hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Josh doig

Josh doig

I must have missed this and never saw anything about the transfer. How much did we get for his move?

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular
    Probably not official but I think I read in the region of about 300k. He was on the bench for Sassuolo at the weekend and didn't play.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Musselbound View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably not official but I think I read in the region of about 300k. He was on the bench for Sassuolo at the weekend and didn't play.
    …and it looks like Sassulo are going down

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    …and it looks like Sassulo are going down
    Certainly in danger although it's quite tight between a number of teams at the bottom.

Quite a random transfer, no? Wonder what was behind it.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Quite a random transfer, no? Wonder what was behind it.
    I think he was scunnered with Verona messing him around with the Marseilles transfer.

Watched him play last week and he was quite good. Hopefully they don't go down, like to support a team in green and white.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Watched him play last week and he was quite good. Hopefully they don't go down, like to support a team in green and white.
    I hope they stay up. It would be a bit of a disaster for him if they go down and Verona stay up. I can't remember but I think Verona were below Sassuolo when he made the move.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    I think he was scunnered with Verona messing him around with the Marseilles transfer.
    I recall reading the original reason Verona were selling him was because they were skint, and as you say I think that the messing around with Marseilles prompted him to move fairly sharpish after the move to France fell through.

I feel for Josh. It sounds like Verona messed him about a little bit and instead of getting to move up a level to Marseille he's been forced into what is now almost looking like a backwards step to Sassuolo, although their position does surprise me as they've been a good midtable Serie A side for about 10 years now.

I do fear for the next phase of his career should they go down, although perhaps it would make his exit somewhere else easier as I'm not hugely sure Italy is a great place to be at the moment if you're not in the top sort of 8 clubs in the country.

@hibs.net private member Bad Habits's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    I feel for Josh. It sounds like Verona messed him about a little bit and instead of getting to move up a level to Marseille he's been forced into what is now almost looking like a backwards step to Sassuolo, although their position does surprise me as they've been a good midtable Serie A side for about 10 years now.

I do fear for the next phase of his career should they go down, although perhaps it would make his exit somewhere else easier as I'm not hugely sure Italy is a great place to be at the moment if you're not in the top sort of 8 clubs in the country.

Isn't this what roughly happened with Henderson though? Bit of a yo-yo player and then it stuck somewhere. Seems the Italian clubs do a lot of player trading between themselves when they get relegated etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habits View Post
    Isn't this what roughly happened with Henderson though? Bit of a yo-yo player and then it stuck somewhere. Seems the Italian clubs do a lot of player trading between themselves when they get relegated etc.
    Pretty much yeah. Although he was a bit more unlucky with Bari going to pot. I always respected Henderson for not coming back with his tail between his legs after that as it would have been quite easy to do so and instead threw himself into going again.