hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We've just had two must win games against St Johnstone and Motherwell and took 1 point out of 6.

Repeat that form in first two bottom 6 games and things may get a bit twitchy..
    Especially if one of those games are against Ross County.

2. Log in to remove the advert

We'll no end up in the play off spot. Aberdeen on the other hand could be interesting. If our last game is home to them and we could dump them into second bottom I might be tempted to go along, although we'd no doubt mess that up too.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy McKirdy View Post
    To be honest we lose the first two games after the split and Ross County on the back of this result win the next couple then it’s judt 3 points between us and the play off spot, that’s not something I think we have the character to deal with, this scenario is not as far fetched as some believe.
    Are only county allowed to be in the playoff spot, does it move up the league with them? If county take points of teams below us and overtake them those teams still stay below us and in trouble Even losing we would match the result meaning no change
    Last edited by hibstag; 14-04-2024 at 03:16 PM.

At this stage anything is possible. If the rumors are true a lot of the players have essentially downed tools because they have been told they are not in next season's plans. Montgomery has lost the dressing room and the fans. Why even take the risk of getting sucked into the play offs!? Sack him now and let David Gray take us to the end of the season. He will definitely get more out of this squad than Montgomery will until the end of the season.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage-Patch View Post
    At this stage anything is possible. If the rumors are true a lot of the players have essentially downed tools because they have been told they are not in next season's plans. Montgomery has lost the dressing room and the fans. Why even take the risk of getting sucked into the play offs!? Sack him now and let David Gray take us to the end of the season. He will definitely get more out of this squad than Montgomery will until the end of the season.

if some players have "downed tools" then that's surely not on NM, besides if said players have downed tools and not performing to their best then they're not doing themselves any favours for an upcoming transfer window surely

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    if some players have "downed tools" then that's surely not on NM, besides if said players have downed tools and not performing to their best then they're not doing themselves any favours for an upcoming transfer window surely
    Granted but a situation that doesn't suit anyone. Perhaps the conversations about finding new clubs etc could have waited until the end of the season?
    Last edited by Cabbage-Patch; 14-04-2024 at 03:59 PM.

They’ve no downed tools. They’re just no very good and are making the same mistakes they’ve been making all season.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    They’ve no downed tools. They’re just no very good and are making the same mistakes they’ve been making all season.
    Yep. Monty remains popular with the players. There's no lack of effort.

The fact there is a 'can we get drawn into the play offs' thread on game day 33 should be majorly ringing alarm bells.

Quote Originally Posted by snedzuk View Post
    The fact there is a 'can we get drawn into the play offs' thread on game day 33 should be majorly ringing alarm bells.
    I honestly don't think there's any alarm bells ringing whatsoever about it because it won't happen.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I think yesterday will have shattered the players.

I can’t see their hearts being properly in it for the opening couple of games, and facing clubs who are fighting for their lives we can start the bottom six off with a couples of defeats no bother at all.

This could be Butcher II
    Hibs are 1000/1 to finish bottom 2 with Skybet. Fill your boots.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibstag View Post
    Are only county allowed to be in the playoff spot, does it move up the league with them? If county take points of teams below us and overtake them those teams still stay below us and in trouble Even losing we would match the result meaning no change
    I like that idea. One team is allocated the playoff spot regardless of how well they do. Personally I would be happy if the bottom two are relegated they don’t bring anything to the SPFL with regard to support and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    We'll no end up in the play off spot. Aberdeen on the other hand could be interesting. If our last game is home to them and we could dump them into second bottom I might be tempted to go along, although we'd no doubt mess that up too.
    We'll lose a goal in 90+5 mins by either a wonder strike with their only shot on target, penalty or the obligatory mistake.

Oh, and our possesion will be 80% :-)

Who looked like they had "downed tools" yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    Hibs are 1000/1 to finish bottom 2 with Skybet. Fill your boots.
    Christ, that's worth a fiver at least!

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Who looked like they had "downed tools" yesterday?
    Newell for one, although he often goes missing in the big games.

Newell for one, although he often goes missing in the big games.
    Totally disagree. He didn't play great but there was no lack of effort.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    We score goals. That’ll see us 6th or 7th.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Can I see us not picking up a win between now and the end of the season? Absolutely I can.

Can I see us not picking up a point between now and the end of the season? Possibly.

Can I see all the other teams get the “perfect storm” set of results that would put us second bottom? Very unlikely. We are Hibs, though so won’t say “never”.

Didn`t see any signs at all yesterday that the players have downed tools . We didn`t get the result we wanted or deserved but it certainly wasn`t for lack of effort . I thought all the players put in a great deal of effort , unfortunately results earlier in the season meant it wasn`t enough . A year ago we needed a win in Perth , played terribly and without motivation but a draw proved enough . That`s football .

Christ, that's worth a fiver at least!
    I suppose its like doing the lottery . There's always a million to one chance it might happen ! .

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I suppose its like doing the lottery . There's always a million to one chance it might happen ! .
    A thousand to one chance is more likely mind you!

Totally disagree. He didn't play great but there was no lack of effort.
    He's genuinely the worst Hibs Captain I can remember. He's flattered to deceive for years. Heart of a mouse and hope he finally moves on in the summer. We deserve a captain who puts it all on the line for the shirt every game. That's not Newell.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    A thousand to one chance is more likely mind you!
    It would be as well to be a million to one as it's never going to happen anyhow . Anyone putting a fiver on it would be better buying a lottery ticket imo .

He's genuinely the worst Hibs Captain I can remember. He's flattered to deceive for years. Heart of a mouse and hope he finally moves on in the summer. We deserve a captain who puts it all on the line for the shirt every game. That's not Newell.
    Heart of a mouse? The personal insults being thrown at our players now is verging on the ridiculous. Even when playing badly he has never hidden.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

You not a fan of his then?

You not a fan of his then?
    I think that's safe to say 😂 has the odd good game against the likes of Livingston, Killie etc but anytime a big game comes around he's anonymous. He has improved from the player we initially signed under Heckingbottom but he's not good enough to be kept on next season IMO and certainly not Captain material

@hibs.net private member Victor's Avatar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, so, absolute worst case…

5 games left.

County win all 5
    St Johnstone win 4
    Aberdeen win 3
    Motherwell win 2
    Livi win 1
    We lose every game

Ross County - 45
    Aberdeen - 44
    Motherwell - 43
    St Johnstone - 43
    Hibs - 39
    Livi - 21

However, that’d be better runs than pretty much all of them will have managed all year, so I don’t see it. Worst case for us will probably be about 4 points, which will definitely keep us away from the play off spot.
    Last edited by ScottB; 15-04-2024 at 09:39 AM.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    We score goals. That’ll see us 6th or 7th.
    We concede more than we score though