hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Is he staying?

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    I don’t think anyone can deny we’ve had some shocking decisions given against us this season, where I have some disagreement is the assertion that they definitely cost us points. They may well have but that cannot be proved. The penalty we should have had against the sheep being an example, there being no guarantee to we’d have scored it.

Every team will point to terrible decisions given against them that may well have cost them points this season, I’ve not watched enough to say we’ve had the most.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The worst window for bringing in established players. I think the consensus was that Triantis was backup after we lost out on another player. Triantis has shown he can be effective as a DM. Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t make my opinion less valid. You obviously want NM to go, I am not so certain. I think we should agree to disagree.
    We brought in Maolida this January. We brought in Harry Clarke, Egan-Riley, Chris Cadden, Jackson Irvine, Paul McGinn, Greg Docherty, Scott Allan, Jamie Maclaren, Kamberi in previous Jan windows.

It’s just no an excuse I’m willing to accept for not improving the part of the team that needed it most.

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    If you asked me to take a cow to market and I came back with beans once then fair enough you are not responsible. If it’s the 33rd time you’ve asked me and I’ve come back with beans more often than not. It’s your fault as much as mines. If it seems like I’m your only option it’s because you’re not looking hard enough to change things.

Say half way through my 33 journeys to market you were given the opportunity to employ a delivery driver, but instead you just bought a new cattle fence to replace the perfectly adequate fence that you already have. Again, that’s your fault.
    Thanks. So no matter what I do it’s my fault. I would suggest that you want the current manager gone and will not look at any other alternative. I have no idea what the last part meant as it infers that I am here for longer than one season and have lots of cash to make all these changes!

Coaching Staff
    The worst window for bringing in established players. I think the consensus was that Triantis was backup after we lost out on another player. Triantis has shown he can be effective as a DM. Just because I don’t agree with you doesn’t make my opinion less valid. You obviously want NM to go, I am not so certain. I think we should agree to disagree.
    I’ve posted before that in his one season in the A League Triantis was more a defensive midfielder than a centre half.

Kaltak and Hall were the regular double centre halves for the Mariners with Triantis playing in a freer role.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    I dunno. I only know about our ones, but do hear a lot of complaints from most sets of fans.

This came out in Feb, and we’re not on it - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68306579.amp

This was from the first round of fixtures - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67517896.amp

I get that we legitimately feel hard done by, but disproportionately so? I don’t know. Genuinely I don’t know.
    No one knows, because all fans will have their own team coloured specs on. There is no way of really measuring and making a comparison. It comes down to what you want to believe. of course we've had shan decisions go against us. However, I don't believe it's any better or worse than other sides. To do so would be to believe that there is some anti-Hibs agenda amongst the refereeing fraternity. That for me is nonsense. Incompetency, yes, conspiracy, no.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    I don’t think anyone can deny we’ve had some shocking decisions given against us this season, where I have some disagreement is the assertion that they definitely cost us points. They may well have but that cannot be proved. The penalty we should have had against the sheep being an example, there being no guarantee to we’d have scored it.

Every team will point to terrible decisions given against them that may well have cost them points this season, I’ve not watched enough to say we’ve had the most.
    Agreed.

Aberdeen got a man sent off at Hampden and we went on to lose the game. There’s never any guarantees.

Agreed.

Aberdeen got a man sent off at Hampden and we went on to lose the game. There’s never any guarantees.
    We should have had a penalty in that game.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I do want him to go for various reasons, but that does not matter when it comes to assessing his decisions on Centre Half in January.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Agreed, but no guarantee we’d have scored.

Decisions go for and against every club. Like many others I don’t watch others teams games but every team seems to have a gripe about decisions. We’ve had some bad ones against us that is certain but every team will say the same so we can only go on results and the league table.

Indeed but yet another poor decision against us.

Triantis wasn’t backup though, he was first choice. The delay was down to Sunderland making up their mind about letting him go on loan.

January may be a harder window, didn’t stop us bringing in quality like Maolida, Marcondes and NMW though.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    That's where the could have, should have, would have argument falls flat on it's face. No one knows-end of debate.

I think easty’s point is valid though. Had the Aberdeen player not been sent off I’ve no doubt some would say we’d have won the game otherwise. Yet he did and we still went on to lose. There are just too many assumptions for me what the actual impact of the decisions were.

@hibs.net private member
    I dunno. I only know about our ones, but do hear a lot of complaints from most sets of fans.

This came out in Feb, and we’re not on it - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/68306579.amp

This was from the first round of fixtures - https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/67517896.amp

I get that we legitimately feel hard done by, but disproportionately so? I don’t know. Genuinely I don’t know.
    Two really interesting links considering how we keep hearing on here that we’re the ones that are getting cheated most.

