hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiber-nation View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was constantly giving the ball away before he got injured. He can get into great positions and finish well but he just doesn't have the passing ability or pace to play at the level we are aspiring to. You just can't carry someone who is giving up possession as much. I think he would do well in the English lower leagues where you see more of a long ball game.
    Time will tell what players Monty will want to move on ( if still our manager🤞)though he still offers more to the team than Levitt imo 👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The following players are out of contract; would keep the ones in bold if we can:
    Marshall
    Hanlon
    Fish
    Mayenda
    Stevenson
    Maolida
    Le Fondre
    Marcondes
    Triantis

This leaves us with a squad of (bold would definitely keep, italics would actively try to move):
    Miller
    Levitt
    Youan
    Doyle-Hayes
    Vente
    Boyle
    Newell
    Cadden
    Wollacott
    Amos
    Henderson
    Obita
    McKirdy
    Kenneh

Boruc
    Harbottle
    MacKay
    Delferriere

Moriah-Welsh
    Johnson
    Campbell
    Bushiri
    McClelland

Molotnikov
    MacIntyre
    O'Connor
    McAllister
    Whittaker
    Megwa

Aiken
    Landers
    Tait
    I would have said keep Marcondes a month or so ago. But he's put in a string of average to poor performances.

Given his likely salary I'm not sure he's done enough to warrant being kept on.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Need to draw a line in the sand on this - this is exactly why we need continuity from a DoF type person.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

All the players, with the exception of Megwa, out on loan at present should be moved on.

None of them exactly setting the heather on fire are they! Mackay and Tait are basically travelling salesmen.

Had hopes for Kenneh but he seems to have fizzled out at Shrewsbury.

When you look at the OOC players and what's left, it does make you think it would be easier to offload the manager. But then the new man is stuck with them.

What i have difficulty understanding is we expect a new manager to get much more out of the current squad whilst wanting the whole squad emptied at the same time.

With the season almost over. We still need a couple of results to 100% be certain we avoid a play off nightmare.

So who do we give game time to prove themselves before end of season clear out.

Walcott? Needs game time. Marshall will no doubt be away.

Stevenson needs at least 2 appearances to make the 600 legend status and deserves that. Both Hanlon and him need to play in last home game as they will be away. Raith maybe?

Boyle needs rested. McIntyre given game time to see if he can handle first time?

Vente needs eased back in as we will need him next season. So maybe give ALF more game time and decide if he is worth keeping as impact player?

Who of loans worth keeping if any?

Can we move on most of players out on loan? Who of them would we keep?

Lots of questions before end of season. But I hope to see a fresh defence and a new striker at pre season!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Boy View Post
    I’d get rid of Cadden, he’s pish
    Comments like this are absolutely ridiculous. He's a human who plays for the club you claim to be a supporter of. He's a good solid professional who gives 100% shame can't say the same for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Percy Vere View Post
    Comments like this are absolutely ridiculous. He's a human who plays for the club you claim to be a supporter of. He's a good solid professional who gives 100% shame can't say the same for you.
    How do you know Del Boy isn’t a solid professional that gives 100%? 😁

Hopefully the club have already done some analysis planning on paying out to help shift the contracted undesirables.

The likes of Harbottle, JDH, McKirdy, Jair, Henderson, Delf, Kenneh, Wollacott, McClelland

If we can get them away for free then brilliant but likely they’ll need to be offered some kind of settlement and help to find a new club.

Any of them coming back into the squad is gonna set us up for failure.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    The playing squad is a pretty damning indictment of our football strategy these past few years. What a ****ing mess.

I've found it abit confusing that some are wanting players like Cadden , Campbell and Youan away because they're not good enough yet when hertz signed Dhanda, Spittal and Penrice they were getting classed as good signings!

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    we WILL beat st johnstone

Quote Originally Posted by Donegal Hibby View Post
    I've found it abit confusing that some are wanting players like Cadden , Campbell and Youan away because they're not good enough yet when hertz signed Dhanda, Spittal and Penrice they were getting classed as good signings!
    Campbell just isn't good enough for us I don't think. Working hard isn't enough.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Campbell just isn't good enough for us I don't think. Working hard isn't enough.
    Is Dhanda any better ? . Is Cadden pish and Penrice good ? , would you swap Youan for Spittal too ? .

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Is Dhanda any better ? .
    He’s better than Campbell yes.

I think Stevenson not making 600 would be an utter shame. Even if they are only sub appearances.

Cadden is fine, he'd probably start for every team outside Rangers and Celtic, just fans taking shots whilst emotional.

The criticism Youan gets is moronic, and mostly from people who don't understand that you need players like him to give you an x factor in a league in which 80% of our opponents sit in against us.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Dhanda, Penrice & Spital are good additions as squad players, signed from a position of strength. We have about 30 players on the books, the majority of who range from good squad players to deadwood. Very few players actually good enough for the first 11 and worth building the team around.

