's the case then they'll want a big say in how all this moves forward, the Gordon's know they need expertise and BK gives them that. Give them 25%, allow them to take over the footballing side which then continues Ron's dream for the club.
    They own under a quarter of the club and will get under a quarter of a say. It makes hee haw difference what they paid.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Yeah that’s right.

So no matter what some try say about Kensell and the Gordon’s, they’ve made the club worth alot more money during their tenure.

Everything off the pitch is there, it’s unfortunately the hardest bit we’re struggling with on the pitch.

Some of the comments towards them are absolutely mental, there is no clear or defined route for success. They’re trying alot of different things.

Hopefully the Black Knights input finally helps us on the pitch.

Another thing that's annoying.

The Black Knights and Ben Kensell having the same initials

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Only message I want to hear is following a review we have made the decision to terminate Monty’s contract. The guy is a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    What was the reaction when Aberdeen released the statement after they lost to Darvel singling out Goodwin and stating the 'football monitoring group' had made it clear to him things had to improve?

My memory was it was pretty much ridicule across the board from their own fans, their own ex players (most vocally Alex McLeish), fans of other teams and the media. He was sacked a week later.

We have all but made the same statement now. I don't have any real issue with it as such. Singling out the manager isn't great but then the people who wrote it are partially responsible for the problems and they were never likely to single out themselves. It's the lot of a manager that they carry the can when things aren't working whilst players and the executive team have a greater degree of shielding.

We have backed ourselves into a corner now though. Some people have read the statement as a backing of Montgomery and expect him to be here next season, others see it as an ultimatum and think it has all but sealed his fate. Whatever action we take next will be subject to criticism now. Sack him and it will be 'shocking after backing him only a few weeks ago', lose a couple of bottom 6 games and then retain him and it will be 'so what was the point in the review if he just gets away with it?'

As I said before I do feel for the club a wee bit. There was an element of they had to say something at play and no matter how bland the statement they put out it was always going to be pored over and double meanings or hints found. Maybe it was a time when less would have been more. Omit anything that singles out any one individual. 'The board are aware of supporter feeling and we know this season hasn't been good enough. We are working with the Black Knights Group and will be carrying out a full review of all club operations in the coming weeks. Thank you for your support'.
    What the statement does do is to place Monty under a lot of pressure to get good results in these last five games. In that sense, they are no longer meaningless, at least not for him. We can all then measure how he has responded to that pressure, and also how the players respond on his behalf, especially with the fallback that the review might cost him his job even with good results and finishing best of the rest.
    Leaving aside the fact that these next five games are bottom six games, what do folk think would represent "improved results" against such opposition?
    St Johnstone (A) - previously L
    Ross County (A) - previously D
    Aberdeen (H) - previously W
    Motherwell (H) - previously D
    Livingston (A) - previously W
    That's 8 points from a possible 15 for the previous corresponding fixtures this season. So 9 points from the last five games (2W,3D or 3W,2L) would be an improvement statistically, but surely no-one will find that acceptable.
    I'd suggest that for Monty to have any chance of staying on we'll have to finish best of the rest, be unbeaten over these games, and win at least three of them i.e. take at least 11 points. And even then, the manner of how these points are gained will be scrutinised as part of the review so he could still be oot the door. Scraping by just will not do. If he's to have any chance of staying into next season and getting a window, we will need to be gaining these points and finishing best of the rest with positive, dare I say commanding performances.
    Last edited by Greenbeard; 18-04-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    They own under a quarter of the club and will get under a quarter of a say. It makes hee haw difference what they paid.
    You keep believing that 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Only message I want to hear is following a review we have made the decision to terminate Monty’s contract. The guy is a disaster.
    You'll be waiting for a new year tipple to celebrate it then.

@hibs.net private member
    I've done my own review of football operations at Easter Road and I conclude that we need to sign better players! Its as easy as that. Sign players ready for 1XI football into the 1XI and supplement it with potential.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ratcliffe only owns 25% of Man U but runs the football side of things. I know that’s not been announced at Hibs but it just shows it’s not the percentage but the agreed remit that’s important.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    You'll be waiting for a new year tipple to celebrate it then.
    I F’ing hope not.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Disaster really

https://x.com/pieandbov/status/17809...T_cnYbURW-GKJw

Stats from a Twitter page about our games this season.

Keep in mind Gray won one of the games against Aberdeen and LJ lost the first 3.

