hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    So a review of the football structure, does Ben Kensell avoid being part of any review as he falls outside of the footballing structure? Does McDermott survive this?

I think the statement is pish, the cowards hide behind 'Hibernian FC Board of Directors' while they name one man, hanging him out on his own when then non-footballing side are worse than anything on the pitch. They also use Black Knight Football Club as a distraction, do Black Knight own us now? I've said it before, we are being controlled by a 25% stakeholder, pony up and then you can call the shots.

Ben Kensell. Take a flying **** to yourself, you are a disgrace. If you survive this season then there's no chance I'll be back.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A bit late I said they should have done it when Maloney went.
    We didn't have Foley and the Black Knights then...
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Would have been incredibly harsh to blame Montgomery for failing to make the top 6 too.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Rangers winning 2 games of their last 8 games, both against us.

I think Ross county beating them and Dundee getting a draw will play on the Hibs bosses minds.

They’ve turned us over numerous times this season and as a whole have hardly laid a glove on the old firm.

I imagine seeing teams with far less income than us manage it will give them food for thought about why we’re not competing
    With the odd exception, we've been lambs to the slaughter v the Rangers and Celtic under the last 3 Managers. Our results v Hearts have also been mostly poor. No doubt that's down to substandard coaching by Managers who have been/are out of their depth.

Meantime the so called smaller teams often make life more difficult for the gruesome twosome.

It's been said so many times before, but very poor recruitment, particularly of the last 3 Managers, has crippled us. Basically a football department who do not know what their doing, appointing Managers who do not know what they are doing. A recipe for disaster.

I like the statement.

Ignoring for a second the fact that it’s been a pish season for football, there are just little things that people at Hibs are doing that gives me hope.

Statement of acknowledgment of the poor season strikes a reasonable tone. I quite like the way Monty turned up to face the music on Sunday and a couple of people I know who were there were impressed with his tone at the event. I liked the promptness of our response to the recent home game with Rangers, I like the simple fact that we’ve managed to source the input from a group like the black knights and I’m thrilled they’re set to be part of this review.

In general - I’m more of a learn and improve type over a head on a stick type. Maybe Monty goes in and his reflections on our recent failings are 100% plausible, exactly the same as the majority of us have been thinking and he has solutions to the problems?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm Spartacus View Post
    So a review of the football structure, does Ben Kensell avoid being part of any review as he falls outside of the footballing structure? Does McDermott survive this?

I think the statement is pish, the cowards hide behind 'Hibernian FC Board of Directors' while they name one man, hanging him out on his own when then non-footballing side are worse than anything on the pitch. They also use Black Knight Football Club as a distraction, do Black Knight own us now? I've said it before, we are being controlled by a 25% stakeholder, pony up and then you can call the shots.

Ben Kensell. Take a flying **** to yourself, you are a disgrace. If you survive this season then there's no chance I'll be back.
    The statement isn’t great but the article linked on page 4 of this thread gives far more detail.

Coaching Staff

Kensell won’t be around for much longer in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Kensell won’t be around for much longer in my opinion.
    TANfastic news if true.

Poor statement. Shrouded in smoke.

What's the performances and results over the next 5 games going to tell them that they don't already know already?

It's a maybes we will, maybes we won't vibe.

Football manager....some job eh

What difference does that make. An organisation should review and analyse when things are not going as expected. Do internal reviews look for strengths and weaknesses in the organisation. Black Knight should not make a blind bit of difference a good CEO should be proactive it's called good management.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    That would be absolutely spot on if it was spot on. Except that it isn’t because hibs.net doesn’t seem to be going radge.
    I would say I absolutely agree with you if I agreed with you. But I don’t.

And I would say something not very nice in response if I had any ill-feeling towards you. But I don’t so I’ll respectfully agree to disagree.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    I would say I absolutely agree with you if I agreed with you. But I don’t.

And I would say something not very nice in response if I had any ill-feeling towards you. But I don’t so I’ll respectfully agree to disagree.
    *Tips hat*

Could be worse.
    I’m glad he got a mention cos he’s had a hell of a time!

@hibs.net private member
    Must be season tix time with a statement like that.

Taking the fans for mugs, season after season.

