hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Who would you appoint?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Derek Mcinnes

78 53.06%
  • Neil Lennon

24 16.33%
  • Neither, I would keep Monty

45 30.61%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Lennon's not a good manager. Aberdeen were brutal to watch under McInnes as Killie are now which is why Aberdeen have looked elsewhere and appointed swede Jimmy Thelin . Exciting managerial appointment imo .
    You just cant make things up and post it on here, Prettyboy posted the amount of games where they scored 3 goals or more, sometimes 6 goals, and the amount of games he won and league finishes that would have some of us pulling the head off it.

Yet here you are looking for this mythical manager that might excite you a wee bit.

I'm sick to ****in death of searching for this manager that's going to turn us into 70s Brazil, other than a few times in my 60 years of following this pish, i'd rather just win games and try to build on winning games by winning a few more.

I'd settle for that first before dreaming of Brazil or the Dutch total football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Neil Lennon should be nowhere near Hibs ever again after he chucked us under a bus to engineer his convenient return to Celtic. That’s without even going in to the mess he left us in

But he done an airplane to celebrate getting a point after blowing a three goal lead against Rangers

He was a complete and utter embarrassment to Hibs at times. Some folk have seriously short memories
    And some people are just making up their own memories! Lennon left Hibs by mutual consent so not really chucking us under a bus and took us to the point where we were still in the hunt for 2nd place until the 2nd last game of the season. No-one else has done that in my time watching Hibs. We were 5th with Lennon's team under Hecky after he left so he hardly left us in a mess did he.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    All the folk backing Monty will give Lennon or McInnes their full backing anyways.

Sticking with Monty is probably the riskiest option.

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Neither….Especially not Lennon

@hibs.net private member Groathillgrump's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    Lennon's not a good manager. Aberdeen were brutal to watch under McInnes as Killie are now which is why Aberdeen have looked elsewhere and appointed swede Jimmy Thelin . Exciting managerial appointment imo .
    Have you actually watched Hibs over the last few seasons? Apart from occasional games where it's all clicked into place we've mostly been pretty brutal too. Particularly in our defending (or lack of it!)

If we have to watch brutal football then let it be the kind that actually gets us wins and points on the board. This 'Hibs style of football' stuff is a myth anyway. I'm old enough to have had the pleasure of watching Turnbull's Tornadoes and since then it's been mostly rubbish with a few periods of good football before it quickly reverts back to rubbish.

It's results before performances for me these days and if McInnes is the man that can guide us to regular 3rd place finishes and cup finals then we should move heaven and earth to prise him away from Killie.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    You just cant make things up and post it on here, Prettyboy posted the amount of games where they scored 3 goals or more, sometimes 6 goals, and the amount of games he won and league finishes that would have some of us pulling the head off it.

Yet here you are looking for this mythical manager that might excite you a wee bit.

I'm sick to ****in death of searching for this manager that's going to turn us into 70s Brazil, other than a few times in my 60 years of following this pish, i'd rather just win games and try to build on winning games by winning a few more.

I'd settle for that first before dreaming of Brazil or the Dutch total football.
    Firstly , I'm not making anything up !. I have never actually enjoyed watching Aberdeen when McInnes was there or Killie now either and have at times found the way they play not entertaining.

Secondly, I'm not actually looking for a manager at all as I voted for giving Monty more time .

It's just my opinion which at the end of the day won't make any difference to Monty's situation or who were to come in next if Monty goes .

So there's no need to worry buddy 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Groathillgrump View Post
    Have you actually watched Hibs over the last few seasons? Apart from occasional games where it's all clicked into place we've mostly been pretty brutal too. Particularly in our defending (or lack of it!)

If we have to watch brutal football then let it be the kind that actually gets us wins and points on the board. This 'Hibs style of football' stuff is a myth anyway. I'm old enough to have had the pleasure of watching Turnbull's Tornadoes and since then it's been mostly rubbish with a few periods of good football before it quickly reverts back to rubbish.

It's results before performances for me these days and if McInnes is the man that can guide us to regular 3rd place finishes and cup finals then we should move heaven and earth to prise him away from Killie.
    Absolutely. 100%. More Hibs fans need to start thinking like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far from these two being highly realistic possibilities, I think it's highly unrealistic, at least in the short term.
    AS long as we don't implode over the last 5 games I think the board will shy away from ditching yet another manager so soon. 9 points or more post-split and Monty will get a summer window and until Christmas to prove himself. Thereafter, if we are still borderline top six (or worse), and if Killie are out of Europe, maybe McInnes could be tempted. Although I am not a huge fan, I do think he is the sort of manager we would need if it turns out that we have ditched yet another manager after a relatively short stay.
    Zero chance Lennon will ever be back at Hibs as manager.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    And some people are just making up their own memories! Lennon left Hibs by mutual consent so not really chucking us under a bus and took us to the point where we were still in the hunt for 2nd place until the 2nd last game of the season. No-one else has done that in my time watching Hibs. We were 5th with Lennon's team under Hecky after he left so he hardly left us in a mess did he.

Funniest thing I'vs seen here all season. That may have been the public statement but I think you're ploughing a lonely furrow with that one pal. (He chucked us under the bus with his behaviour).
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 16-04-2024 at 05:06 PM.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Derek McInnes for me all day every day. He’s exactly what we need.

Either that or I saddle up with Bingo and demand a chain-smoking South American who wears sunglasses 24/7 and shirts that are unbuttoned to the point you can see his moobs.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Where's the option for 'none of the above'?

Quote Originally Posted by supermcginn View Post
    On a podcast I listened to today, the host was adamant Aberdeen wanted McInnes back and asked the question but he won't work under Cormack again. I hope he we appoint him just to see the meltdown from yourself. If anything is brutal to watch it's Montgomery's style of play and results.
    On what I heard and read he wasn't what they wanted as there was mixed feelings about his style of football from the fans and this guy was always their No 1 target from day 1 who they tried to get in abit earlier.

As to a meltdown you'll have a long wait wither McInnes was appointed or not btw !!

https://youtu.be/xhuro45ccDo?si=FSPW5VqIzHxQnEP8

@hibs.net private member Don Giovanni's Avatar
    Not Neil Francis Lennon!

I'd have liked McInnes in as manager and should there be a vacancy at ER we need to give him serious consideration based on consistently getting results.

I can understand giving Montgomery more time, provided we don't tank post-split. He's had 1 transfer window (only!) and we've been on the wrong end of numerous ridiculous decisions this season.

Montgomery adapted his tactics from his arrival and adjusted his preferred 442. The January window showed enough promise to suggest perseverance.

For comparison the gobsh*te that is Lee Johnson had 3 transfer windows (!) and no discernible tactics or style of play - a complete imposter.

McInnes on a long term deal. Knows the league inside out, a manager I actually enjoy listening to, had an Aberdeen side up there constantly going through a few re-builds. A victim of his own success there you would probably say.

DM for me he has enough in the bank that I would be more willing to give him time and stick with him when things aren't going well because he has enough in the bank. Time to start building something.