Brutal read.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post

Keep in mind Gray won one of the games against Aberdeen and LJ lost the first 3.

Brutal read.
    Failing to beat Motherwell twice, when we should have. Failing to beat Ross County twice, when we should have. Those are the ones that jump out to me. Eight points chucked away against absolute garbage when we were leading in all of those games.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Failing to beat Motherwell twice, when we should have. Failing to beat Ross County twice, when we should have. Those are the ones that jump out to me. Eight points chucked away against absolute garbage when we were leading in all of those games.
    Losing twice to St Johnstone is criminal too.

It was but we were just absolutely brutal in those games.

The games where we chucked away the leads were worse for me. Sum up the whole season. I’ve banged on about it but the amount of times we scored two goals and failed to win a game was beyond a joke.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    Ratcliffe only owns 25% of Man U but runs the football side of things. I know that’s not been announced at Hibs but it just shows it’s not the percentage but the agreed remit that’s important.
    That's very different. He's been given full control of the footballing side.

The Black Knights have none and we have committed to the SFA that they will have none.

Coaching Staff
    Is hee haw an opinion

The St Mirren game in January at a time we had Maolida and Marcondes was genuinely one of the worst performances i have ever seen in terms of lack of fight energy ability. Rolled over by a hard working organised but undoubtedly limited team was abysmal.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    Haha I've slept on it :) Utterly pissed off last night, I just think it's unfair to churn that out, mention Monty, and give people the impression it's all on the footballing side of things - the fake tanned elephant in the room needs addressed and PRONTO.

The manager recruitment has been shambolic, and the person responsible for that seems to sail through time after time withouth a ripple in the water.

It's the way of the world, those at the top hold those underneath them accountable its the more junior person who cops it.

However, if you look at things this way;

BK is CEO he has been successful in increasing our turnover significantly and was party, along with IG , to bringing in BF and The BK. In summary he has had some success.

NM has failed at every turn and will go as a result. Also take into account that NM will not be miles away on income (with BK) and has to take responsibility for the performance of the team.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    That's very different. He's been given full control of the footballing side.

The Black Knights have none and we have committed to the SFA that they will have none.

The undertaking to the SFA was the minority shareholder will not be running the business and they have no desire to (at this stage anyway). They are far more knowledgeable on football matters than BK/IG/KG and it makes sense to let them take over or at least greatly influence that side of the business.

Blog Entries

Brutal read.
    Those stats are why it baffles me that people think he'll survive this review. First thing to do is show the review panel that tweet and get on to Quantas.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Disaster really
    Yeah I stand by that Jim. Performances, results and what’s going on behind the scenes makes me believe he is.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    The undertaking to the SFA was the minority shareholder will not be running the business and they have no desire to (at this stage anyway). They are far more knowledgeable on football matters than BK/IG/KG and it makes sense to let them take over or at least greatly influence that side of the business.
    I agree but we committed to the SFA that their involvement is limited.

Yeah I stand by that Jim. Performances, results and what’s going on behind the scenes makes me believe he is.
    I get that particularly around performances and results however the behind the scenes stuff i kind of struggle with as undoubtedly you will be passing on what you hear in good faith though my immediate reaction to that is thinking of underperforming players using the coach as an excuse. Whenever we struggle that sounds like to me and i may be totally wrong that this is a common message that comes out in an attempt to abdicate responsibility. May be we should trust in the coach to get rid of players that are underperforming.

What’s going on behind the scenes in relation to Monty that adds to him being a disaster?

You don't have clubs making public statements about not being good enough if the manager isn't a disaster.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Those stats are why it baffles me that people think he'll survive this review. First thing to do is show the review panel that tweet and get on to Quantas.
    I’m on your side of the argument however I suppose the point of the review is to understand what’s causing those stats. The review won’t just be to look at the end results, it’s to look at how we arrived at the end results.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I get that particularly around performances and results however the behind the scenes stuff i kind of struggle with as undoubtedly you will be passing on what you hear in good faith though my immediate reaction to that is thinking of underperforming players using the coach as an excuse. Whenever we struggle that sounds like to me and i may be totally wrong that this is a common message that comes out in an attempt to abdicate responsibility. May be we should trust in the coach to get rid of players that are underperforming.
    All I’d say to that is the things I’ve heard (and I’m not alone on here) it is not a case of players using the coach as an excuse, their issues/concerns are legitimate imo.