Is Dhanda any better ? . Is Cadden pish and Penrice good ? , would you swap Youan for Spittal too ? .
    I'm speaking specifically about Campbell.

Cadden and Youan have something to offer here still IMO.

Paid no attention to Penrice or Dhanda. Spittal is a decent player, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Cadden is fine, he'd probably start for every team outside Rangers and Celtic, just fans taking shots whilst emotional.

The criticism Youan gets is moronic, and mostly from people who don't understand that you need players like him to give you an x factor in a league in which 80% of our opponents sit in against us.
    I agree with this . Find the criticism some of our players get OTT at times .

Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post

Its a bit of a myth 80% of our opponents sit in. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Mirren haven't sat in at all against us this season (Maybe Aberdeen in the semi)

Youan deserves stick for his decision making and his first touch/hold up play. Its scary how often he loses the ball, or fails to control it. But he does many good things and offers a threat.

Its a bit of a myth 80% of our opponents sit in. Celtic, Rangers, Hearts, Aberdeen and St Mirren haven't sat in at all against us this season (Maybe Aberdeen in the semi)

Youan deserves stick for his decision making and his first touch/hold up play. Its scary how often he loses the ball, or fails to control it. But he does many good things and offers a threat.
    Aberdeen have sat in every game against us this season with the exception of the 2-2 draw, in which they were under a fair bit of pressure to come out and show something. St Mirren have sat in every time they've played us and their manager is quoted as saying they don't want possession in games against us.

Youan's first touch is exceptional, sometimes what he does afterwards is less so, odd thing to pick out.

I'm speaking specifically about Campbell.

Cadden and Youan have something to offer here still IMO.

Paid no attention to Penrice or Dhanda. Spittal is a decent player, though.
    I have watched attacking midfielder Dhanda quite abit and can't say he's particularly stood out though after he signed for hertz he's been described as a good signing yet Campbell who has more goals than him isn't . each to our own opinions though I'd rather have Campbell .

You and I might think both Youan and Cadden have something to offer though the two have had criticism in the Past/lately while Spittal and Penrice have been seen as good signings .

Again I'd rather the two of them or Campbell for any of Penrice , Dhanda or Spittal . Certainly don't see any of them as a upgrade on what we have tbh .

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Josh Campbell is contracted until the end of 26-27 season and whatever we think of his merits, he probably the least of our worries player wise. He does offer goals, energy and a wee bit versatility. I have to say, he's not the greatest on the ball at times, but he will contribute.

The squad is a bloated mess. So many of the failed signing strategy still here and that is taking it's toll on the football side of things, limiting our signings etc. How do we prune it, because much of the long term project failures will be here for a while (WTF extended Deferriere's contract, totally baffling).

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Dhanda, Penrice & Spital are good additions as squad players, signed from a position of strength. We have about 30 players on the books, the majority of who range from good squad players to deadwood. Very few players actually good enough for the first 11 and worth building the team around.
    We have players like your Dhanda , Penrice and Spittal at the club already which is why I mentioned 3 of our players who imo are equally as good if not better than them .

We do need a bit of a clear out on certain players like Henderson, Mackay, Taits , Levitt , Jair , Kenneh , McClelland etc though wither we will absolutely gut the squad totally I'm not so sure it would be a good thing entirely to do .

I'm hoping we add a Goalkeeper and to our attack as well as the midfield and defence which are the two priority area's. We need quite a few new first team players in the summer with maybe abit of grit /steel , leadership attributes which I think we have been badly lacking in .

If we do that I'm not against keeping the likes of Newell , Rocky , Alf and Campbell as squad players . Lots of work to do this summer though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Really been very good since he came back
    I'd definitely keep Chris Cadden, he's a good hard working professional.

I see Jason kerr is out of contract in the summer. Not sure if he signed a precontract with anyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The following players are out of contract; would keep the ones in bold if we can:
    Marshall
    Hanlon
    Fish
    Mayenda
    Stevenson
    Maolida
    Le Fondre
    Marcondes
    Triantis

This leaves us with a squad of (bold would definitely keep, italics would actively try to move):
    Miller
    Levitt
    Youan
    Doyle-Hayes
    Vente
    Boyle
    Newell
    Cadden
    Wollacott
    Amos
    Henderson
    Obita
    McKirdy
    Kenneh

Boruc
    Harbottle
    MacKay
    Delferriere

Moriah-Welsh
    Johnson
    Campbell
    Bushiri
    McClelland

Molotnikov
    MacIntyre
    O'Connor
    McAllister
    Whittaker
    Megwa

Aiken
    Landers
    Tait
    Just curious - how are you differentiating between the younger players? Do you watch their games? Had high hopes for McCallister