Last year the Board of Directors announced a fundamental review of the football operation. They then announced the appointment of a Director to LEAD the football operation.

Less than a year later, the selfsame Board announce yet another fundamental review of the football operation. There is absolutely no reference made to the Director they appointed to head up the football operation.

Presumably they think we're just going to forget about the 2023 review and the role of Brian McDermott?

The lack of integrity in this statement is indicative of a dishonest board who take their supporters for mugs.

So many on this thread simply roll over and accept this fake propaganda.

Coaching Staff
    I think a review of the ‘football operation’ was inevitable after our failure to make the top six.

Exactly WHO is heading the review is going to be interesting……it’s not an overall business review, but one of the football operations.

My experience of reviews….and I’ve been involved in many business ‘reviews’’ in my previous life…but not of football operations I might add…..is that it will inevitably lead to personnel changes.

I would expect McDermott and Monty and the coaching team to be recommended for replacement.

It’s difficult to implement reform from within, and usually senior management are directly affected as a result.

As it’s a review of the ‘football operation’ which clearly has been seen to have been a failure, whether I agree with it or not it’s difficult to see the major people in the ‘footballing operation’ who oversaw it surviving.

Not sure if it will extend to the CEO’s position, but we shall see.

As I said, it will be very interesting to see who actually heads the review….presumably someone with wide football experience as opposed to your general management consultant.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 17-04-2024 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    Poor statement. Shrouded in smoke.

What's the performances and results over the next 5 games going to tell them that they don't already know already?

It's a maybes we will, maybes we won't vibe.

Football manager....some job eh
    I think if someone from BK is on the ground looking at training, preparation, team selection, tactics, substitution, general interaction between coaching staff and players etc, then this will reveal a lot especially if they call in someone with the right kind of expertise to undertake this.
    Let's face it Ian Gordon ect don't have enough knowledge to analyse how the playing side is organised, they need a fresh impartial set of eyes on this
    I don't think the results of meaningless games is what interests BK
    Montgomery is obviously been given ultimatums here and if he can show that he has enough savvy to adapt or take on new ideas, then he might keep his job. If he doesn't then he knows he's out

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    I think a review of the ‘football operation’ was inevitable after our failure to make the top six.

Exactly WHO is heading the review is going to be interesting……it’s not an overall business review, but one of the football operations.

My experience of reviews….and I’ve been involved in many business ‘reviews’’ in my previous life…but not of football operations I might add…..is that it will inevitably lead to personnel changes.

I would expect McDermott and Monty and the coaching team to be recommended for replacement.

It’s difficult to implement reform from within, and usually senior management are directly affected as a result.

As it’s a review of the ‘football operation’ which clearly has been seen to have been a failure, whether I agree with it or not it’s difficult to see the major people in the ‘footballing operation’ who oversaw it surviving.

Not sure if it will extend to the CEO’s position, but we shall see.

As I said, it will be very interesting to see who actually heads the review….presumably someone with wide football experience as opposed to your general management consultant.
    Foley is leading the review

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Foley is leading the review
    I would doubt that he would personally be involved tbh, more likely scenario he appoints someone from his organisation to lead it and report to him…in the same way as a government minister orders a review of his department…he doesn’t interview everybody himself.
    Last edited by Forza Fred; 18-04-2024 at 12:13 AM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1973 View Post
    Throughout the time The Gordons have been here, on numerous occasions the club have said they have made mistakes and will learn from them.

Well, it's not happening yet.

My support is unwavering, it's just not going to be at Easter Road for the remainder of the season.

And they can stuff any chance of me buying a season ticket next season, no matter how many times they text or email me.
    We’ll miss you.

Coaching Staff
    The one question I have…

When is this review to be completed by and the recommendations provided to the board?

