hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Is he staying?

Given Aberdeen have now also very publicly called out the decisions they’ve faced, that’s going to be quite a few clubs the refs will be out to get next year…

2. Log in to remove the advert

𝗔 𝗠𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗮𝗴𝗲 𝗙𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗢𝗳 𝗗𝗶𝗿𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀

Like all Hibs supporters, we believe that a Club with our stature should, as an absolute minimum, finish in the top six. Ending the season in the bottom six is simply unacceptable.

In the aftermath of Saturday’s draw with Motherwell, we came together to understand what happened this season and what are the necessary steps to move the Club forward.

With that in mind, we will conduct a full review of the Club’s football structure in conjunction with Black Knight Football Club. The review will be a comprehensive evaluation of the entire football operation to ensure we perform at the highest level.

We have also held detailed discussions with Nick Montgomery to understand what has gone wrong during the current campaign and mutually agreed that results this season have been disappointing. There’s an understanding that results need to improve.

Considerable progress has been made at the Club off the pitch over the last 12 months. That being said, we want to assure supporters that on-pitch progress and performance are at the forefront of our minds. We understand that this needs to be addressed urgently and the experience provided by our new partner, Black Knight Football Club, will help us improve in all areas.

Lastly, we would like to thank every single one of you for your support through this incredibly challenging campaign. Your backing has been unwavering, and the Club is extremely grateful. We will continue to work tirelessly to deliver results our supporters can be proud of.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That’s not exactly backing NM is it?

Reads like a final warning.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That’s not exactly backing NM is it?

Reads like a final warning.
    It is a bit weird on the NM front, and improve when? The bottom six? League cup campaign? First five games next season?

Reads like he’s not getting sacked now but if we have a poor run in to the end of the season he’s at high risk .

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    It is a bit weird on the NM front, and improve when? The bottom six? League cup campaign? First five games next season?
    I’d guess he’s also going to be under review as part of the football structure so could still go? But it reads like he’s getting the bottom six games to show what he’s got, which wouldn’t make sense to me.

@hibs.net private member
    Reads to me like they are sticking with NM because they sacked Ross, Maloney and Johnson for being pish with no real improvement whilst acknowledging Monty has been as pish, if not pisher.

@hibs.net private member
    Don’t think anyone could say with any degree of certainty what to take from that on the Montgomery front.

Disappointed it’s not announcing his departure but glad it doesn’t say we’re sticking wit him either.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy90+2 View Post
    Don’t think anyone could say with any degree of certainty what to take from that on the Montgomery front.

Disappointed it’s not announcing his departure but glad it doesn’t say we’re sticking wit him either.
    5 games to save his job is what I take from it

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    🙏🏻

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Good as it sounds like he will be punted and rightly so. Boring football to watch and out of his depth big time.
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    5 meaningless games against the bottom 5 teams is absolutely irrelevant. He’s had 33 games against the whole league and he’s failed. He could win all the remaining games 3 nil and it wouldn’t mean or prove anything, what matters is what happened in the games that did matter. The board have already stated it was UNACCEPTABLE, which literally means they won’t accept it.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    5 meaningless games against the bottom 5 teams is absolutely irrelevant. He’s had 33 games against the whole league and he’s failed. He could win all the remaining games 3 nil and it wouldn’t mean or prove anything, what matters is what happened in the games that did matter. The board have already stated it was UNACCEPTABLE, which literally means they won’t accept it.
    They’re not meaningless games to the club though, he could yet lose the club even more money by dropping down the league.

Fans, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernian Verse View Post
    They’re not meaningless games to the club though, he could yet lose the club even more money by dropping down the league.

Fans, yes.
    They are meaningless in the respect that judging him over these 5 games is not the barometer they should be using.

Promising Youngster
    5 meaningless games
    They won’t be meaningless if we lose the first two.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    They are meaningless in the respect that judging him over these 5 games is not the barometer they should be using.
    Ok

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Are the rumours about his family not settling and wanting to return to Australia true?
    You’d have to ask them…..

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastHibby View Post
    You’d have to ask them…..
    He was asked about it said it was nonsense however clearly a substantial change for his family especially with kids.

Fantasy stuff here but I wonder if Kjetil Knutsen would be in the running for the Hibs job. There was talk of him going to Bournemouth previously. He's been with Bodo Glimt since 2018 and at 55 he maybe wants to move onto another project. Hibs then Bournemouth?

The more I write it down the more I can see it would be very unlikely so I'm going for a lie down 😂

It looks like Moyes might be leaving West Ham.

You never know...

