hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

One message or point you’d really like the club to hear going forward this summer.

I’ll start.
    We really don’t have 3-4 years of waiting for players to catch up to what we need now in the first team. Please sign some seasoned professionals to give the side some spine and backbone.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Sack the manager

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sack the manager
    This.

Don’t want to hear anything.

Just go about our business quietly and sign starting players in the right positions.

1 x goalkeeper
    2 x centre back
    1 x Attacking midfielder
    1 x striker

Lets not try and be overly smart with our business.

Yes a couple of younger laddies can work but it means nothing if we don't have a team with seasoned pros ready to get them up to speed and carry them in their down spells.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Do the talking with the squad, the backroom staff and hopefully the boardroom.

IF they make a statement I want a plan with something tangible that we can measure as a fanbase.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    To continue the fight against racism ( sectarianism) and biased refereeing against us something we will no longer condone

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Ask Bournemouth for help in how to run the football side of the business.

It doesn't have to take 3, 4 or 5 transfer windows to put a competitive team on the park.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I just want to see 95% of this squad gone.

I realise it may not be realistic to get rid of so many in one window but I'm genuinely sick of watching some of these players. I want a complete reset and fresh start. Not a half arsed attempt at one like we've had the previous two seasons. I'd also like to see a complete revamp of the recruitment side of the club. It needs freshening up there.

First Team Breakthrough
    To buy a no nonsense LEFT side central defender and a goalkeeper who can defend cross balls.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Make the team the number one priority and work on what we need now!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Get help. We've got a group of clubs to lean on, and some very successful people to tap into.

Get help on setting up the club for success. Get help on recruitment (on and off the pitch). Leave the egos at the door, put the club first.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Transfer the professionalism and dynamism of our commercial team into the football team.

The club need to make a statement, if they are continuing to support Monty, and onTheir plans for the future.
    We could set out a plan, for future investment in the team, and create a more positive vibe.
    I actually think we have some decent players, and don’t get the complete clear out statements by fans.

Quote Originally Posted by HIBS NUTS View Post
    The club need to make a statement, if they are continuing to support Monty, and onTheir plans for the future.
    We could set out a plan, for future investment in the team, and create a more positive vibe.
    I actually think we have some decent players, and don’t get the complete clear out statements by fans.
    Won't be overly popular but I agree, we have good players for our level in the squad. It is imbalanced and if we were to bring in 4 or 5 quality players, Goalkeeper, 2 centre backs and a left back we would be making a great start to correcting that

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I’ll start.
    We really don’t have 3-4 years of waiting for players to catch up to what we need now in the first team. Please sign some seasoned professionals to give the side some spine and backbone.
    And remember the first priority in SPFL games is to win the battle. The fancy football comes after that. So sign seasoned pros that have the necessary character, not just the necessary skill and talent, and are up for the battle.

Since we lose so many late, late goals I wonder if fitness, focus and concentration are where they need to be so those are key characteristics too.

@hibs.net private member
    Work behind the scenes and get rid of the nonsense we have in our first team, give the manager far better tools to work with.

Am interesting note I was told last night. Several pre contracts already signed in terms of incomings and also outgoings.

Another reason why we possibly won’t sack Montgomery. Everyone knew it was a process not a sprint, the emotional nature of the Hibs support never fails to amaze me.

Invest heavily in the spine of the team.

We need a new GK, 2 CB's, CM and a ST. Spend the money on this.

Run with a smaller squad, make savings by having less volume on the books.

In short, quality over quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by andrew70 View Post
    Work behind the scenes and get rid of the nonsense we have in our first team, give the manager far better tools to work with.

Am interesting note I was told last night. Several pre contracts already signed in terms of incomings and also outgoings.

Another reason why we possibly won’t sack Montgomery. Everyone knew it was a process not a sprint, the emotional nature of the Hibs support never fails to amaze me.
    Heaven forbid the support should be emotional and show displeasure at a very poor season.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Any names ?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

I know a few folk will be hoping one of those is Josh Nisbet. We do desperately need a few good starting CMs

Be ruthless. Get a strong side out and leather all of our league cup opposition. Start the season well.

Good signings in key areas sorted out early doors.

From what we've learnt of the coaching team over the past months, this looks like a sunk-cost fallacy. Monty should change his name to Lazarus if he were to achieve even a modicum of success.

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar

Who told you/source..? 😉

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Get rid of 'manager' and all the dross that purports to be football players.

Admitting that they've made serial recruitment mistakes and that they don't have the expertise to choose SPFL-ready managers, followed by a commitment to entrust that process to people with knowledge of Scottish football

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Invest in quality players for the spine who have proven themselves to be leaders and good players in this division, and who understand what it means to play for a club like Hibernian.

Keeper.
    CH’s (Jason Kerr being one).
    CM’s.
    Striker.

Not sure why they wouldn't say if pre-contracts had been signed.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Any names ?
    no names unfortunately it was a courteous short response.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    I know a few folk will be hoping one of those is Josh Nisbet. We do desperately need a few good starting CMs
    me being one of them, very good player.

Quote Originally Posted by Basildon Hibs View Post
    Who told you/source..? 😉
    a club official.

Quote Originally Posted by McGruber View Post
    Not sure why they wouldn't say if pre-contracts had been signed.
    not sure, out of respect to their current clubs maybe. Let their season’s end first.