hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    It good that they acknowledge that being in the bottom 6 is simply unacceptable. With that in mind I would have liked NM sacked now even before the review of the entire football operation, which is a good idea.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He’ll be gone at the end of the season.
    Agreed, there is no way he'll turn this around anytime soon, cheerio 👋

Only positive I see is they have specifically stated BK will be heavily involved in the review which is good.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Looks like he's staying from that, so we need to get behind the club with this decision and hope with their backing he can improve us and we are not back to square one come September.
    No we don't. It looks like the 'vote of confidence' from the board.
    Hopefully, NM will bw away PDQ.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Yet another review of football operations, did we not do that before we appointed BMcD

We just want a good ****ing football team on the pitch hibs. Stop with all the bull**** corporate nonsense.
    You don't think the football operations side influences what happens on the park?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I think that the use of the phrase "simply unacceptable" is quite powerful. That doesn't sound positive for Montgomery.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I think it's a little unfair to single out Montgomery in that statement, and I say that as someone who doesn't want him to retain his position.

A good few others need to take at least some sort of responsibility for this latest mess.
    Their thoughts would be the squad was good enough to make top 6, he was well backed in January and we still couldn’t manage it. That’s on him imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Throughout the time The Gordons have been here, on numerous occasions the club have said they have made mistakes and will learn from them.

Well, it's not happening yet.

My support is unwavering, it's just not going to be at Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

And they can stuff any chance of me buying a season ticket next season, no matter how many times they text or email me.
    We must have different definitions of unwavering.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    You don't think the football operations side influences what happens on the park?

Well the review we done last year certainly never?

A full review was done, we appointed Brian and we’re even worse off

Promising Youngster
    Having failed to achieve the “absolute minimum” and having overseen a “simply unacceptable” league finish, surely the manager has to go.
    I cannot see how any other conclusion can be drawn. Don’t understand why he’s not gone already.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Well the review we done last year certainly never?
    That's about as sensible as saying we had. Manager in terry butcher when we were relegated so why bother with another one

In all seriousness though, we've just had massive investment from a large footballing organisation

As stated they will be heavily involved in this - it's not just about who the manager is it's about structure and the qualities needed in each role to be successful

The folk that were on the negative end of the spectrum on hibs should be rejoicing

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I think that the use of the phrase "simply unacceptable" is quite powerful. That doesn't sound positive for Montgomery.
    Agree. You can’t go using the word ‘unacceptable’ and then accept it by keeping him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The fact it’s came to the board feeling this is necessary should be a massive sign things are not good at all

Massive booing
    Poor fan engagement / relationship with players manager again!
    Poor results

Writing is on the wall

I don’t understand why a few thinking these five games saves his job

If he wins each one 3-0 it’s still not good enough were they’re in the first place

For me he’s a dead man walking and Hibs are just dragging this out unfairly on both him and us.

I just don't see the point in persisting with this any longer, just let Gray and McGregor run the team for the final few weeks.

This limbo can't be beneficial for anyone, Montgomery included.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Their thoughts would be the squad was good enough to make top 6, he was well backed in January and we still couldn’t manage it. That’s on him imo.
    The realistic expectation after adding Marcondes and Maolida should have been Europe.

Agree that bottom six is Montgomery's responsibility and he has to be held to account after the Livingston game is over.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Took 4 months to appoint the DOF last time.

Who from BK is doing the review ? Sounds like it could be a review of things between now and end of the season and then changes at end of the season.

Anyway - won’t be content till we improve results and performances and stop losing regularly to teams with less resources.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I’m sort of reading it as that the season has been effectively written off and the marked improvement in results starts immediately in season ‘24/‘25. The chances of being dragged in to a relegation battle do appear to be highly unlikely given the maths.

From now until then it’s about addressing where we went wrong and what needs to be done to put the club in a stronger place on the park.

If the manager was to be dispensed with I’d have expected that to have been announced within that address to the support. A couple of wins against say Livingston and Ross County shouldn’t be key to any managerial decision being taken at this stage.

Might be reading it different to others but that’s my take on it anyway.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That’s a final warning imo, significant upturn in results or he’ll be away at the end of the season.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    I think it's a little unfair to single out Montgomery in that statement, and I say that as someone who doesn't want him to retain his position. A good few others need to take at least some sort of responsibility for this latest mess.
    He's the manager. Accountable for the performance of the team. Goes with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeez1875 View Post
    Having failed to achieve the “absolute minimum” and having overseen a “simply unacceptable” league finish, surely the manager has to go.
    I cannot see how any other conclusion can be drawn. Don’t understand why he’s not gone already.
    Maybe contract / compensation / clauses ?

If the board let this run beyond the summer, and we end up sacking him early next season, then, quite frankly, we're a laughing stock.

If the board back him now, then they must realise they're leaving themselves in a ridiculously difficult situation should the season start in a similar manner to this.

This is what makes me think his position is untenable, but I don't understand why it's not been done and dusted already.

The writings on the wall isn’t it, there’s just no coming back from it for Montgomery.

Will the Black Knights already have a DoF in place at another club or one in mind that they think the can appoint quickly to fix our issues?

Montgomery is toast.

Might be some contractual thing in his deal that he has to linger around the corridors until the end of the season so Hibs can punt him on the cheap.

Coaching Staff
    If the board let this run beyond the summer, and we end up sacking him early next season, then, quite frankly, we're a laughing stock.

If the board back him now, then they must realise they're leaving themselves in a ridiculously difficult situation should the season start in a similar manner to this.

This is what makes me think his position is untenable, but I don't understand why it's not been done and dusted already.
    End of season there’ll be a “we had constructive discussions with Nick and we have agreed to part ways and wish him well in the future”

Next day or two “Hibernian FC are pleased to announce………..as new Head Coach and we look forward to an exciting start to the season”

@hibs.net private member
    Feel like a few uncomfortable questions are coming his way in the next press conference. Actually feel a wee bit sorry for him, I won’t lie.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar

Agreed. It’s too up in the air. If they still believe in him then they should have said something along the lines of acknowledging the league position wasn’t good enough but he had their full backing to turn things round. Or it wasn’t good enough and he was away. Results in the bottom 6 don’t really tell us much at all.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HendoDelivered View Post
    Feel like a few uncomfortable questions are coming his way in the next press conference. Actually feel a wee bit sorry for him, I won’t lie.
    Aye same, been thinking that since I read the statement to be honest.

He's done a poor job, absolutely no denying that. But they've kinda done him with that statement in my opinion.

@hibs.net private member
    Personally think this should have been done at the end of the season after our next 5 games.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Montgomery is toast.

Might be some contractual thing in his deal that he has to linger around the corridors until the end of the season so Hibs can punt him on the cheap.
    He only sense checked the vente signing. Vente was another Ian Gordon signing, as head of recruitment I’m sure he’s part of the “Football Dept”. Wonder how this will work out his performance in the BK review

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I’m sort of reading it as that the season has been effectively written off and the marked improvement in results starts immediately in season ‘24/‘25. The chances of being dragged in to a relegation battle do appear to be highly unlikely given the maths.

From now until then it’s about addressing where we went wrong and what needs to be done to put the club in a stronger place on the park.

If the manager was to be dispensed with I’d have expected that to have been announced within that address to the support. A couple of wins against say Livingston and Ross County shouldn’t be key to any managerial decision being taken at this stage.

Might be reading it different to others but that’s my take on it anyway.
    That's what i thought too, hopefully i'm wrong.