hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    I don’t know what difference the five games make. If we win them all, so what? We’ve been garbage in all competitions this season and don’t win any big games.

And top 6 shouldn’t be minimum. Top 4 should be. So some ambition ffs.

Winning five games against the rest of the guff when the pressure is off is nothing.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    McDermott is most definitely toast.

It could also be an admission that we've been a bit hasty recently in sacking head coaches and, as there's no real need to boot him now, they've decided to let the review run on the off chance they may just see some potential in Monty that we can't.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don’t know what difference the five games make. If we win them all, so what? We’ve been garbage in all competitions this season and don’t win any big games.

Winning five games against the rest of the guff when the pressure is off is nothing.
    Yeah that’s my thinking too. Reading it again it doesn’t look good for Monty, binned at the end of the season I think.

First Team Breakthrough declan macmanus's Avatar
    The statement is also premature. We could still find ourselves in a dogfight to avoid the playoffs.

They should have kept quiet until we were at least mathematically safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by declan macmanus View Post
    The statement is also premature. We could still find ourselves in a dogfight to avoid the playoffs.

They should have kept quiet until we were at least mathematically safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    This may be true too. We've just done to Monty what Butcher did to the players. Or he sees he's still got a chance to keep the job. I've no idea what he'll think.

I think it basically means improve the results or you are gone AND even if results improve you might be gone anyway depending on ongoing review with the Black Knights who I suspect will conclude he aint the right man

I read that as Monty has 5 games to convince the board.

I’m not one for demanding statements but I know a lot do, as far as statements go I’d say it’s good and fair.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    I said to a couple of mates after Motherwell the board need to sit down with BK group and let them run the footballing side.
    My reading of that statement is them saying that’ll happen without actually saying it.

I’ve thought all along that the BK would get their person in as a DoF, Sporting Director or whatever they choose to call it. Wouldn't surprise me if someone you’ve never heard of comes in to do that and a manager follows.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by raeburnhibs View Post
    I think it basically means improve the results or you are gone AND even if results improve you might be gone anyway depending on ongoing review with the Black Knights who I suspect will conclude he aint the right man
    There’s just no real chance that the result of a Black Knight review will come to the conclusion that Montgomery has done a good enough job to keep it.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tubs View Post
    It could also be an admission that we've been a bit hasty recently in sacking head coaches and, as there's no real need to boot him now, they've decided to let the review run on the off chance they may just see some potential in Monty that we can't.
    I think it’s more saying it gives us time (and a ready made excuse) to get our new manager in for the start of pre-season. I’m convinced discussions have been had with prospective candidates off table. We won’t win all five games that’s for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Throughout the time The Gordons have been here, on numerous occasions the club have said they have made mistakes and will learn from them.

Well, it's not happening yet.

My support is unwavering, it's just not going to be at Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

And they can stuff any chance of me buying a season ticket next season, no matter how many times they text or email me.
    So not unwavering then?
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Pointless statement, painfully obvious the players are a huge huge part of this problem as they have been for the last 4/5 managers.

Manager in my opinion isn’t the right man but consistently changing managers, allowing them to sign horrendous players on long contracts then changing manager is absolutely killing us. Along with ludicrous contract extensions for our already average players too.

Genuine complete clear out from BK right through to Wollacott is required here.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Throughout the time The Gordons have been here, on numerous occasions the club have said they have made mistakes and will learn from them.

Well, it's not happening yet.

My support is unwavering, it's just not going to be at Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

And they can stuff any chance of me buying a season ticket next season, no matter how many times they text or email me.
    Isn't learning from the past exactly what they've done? No rushed decision and, after failing to get it right multiple times now, got someone more experienced in to review and guide any decision.

The rest of the guff - it’s half the league.

If we could beat these teams consistently we wouldn’t be where we are. If we won the final 5 games that would be a massive improvement.

Won’t happen however

I'm glad they realise it's not acceptable
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Good statement. Now the hard bit.
    Exactly. The cynic in me says they’re trying to keep season ticket sales ticking over with the prospect of better times to come. Heard it all many times before.

Would've been fine without it, but it's pretty inoffensive as these things go. Montgomery must go though, that much remains clear as far as I'm concerned.

@hibs.net private member
    Not sure what to think or feel about that to be fair. Defo sounds like NM has til the end of the season to save his job or he will be gone. He shouldn’t be the only one feeling the pressure though, those above him should be feeling the heat too.

See what happens in the summer, be wholesale changes I think.

@hibs.net private member
    4th paragraph, 2nd sentence "There's an understanding that results need to improve."

I think he's been told to win some games or he's out.

@hibs.net private member

Top 4 should be minimum for a team that’s finished in the top 4 a handful of times in the last 40 years?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    They’d have been just as well saying heehaw. The idea that results in the next 5 games should have any impact either way is nuts imo. Meaningless fixtures that tell us nothing.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Well. It is a communication.
    What more did you expect?

Monty would have been aware of the statement going out.

They aren’t just going to release a statement surely without him knowing it was going out to public.

I guess the only good thing of finishing bottom 6 is a review may happen. If we had managed top 6 they may have just buried their head in the sand and thought everything was ok.

Cool story, bro.

Reads as an acknowledgement that the club owes us big time. It's the paying it back that's the important bit and untill that's happening I amn't bothered for their chat.

I think it's a little unfair to single out Montgomery in that statement, and I say that as someone who doesn't want him to retain his position.

A good few others need to take at least some sort of responsibility for this latest mess.

Just happy the Black Nights are involved in root and branch review of why the Club has failed this season in terms of results on the pitch
    Assume they will have a time frame in mind so that actions can be taken as soon as season ends and by sounds of it if results don’t improve in las five games manager could go sooner

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I think it's a little unfair to single out Montgomery in that statement, and I say that as someone who doesn't want him to retain his position.

A good few others need to take at least some sort of responsibility for this latest mess.
    same.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    They’d have been just as well saying heehaw. The idea that results in the next 5 games should have any impact either way is nuts imo. Meaningless fixtures that tell us nothing.
    They haven’t said anything about the next five games.

They’ve said they are reviewing the whole football operation. I think that’s quite meaningful. We could win the next five and still conclude that that all sorts of positions need changed, including the manager.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Yet another review of football operations, did we not do that before we appointed BMcD

We just want a good ****ing football team on the pitch hibs. Stop with all the bull**** corporate nonsense.