hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Who would you appoint?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Derek Mcinnes

78 53.06%
  • Neil Lennon

24 16.33%
  • Neither, I would keep Monty

45 30.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mcinnes or Lennon, the poll

Due to the endless comments about these two, if Monty resigning meant we had to have one of them, who would you go for?

In this highly realistic scenario, no other options are allowed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I would be happy with either Mcinnes or Lennon as I reckon each one would inject some steel into the team and both know the Scottish game inside out.

How about both! Lennon as DOF! That should put the fear of god into our far too comfortable team.

can you imagine facing those two after a bad performance….. would make a terrific reality TV series… “Kicking hibs players up the a*** season 1”
    Last edited by Albert Kidd 86’; 16-04-2024 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Kidd 86’ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be happy with either Mcinnes or Lennon as I reckon each one would inject some steel into the team and both know the Scottish game inside out.

How about both! Lennon as DOF! That should put the fear of god into our far too comfortable team.

can you imagine facing those two after a bad performance….. would make a terrific reality TV series… “Kicking hibs players up the a*** season 1”
    McInnes isn't going to work under Lennon as DOF 🤣

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post
    Due to the endless comments about these two, if Monty resigning meant we had to have one of them, who would you go for?

Where's the neither, bin Monty and go for someone else option?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew_dundee View Post

So it would be like Bobby return tk Dallas (it was all a bad dream…)

https://images.app.goo.gl/1eb2EhgUJvCBFxzT8

can we just jump the shark and also go for some form of alien abduction
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Must be time to switch off polls for a while.

Lennon should be nowhere near our club, had us playing horrific, lower in the league as he engineered his return to Celtic.

It has to be Derek John McInnes
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member h185forever's Avatar
    Sounds like a types of plant compost ….but maybe he can help us grow …..gets my vote

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Neil Lennon should be nowhere near Hibs ever again after he chucked us under a bus to engineer his convenient return to Celtic. That’s without even going in to the mess he left us in

But he done an airplane to celebrate getting a point after blowing a three goal lead against Rangers

He was a complete and utter embarrassment to Hibs at times. Some folk have seriously short memories
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    I don’t want either echo Sean’s feelings above on Lenny and I think mcinnes will just be another jack Ross be fine for a bit then we’ll all be moaning about our eyes bleeding, mind how stinking it was watching that aberdeen team at ER brutal

I'd rather we brought in someone else in a similar fashion to how Bournemouth have with Iraola. Who else was on their list that could possibly be persuaded here.

I think we've seen that having talented players isn't enough if they aren't managed and coached well.

If it's Lennon, Monty or McInnes though then there's only one option and it's not the past or present.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    I don’t want either echo Sean’s feelings above on Lenny and I think mcinnes will just be another jack Ross be fine for a bit then we’ll all be moaning about our eyes bleeding, mind how stinking it was watching that aberdeen team at ER brutal
    If we were going to Pittodrie/Ibrox/CP/Tynecastle and doing what the sheep done to us, we’d ve delighted. Certainly, I would.

I seen his Aberdeen team beat us 4-1 at a canter at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmas View Post
    Lennon's not a good manager. Aberdeen were brutal to watch under McInnes as Killie are now which is why Aberdeen have looked elsewhere and appointed swede Jimmy Thelin . Exciting managerial appointment imo .

How anyone can say Aberdeen were ‘brutal’ to watch under Mcinnes is beyond me.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustaHibs View Post

Probably because they frequently were brutal.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Could we have a fourth option for none of the above ?

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Probably because they frequently were brutal.
    I’m not sure.

Also seen them beat Celtic and rangers on a few occasions as well as hearts.

Something we haven’t been able to do for majority of my lifetime.

@hibs.net private member
    Voted for Lennon as he's easily the best manager we've had in recent years but I'd be very happy with McInnes.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AugustaHibs View Post
    Masters of gamesmanship and anti-football

I remember we pummelled them for 90 minutes in the LCQF at ER and they were time wasting and feigning injury from the off fouling us and trying to con the Ref at every turn petrified of Boyler and they ended up defeating us on pens job done

Then again maybe it is us who are the dafties ?