First Team Regular Billy McKirdy's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: N?A Wii Code: N?A
    We were two points away from making the top 6, 20 seconds, games where we were wronged with decisions from inept officials, the margins have been fine this season and if any of those matches like the throw in at Ross County hadn’t been given we wouldn’t be talking of the failure we are now experiencing and we would be looking forward to trying to finish fifth or fourth, I do have some sympathy for the team in a season where officialdom has seriously let us as a club down.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy McKirdy View Post
    We were two points away from making the top 6, 20 seconds, games where we were wronged with decisions from inept officials, the margins have been fine this season and if any of those matches like the throw in at Ross County hadn’t been given we wouldn’t be talking of the failure we are now experiencing and we would be looking forward to trying to finish fifth or fourth, I do have some sympathy for the team in a season where officialdom has seriously let us as a club down.
    Even so. Scraping into the top six is no great achievement. We've fixated on it for a while but it was supposed to be the very bare minimum - and still represents an unsuccessful season.

We're that far off where we want to be and that can't have been the plan.

Absolutely spot on.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

so if after an effectively independent review finds Kensell should stay you’re now coming back?

seventy e has the right to this lie own opinion but I’ve often wondered over the years about thr “illldknt be back until…” I’m guessing it started with Alec Miller. With ST attending upwards since then I’m wondering whether folks really follow through on that.
    we almost lost out club. We used to sing “we’ll support you evermore”. We almost didn’t have a team to support so I’ll ever understand the withdrawal. Opinions eh?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I like the statement.

Ignoring for a second the fact that it’s been a pish season for football, there are just little things that people at Hibs are doing that gives me hope.

Statement of acknowledgment of the poor season strikes a reasonable tone. I quite like the way Monty turned up to face the music on Sunday and a couple of people I know who were there were impressed with his tone at the event. I liked the promptness of our response to the recent home game with Rangers, I like the simple fact that we’ve managed to source the input from a group like the black knights and I’m thrilled they’re set to be part of this review.

In general - I’m more of a learn and improve type over a head on a stick type. Maybe Monty goes in and his reflections on our recent failings are 100% plausible, exactly the same as the majority of us have been thinking and he has solutions to the problems?
    Agree with that. Also heard people there on Sunday said they were impressed by Monty’s tone.
    Last edited by JimBHibees; 18-04-2024 at 06:12 AM.

First Team Breakthrough goosefat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    𝗔 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗢𝗳 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀

Like all Hibs supporters, we believe that a Club with our stature should, as an absolute minimum, finish in the top six. Ending the season in the bottom six is simply unacceptable.

In the aftermath of Saturday’s draw with Motherwell, we came together to understand what happened this season and what are the necessary steps to move the Club forward.

With that in mind, we will conduct a full review of the Club’s football structure in conjunction with Black Knight Football Club. The review will be a comprehensive evaluation of the entire football operation to ensure we perform at the highest level.

We have also held detailed discussions with Nick Montgomery to understand what has gone wrong during the current campaign and mutually agreed that results this season have been disappointing. There’s an understanding that results need to improve.

Considerable progress has been made at the Club off the pitch over the last 12 months. That being said, we want to assure supporters that on-pitch progress and performance are at the forefront of our minds. We understand that this needs to be addressed urgently and the experience provided by our new partner, Black Knight Football Club, will help us improve in all areas.

Lastly, we would like to thank every single one of you for your support through this incredibly challenging campaign. Your backing has been unwavering, and the Club is extremely grateful. We will continue to work tirelessly to deliver results our supporters can be proud of.

Thoughts?
    Comments?
    Stating obvious in many ways. If not finishing top six is unacceptable then finishing with a whimper in the bottom 6 can only mean an exit for NM, BM and other board members. A clean slate for the new campaign 🤞

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    The one question I have…

When is this review to be completed by and the recommendations provided to the board?
    End of May / beginning of June according to EEN

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

I don’t see the statement as throwing Montgomery under the bus.

There have been a huge amount of posts on here slaughtering him and saying he needs sacked etc. There have also been loads of rumours about him being sacked, not settled and leaving, ALF taking over and more…

The club have just said we’ve had discussions about where this season has went wrong and everyone is in agreement it’s not good enough?

Why just Montgomery mentioned? Well he’s the manager and at the end of the day it all falls on him to get results. Not saying it should be the case but that’s football.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock, Tick Tock and the Yorkshire Pudding II is now on his way out sooner rather than later with McDermott close behind as Foley will want his own people in place going forward to spend all his cash.

Kensall will be safe exactly as he planned when he set in motion the last clever reorganisation that fully protected his position and hung the manager and DoF out to dry.