hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’m positive the GTF chanting was in the immediate aftermath of the Motherwell game - when he failed to hold a pretty tame shot and they scored the rebound. Iirc it was very late in the game and everyone knew how costly it might be.

Edit - just watched the highlights, first time I’ve seen them since being at the match - the gaffe is even worse than it seemed at the time.
    I think you are right.

I always remember Jim Duffy coming on the radio and saying that no one was hurting more than Oli and he understood the fans frustrations but the guy was distraught. I think people often forget how vicious fans could get around that time. I remember it really kicking off when we lost 3-1 to Hearts the previous season having been 3-0 down at HT with fans streaming out and Miller GTF chants (he was sacked after the game) and it really continued until McLeish came in and galvanised things. Even he was under real pressure early in the great adventure season and I still say the St Johnstone away game in the LC that we lost 4-0 is the most poisonous Hibs support I have been in. It was brutal and no one from the players through the manager and up to the boardroom was spared (apart from Kenny Miller, he got a good reception).
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I think you are right.

I always remember Jim Duffy coming on the radio and saying that no one was hurting more than Oli and he understood the fans frustrations but the guy was distraught. I think people often forget how vicious fans could get around that time. I remember it really kicking off when we lost 3-1 to Hearts the previous season having been 3-0 down at HT with fans streaming out and Miller GTF chants (he was sacked after the game) and it really continued until McLeish came in and galvanised things. Even he was under real pressure early in the great adventure season and I still say the St Johnstone away game in the LC that we lost 4-0 is the most poisonous Hibs support I have been in. It was brutal and no one from the players through the manager and up to the boardroom was spared (apart from Kenny Miller, he got a good reception).
    Remember it well
    Sandy Clark’s first game in charge of SJ
    Big travelling Hibs Support and the team bombed
    The evening news the following night gave the Star player award to the fans

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I’m positive the GTF chanting was in the immediate aftermath of the Motherwell game - when he failed to hold a pretty tame shot and they scored the rebound. Iirc it was very late in the game and everyone knew how costly it might be.

Edit - just watched the highlights, first time I’ve seen them since being at the match - the gaffe is even worse than it seemed at the time.
    Yes was at that game pretty sure Owen Coyle scored late on after Ollie’s fumble

Blog Entries
    30 full time and 16 temporary managers since Hugh Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Remember it well
    Highlights of the game here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdd-3uz4hbc

I have some awful memories of McDiarmid Park. A 5-1 defeat under Hughes and a 2-0 defeat also under him (I think that may have been his last game) when he lost the plot on the touchline and was ranting and raving and arguing with fans. A game that was abandoned at HT because of snow and we lost the replayed game 1-0 on a freezing February night (with Earl Jean making one of only a handful of appearances). The season we finished 3rd under McLeish I remember Tommy Lovenkrands (Peter's brother) giving us the runaround in a 2-0 defeat. There were a couple of 2 goal defeats under both Fenlon and Butcher as well.

I really can't wait to get back there next Saturday
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    My start to life in Edinburgh pretty much set the tone for the revolving door to the manager's office at Hibs.

Flat hunting: McLeish
    Moved up: Sauzee
    Finished unpacking: Williamson

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Dave Ewing would have been manager when I was born. First I really remember is Bertie Auld.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    I find that odd when Stein didn't last a season. Turnbull twice split the Old Firm, won a cup and delivered some amazing nights in Europe.
    The season Stein went to Celtic the Old Firm couldn’t get into the top four in the league. I think if he had stayed we would have won something either that season or the next. His going knocked the stuffing out of the club for what was left of the season.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post
    My start to life in Edinburgh pretty much set the tone for the revolving door to the manager's office at Hibs.

That’s hilarious 😆

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Swanny View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Very end of the Turnbull era, I remember Ormond being in charge vaguely, but I really remember from Auld onwards

Snap.

My first game was '79 and Turnbull was replaced in 1980 (I think)

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Alex Miller…… it was his particular brand of football that attracted me to Hibs from Liverpool 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Alex Miller…… it was his particular brand of football that attracted me to Hibs from Liverpool 😂

@hibs.net private member
    Alex miller was my first manager at Easter Road. Sat in the main stand. Playing st J with budgie on goals, Keith wright etc.

My dad hated football so his mates used to take me.

Then in the old north stand for the next few years with a yellow poncho

@hibs.net private member
    Mogga was in charge when I first started going at a young age

Walter Galbraith was manager for my first ever game in 1962.
    There have been 29 full time managers since then and 13 interim managers (less than 10 games).

What is scary though from a personal perspective, is there have been a total of 53 managers in the club’s history. 42 of them in my time as a supporter (65 years) and, maybe a sign of the times, only 8 in the 61 years up to 1962 from when the first recorded manager was in charge in 1901. Previous 25 years, a committee managed the club.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    It’s the natural thing to excited about what any new manager will bring, but while I was too young really to gauge the mood of the fans when Pat Stanton was appointed, it must have been quite an exciting appointment at the time? Particularly with fellow legend Jimmy O’Rourke coming in as assistant.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by darwenhibby View Post
    Remember it well
    Up there with the most angry I have been at a game. Huge support and I think I ended up queuing at 3 stands before eventually getting in when we were already beat and walking round the pitch to the family stand. The bairns learned a few new words that night

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    30 full time and 16 temporary managers since Hugh Shaw.
    Saved me counting😂