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

I remember we pummelled them for 90 minutes in the LCQF at ER and they were time wasting and feigning injury from the off fouling us and trying to con the Ref at every turn petrified of Boyler and they ended up defeating us on pens job done

Exactly how I remember them and exactly why I've been against McInnes for so long. Though I probably get playing like that against the uglies and away to Aberdeen/Hearts if it meant getting a result.

Surely his Aberdeen teams didn't always play like that though, for example home to Livi or Ross County. I've no idea cause I only really seen his teams playing against us, but can't imagine them finishing so consistently high in the league playing like that at home and away against the other teams in the league.

It is a weird one.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    McInnes wouldn't get me excited but I can see why he would be an option. But I just can't for the life of me see any positive about Lennon coming back. We had an exciting end to his first season in the top league but it then went to rat****. He fell out with players, managed his exit to get back to celtic and then cost them 10 in a row. I think that the McInnes ship has said though so we may need to add options to this poll

Edit. Add in the fact that every interview lennon was involved in turned into a celtic Q and A also turned my stomach. Not always his fault but he could have easily refused to answer stating that he was Hibs manager now

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post

The game we played Killie in were they had a man sent off in was abit like what you described here , repeated fouling , time wasting etc . I remember folk on here saying how horrible Killie were . If we ever get McInnes as manager it won't take him long to turn us into the Scottish version of Everton.

When was the last time Hibs played exciting football? Fans of other clubs must get their kill at us talking like we’ll only accept 1970 style Brazil type footy.
    First and foremost we should want to win. Anything after that is a bonus.
    Some fans have swallowed the BS that we play attacking footy and it makes up for the fact that we always lose. It’s what got Ross hounded out and has been a disaster for us. I’m beginning to think the fans are as much at fault as the board for the terrible culture at the club. People happy losing so long as it’s the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    When was the last time Hibs played exciting football? Fans of other clubs must get their kill at us talking like we’ll only accept 1970 style Brazil type footy.
    Some fans have swallowed the BS that we play attacking footy and it makes up for the fact that we always lose. It’s what got Ross hounded out and has been a disaster for us. I’m beginning to think the fans are as much at fault as the board for the terrible culture at the club. People happy losing so long as it’s the right way.

I agree with your post other than the last sentence.

I have been watching for 50 years and have never heard one single person say that.

McInnes would hopefully provide some stability and a base to build from.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I agree with your post other than the last sentence.

I have been watching for 50 years and have never heard one single person say that.
    They say it without saying it. Constantly excusing losing with talk about style of play is a loser mentality. And there is a fair chunk of the Hibs support guilty of it.
    It’s time to start adopting a win first mentality.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar

absolutely 100% this has historically been weaponised against us, e.g. by St. Johnstone under Tommy Wright, who literally stated that his game plan was to frustrate Hibs into long balls until the fans turned on the team.

IMO the reason Hearts are effectively the third force in our league is that their fans long ago bought into the idea of winning ugly - and as a consequence, they've actually been able to build the odd team that play decent football AND win games.

Wholeheartedly agree. Sick to death of it. I've seen people on this forum say they'd rather finish 5th/6th playing exciting football than finish 3rd playing "boring" football. Can't get my head around that mindset. Would never hear Hearts fans say that. Was said often during Ross's time. Fast forward a few years and we're now we're finishing 7th at best playing horrific football.

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Lennon's not a good manager. Aberdeen were brutal to watch under McInnes as Killie are now which is why Aberdeen have looked elsewhere and appointed swede Jimmy Thelin . Exciting managerial appointment imo .
    On a podcast I listened to today, the host was adamant Aberdeen wanted McInnes back and asked the question but he won't work under Cormack again. I hope he we appoint him just to see the meltdown from yourself. If anything is brutal to watch it's Montgomery's style of play and results.