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Juice-Terry View Post
    This is not about whether he should/you want NM to go; rather, the question is whether he will be here for the start of next season or not?
    Yes, he’s still here and he should be.

Some shocking VAR decisions that even had the refereeing body apologise to Hibs are the difference between us being in the top 6 and people talking about how Monty’s January acquisitions improved the team.

Let’s stop giving managers the boot every time we don’t achieve results in the first year or so.

Let us try and get some organic growth, rather that playing roulette with managers.
    Last edited by judas; 20-04-2024 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post

Some shocking VAR decisions that even had the refereeing body apologise to Hibs are the difference between us being in the top 6 and people taking about how Monty’s January acquisitions improved the team.

Let’s stop giving managers the boot every time we don’t achieve results in the first year.

Let us try and get some organic growth, rather that playing roulette with managers.
    Agree 👍

Promising Youngster

Some shocking VAR decisions that even had the refereeing body apologise to Hibs are the difference between us being in the top 6 and people talking about how Monty’s January acquisitions improved the team.

Let’s stop giving managers the boot every time we don’t achieve results in the first year or so.

Year or so? How long is that?

As much as I agree that it’s brutal changing managers every so often, club can’t sustain and few years of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Murphys Touch View Post
    Year or so? How long is that?

As much as I agree that it’s brutal changing managers every so often, club can’t sustain and few years of garbage
    Just over a year .

We had that by repeatedly changing managers these last few years as well though.

There is one thing changing managers end of the season - another thing doing it midseason.

My point is…if Monty starts badly next season changing mid or even early season will be much worse for the club causing disruption again.

If Hibs are going to keep Monty if they trust him - then give him ALL of next season if they aren’t sure then just make the change now or summer.

Of course even a new manager could have a difficult start but we need to avoid changing midseason / early on. Post split change is fine - especially in bottom 6 and not in a relegation battle.

Still think they need to make a change as actually more risk keeping him and pissing off even more fans / less income / season ticket sales etc - at least a new manager will bring in a fresh outlook and encourage a clean slate for many.

We've seen enough from Montgomery to know that he is the level of manager we need if our ambition is to finish 5th each year.

We've seen enough from Montgomery to know that he is not the level of manager we need if our ambition is to finish 3rd each year.

Let's not back a manager just because he's already here. Let's find a good manager and back him instead.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Box Fish View Post
    Reads like he’s not getting sacked now but if we have a poor run in to the end of the season he’s at high risk .
    That is exactly as I would read it. Not sure if they will have given a target of at least 4 wins or something similar but I think that is what they should be doing. I know there will be a big turnover of players but finishing the season with positive set of results.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenPJ View Post
    That is exactly as I would read it. Not sure if they will have given a target of at least 4 wins or something similar but I think that is what they should be doing. I know there will be a big turnover of players but finishing the season with positive set of results.
    Might as well sack him now as give him a 4 wins ultimatum. We’ve played all the other bottom 6 teams in our last 10 games.

Last time we played each -
    Motherwell - draw
    St Johnstone - loss
    Livi - win
    Ross County- draw
    Aberdeen - draw

I’m not convinced judging him on the next few games makes any sense anyway. Our season is done. Livi are down. We’ll beat them probably, but so what? St Johnstone and Ross County will be putting up a fight as they’ve something to play for, but then Aberdeen and Motherwell, like us, are probably just counting down the days to the end of a *****y season.

I’m firmly in the Monty out camp, but if we do well next few weeks, so what? If we do badly, again, so what? Season is done.

Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    Might as well sack him now as give him a 4 wins ultimatum. We’ve played all the other bottom 6 teams in our last 10 games.

Last time we played each -
    Motherwell - draw
    St Johnstone - loss
    Livi - win
    Ross County- draw
    Aberdeen - draw

I’m not convinced judging him on the next few games makes any sense anyway. Our season is done. Livi are down. We’ll beat them probably, but so what? St Johnstone and Ross County will be putting up a fight as they’ve something to play for, but then Aberdeen and Motherwell, like us, are probably just counting down the days to the end of a *****y season.

I’m firmly in the Monty out camp, but if we do well next few weeks, so what? If we do badly, again, so what? Season is done.
    I am not sure the judgement will solely be made on the last five games

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    We've seen enough from Montgomery to know that he is the level of manager we need if our ambition is to finish 5th each year.

We've seen enough from Montgomery to know that he is not the level of manager we need if our ambition is to finish 3rd each year.

Let's not back a manager just because he's already here. Let's find a good manager and back him instead.
    Very strongly agree. Unless there’s some hidden talent we are unaware of.