Another reason it is nigh on impossible to say either way is that half these decisions don’t even end up on the highlights packages. Short of knowing a Motherwell/St J/St Mirren/Aberdeen fan or whatever well enough that you regularly discuss the games with them, you’d have no way of knowing when some of these decisions occur.

Theres been numerous of the decisions that are quoted on here that were never included on Sportscene. Take our game against Ross County. Folk pinpoint the equaliser in that game as being one of the biggest reasons we missed out on top 6. All the highlights show though is the throw in being taken. It’s never referenced at any point that we should have had the throw in or that it was taken further forward etc.

If that’s the same for other clubs (and there’s no reason it wouldn’t be) then most of us would never know that loads of poor decisions even happened in games not involving Hibs.
    Last edited by Stubbsy90+2; 17-04-2024 at 12:44 PM.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    And yet, it turns out Triantis was NM’s first choice and wanted it done early in the window. It didn’t happen so we moved on but he then became available at the end of the window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBC's Tom English said last week we should be more aggrieved than anyone regarding VAR and referee decisions.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    BBC's Tom English said last week we should be more aggrieved than anyone regarding VAR and referee decisions.
    That in itself is funny, because 99% of the time I read how Tom English is a fanny and talks ****. Then he says one thing in our favour and he’s no longer talking horse poo?

@hibs.net private member
    That in itself is funny, because 99% of the time I read how Tom English is a fanny and talks ****. Then he says one thing in our favour and he’s no longer talking horse poo?
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day! However people are deluding themselves if they think our failings are down to VAR. Hearts are 23 points ahead of us with a bawbag as manager. There's no way we've had that many bad decisions against us

Quote Originally Posted by Spudster View Post
    And maybe we should be, though I wouldn’t be taking Tom English’s word for anything.

It still doesn’t alter my point that one of the (main) defences for sticking by Monty was we’d have had more points if those decisions had gone in our favour. Yes we may have, but we may have had two more points if he hadn’t made stupid substitutions when we were 2-0 up against Ross County at the end of October.

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day! However people are deluding themselves if they think our failings are down to VAR. Hearts are 23 points ahead of us with a bawbag as manager. There's no way we've had that many bad decisions against us
    While I have a good deal of sympathy with those suggesting that we can't just keep sacking managers and I DO firmly believe that we have been right royally shafted by refs and Var this year, the fact that a very ordinary Hearts team, with one good goalscorer and a rookie manager an be so far ahead of us is pretty damning.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Does that account for the decisions all teams feel went against them, or just the ones that don’t suit us?
    Genuinely don’t think any other team has had the catalogue of game changing decisions we have had. It was game after game and both Celtic in league and Rangers in the cup had more than one decision in each game.

This has become incredible now where we have people queueing up to tell us we weren't shafted after all and even if we were it doesn't matter because we would have still lost all the games anyway.

All so they don't have to cut the manager any slack.

It clearly can’t be proved for definite however these decisions absolutely impact the outcomes of games.

This has become incredible now where we have people queueing up to tell us we weren't shafted after all and even if we were it doesn't matter because we would have still lost all the games anyway.

Pretty much.

@hibs.net private member

I’ve literally not seen anybody say there hasn’t been bad decisions against us.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Why don't you provide some evidence for that? I'll not hold my breath whilst you look for the "facts" though

I could just as easily say "are you seriously suggesting that Hibs are on the receiving end more than other clubs" ?

Whilst your take panders to conspiracists, apologists and the overly lacking perspective amongst our support, most of us realise that it's a blight on our game that affects all teams equally (Old Firm aside, obvs).
    No way have we been treated equally decision wise and absolutely been treated much worse. Incredible take

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    No way have we been treated equally decision wise and absolutely been treated much worse. Incredible take
    If you haven’t watched the other games then you’ve absolutely no way of knowing that though, do you?

Go and ask a Motherwell or a St Johnstone fan about the terrible decision against us up at Ross County. They’ll likely look at you with no idea what you’re talking about.

Ask them about some of the terrible decisions against them. You’ll likely have never seen any of them.

Unless you’ve watched all the games in the league this season then I’m not sure how you can say we’re treated worse than anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    No one knows, because all fans will have their own team coloured specs on. There is no way of really measuring and making a comparison. It comes down to what you want to believe. of course we've had shan decisions go against us. However, I don't believe it's any better or worse than other sides. To do so would be to believe that there is some anti-Hibs agenda amongst the refereeing fraternity. That for me is nonsense. Incompetency, yes, conspiracy, no.
    I think there is an agenda yes

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    No one is arguing we have been great this season and decisions would make up 23 points that is silly however i think a very very conservative estimate would be we have at least lost 5 points or so which would have us 5th.